First Car, First Audi, Old Car, Old Driver

SimplyChris

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope all is well

25 years later finally got round to doing lessons and passing test!
Lovin' it and so so glad I picked Audi!
Had great fun since picking her up in Rotherham last Saturday. 3 trains down there from North East England.
M1 1st motorway experience and was OK!

Finally, wanna say big thank you for keeping the posts from 2004 on the site, I've learnt allot reading all the old threads.

YOU ARE ALL LEGENDS!
Chris

Reactions: PeterT and RSTHRILLER
Hey buddy. Congrats on the purchase and hope you like it here even more now that you have an Audi. Share the pics when you have a moment.

So, would I be right in assuming that you just turned 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum :)

Reactions: SimplyChris
Hey buddy. Congrats on the purchase and hope you like it here even more now that you have an Audi. Share the pics when you have a moment.

Thanks man, only outside photo is my profile pic atm, currently learning and working on the detailing. The leather seats are coming up well.

21 again like every year!!
How long you been driving/into Audi's?

Attachments

• DSC_0373.JPG
    DSC_0373.JPG
    518.5 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: V6_Man
Welcome mate.

Thanks man, having a right good read around. Currently in May 2005, debates about the A3 2.o TDI (my car) v FSI, funny as.
Other fun quotes 'Photo taken on my ****** camera phone' and 'I'm into Funky House and R'n'B, what's the bass like on the Bose' make me chuckle! All this just as Facebook is starting to take hold of the UK over Myspace!

Thanks man, only outside photo is my profile pic atm, currently learning and working on the detailing. The leather seats are coming up well.

21 again like every year!!
How long you been driving/into Audi's?

It is an amazing job you’ve done on the leather seats Chris. The bum portion looks like a new seat

I’ve had quite a few Audis over the years and been an Audi guy since 2007 and never looked back. I must admit my first two cars were a 306 and a Civic

It is an amazing job you’ve done on the leather seats Chris. The bum portion looks like a new seat

I’ve had quite a few Audis over the years and been an Audi guy since 2007 and never looked back. I must admit my first two cars were a 306 and a Civic

Thanks, lots more work to be done on that tough old leather! What was your first Audi, A4/S4? I've bookmarked your build thread, lookin forward to reading man

Hi and :welcome!:glad to hear that you are enjoying your new car ,those leather seats look really nice, keep up the good work :blackrs4::readit:enjoy

Thanks man, plenty more scrubbin to do, 13 years of s*^t to get up n out! What was your first Audi and why you choose?

It was an A4 B5 1.6 petrol, which I bought from a guy in Cardiff back in 2007. It had 37k on the clock and I kept the car until 2014 with only 100k on the clock. Body-wise it was immaculate but started developing all sorts of engine related problems, ECU gone, starter motor replaced twice, wiper machine, linkage arms and was costing me over £1k to fix it. It all happened within 12 months and I had no other option but to scrap the car

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
Welcome to the best club in town chap......and very soon you'll wonder why you didn't come here before .....and as they say in the movies , welcome to the greatest show on earth......
Enjoy

Rob

Reactions: Sandra, Andy F and GAS MONKEY
Enjoy the forum bud, great bunch on here!

Reactions: Sandra
Enjoy the forum bud, great bunch on here!
Thanks man, seems it, in good hands! What was your first Audi and why bro?
Nice Kit by the way, I used to play too but moved over to bass, still like a bash now and again if get on one!

Thanks man, seems it, in good hands! What was your first Audi and why bro?
Nice Kit by the way, I used to play too but moved over to bass, still like a bash now and again if get on one!

Haha thanks man, I dabble in bass a little but myself but I'm a drummer at heart, my first Audi was a 2011 S3 I'd wanted one for years and it's been my most beloved car. Unfortunately I had to sell her a few years back due to buying a house but I'm in a better financial position now so I'm currently in the final stages or ordering a new A3. I'd have another S3 in a second but I now travel 70 miles a day for work and I simply wouldn't couldn't afford the fuel bill!!! :sign unfair::sign unfair::sign unfair:

Bass playing drummers are better than guitar playing bass players! I bashed for 10 years from school but when went to music college, 5 groups, 10 drummers, 4 bass players. Was waiting all the time to bash and was already learning bass so no brainer n switched. Ended up playing professionally for a few years. Had great fun on the road, miss it now!

Looks like you've made some sensible life choices there with selling, buying house then the A3. Good on yer man!
I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in your new baby when ya get her. When's it due?