First Audi - B8.5 Sepang Blue S4 Avant

Super sports seats

Alcantara just can look scruffy fast, I see so many with stains.

Yeah - Audi exclusive valcona leather w/ alcantara supersports - a snip at £3.8k.

Hmm, have to have a play with ye car configurator. Sure I saw the option on there at one point.

The normal sports seats are just s-line seats if I remember correctly. I'd want uber seats if I'm paying 50k for a car and not the same ones as you get in a repomobile ;-)

Here you go....my £0.00 cost option:p

Reactions: Bristle Hound and StuBill
Thanks for the replies with the pics, not confused anymore. Super Sports Seats are clearly the better looking and if I went with them it would just be black leather. Just a question now if I want to splash the extra £1440, dealer conversation coming soon.

I like the black on black but people seem mad for the Penguins, black and white. Mine is the first picture cream and black. I think I would have like solid black more but I'm happy enough.

I will tell you something else, cars with no options are nigh on impossible to are resell. Colours and spec are very very important on resale.

When i was ordering mine i sat in both an the super sports were just a lot more supportive an just look awsome. I went for the black with magna think its looks good in the brochure and from the pics ive seen :)

When i was ordering mine i sat in both an the super sports were just a lot more supportive an just look awsome. I went for the black with magna think its looks good in the brochure and from the pics ive seen :)
I assume from that you haven't seen them in the flesh? If so I'm happy to confirm I have and they look good. :)

Reactions: Lastkill21
You would assume right ;) seen the white on black an they looked good so goingnoff the red should look cool in a sepang blue car :D

Reactions: scotty76
Here you go....my £0.00 cost option:p
View attachment 56536
Same here Dave :D

I like the black on black but people seem mad for the Penguins, black and white. Mine is the first picture cream and black. I think I would have like solid black more but I'm happy enough.

I will tell you something else, cars with no options are nigh on impossible to are resell. Colours and spec are very very important on resale.
On the flip side of the alcantara / leather discussion. Someone has to be sticking up for #teamalcantara beside @David J & me

Have seen plenty of Audi full leather seats go saggy where you plant your ***. & after a short time, they go from the nice matt finish when the seats are new to the shiny like plastic finish

I'm in the boat of buying a car that suits my needs and expense's. I choose my car and spec because its what I want not worrying about resale time

I DO like the SS seats but at over £1400, sorry no. IMO they should be standard on a S4 anyway :thumbs up:

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Reactions: ERBY
I couldn't agree more @Bristle Hound, well said!
In addition, we sometimes use an iPad for rear entertainment for our little one on long trips & the holder requires the headrest 'struts' to clamp to.
I have had all leather now in my last 5/6 cars and was really keen for alcantara this time for a change - they feel really comfy particularly when the seat heat is on for those cold mornings hmmmm:o.k:
Like Colin said…we all have our budgets and what our head & heart's desire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Just by coincidence I was contacted by the dealer yesterday to finalise on my spec because he knew I was contemplating some changes. The sun roof went in and so did the super sports seats in black. They are still having problems changing orders in the system that have been switched to MY16 and mine is in that category, hence the need to finalise on it for when they do get in. There is a small amount of regret associated with dumping the alcantara but in the end it wasn't really about the material, I wanted the shape of the super sorts seats.

Dealer has been pretty good and is giving me same level of discount on the options I have added which contributed to my motivation on the s/roof and seats. All I need now is the final cost because at the moment all I know is that it is somewhere north of £39K. The sales guy I have been dealing with is now out for a week and the work to be done is with his management team, will post when I have something concrete to add.

I sure hope they get it done soon because my head is easily turned and I stumbled across a gorgeous TdF blue Ferrari 360 F1 yesterday.........stop the madness.

Reactions: jdp1962
I DO like the SS seats but at over £1400, sorry no. IMO they should be standard on a S4 anyway :thumbs up:

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

I would have loved the SS seats too but had to keep the options list short to keep the costs vaguely sane.

Reactions: ERBY and Bristle Hound
My salesman at the dealer returned from vacation today. Yesterday I sent him my config using the updated configurator and today he entered it into the system. Build week is set for week 25 and I am to expect the car mid-July which based on some personal circumstances is absolutely ideal.
Final Final Spec

Black Edition Nav 3.0 TFSI quattro S tronic
Exterior
E9E9 Sepang blue, pearl effect
Interior
ZM Material: Fine Nappa leather with S4 embossing on the front seats
Seats:S sports seats at front
Seats: Black
Dashboard: Black
Carpet: Black
Headliner: Black

2H1 Audi drive select
UH2 Audi hill-hold assist
7X8 Audi Parking System Advanced
PV3 Convenience package
N3M Fine Nappa leather with S4 embossing on the front seats
4A3 Heated front seats
7HB Leather door armrests front and rear
3FU Open Sky Panoramic sunroof
6XL Door mirrors – electrically folding and auto dimming with memory function
PQ6 19" x 8.5J ‘5-segment-spoke’ design alloy wheels with 255/35 R19 Y tyres
PS6 Super Sports seats
3X2 Through-load facility

Reactions: xpoweruk, silentbrown and scotty76
Alacantara/leather seats for me too :)
Couldn't justify the 1400 quid either when there were other options I wanted in the budget. As said, each to their own though.
Agree with the comment on heating - the alacantara heats up in about 2 seconds flat :)

My salesman at the dealer returned from vacation today. Yesterday I sent him my config using the updated configurator and today he entered it into the system. Build week is set for week 25 and I am to expect the car mid-July which based on some personal circumstances is absolutely ideal.

That's good news. My saleslady is away this week, but I've done a similar thing with the configurator.

The parking sensor thing is strange. Parking "advanced" with camera at £340 seems a no-brainer if you want front sensors.

According to the configurator, my car (non-BE) will list for about £950 less than before, despite adding the rear camera. . Almost enough to add supersports seats! I need to get the order placed before they discover it's a cockup..

I don't think it is a ****-up because there was no question about mine going through with it today. I was also in the position of being in a good place with the new list price but I had already decided to eat it up with more options.
Good luck with your order.

That's good news. My saleslady is away this week, but I've done a similar thing with the configurator.

The parking sensor thing is strange. Parking "advanced" with camera at £340 seems a no-brainer if you want front sensors.

According to the configurator, my car (non-BE) will list for about £950 less than before, despite adding the rear camera. . Almost enough to add supersports seats! I need to get the order placed before they discover it's a cockup..

Hi all,

I have just placed an order for an S4 Avant BE in Sepang with ads, sports diff, folding mirrors and a few other bits. I had specced parking system plus, but have emailed my dealer today about the advanced as it looks like the rear camera is basically a £15 option now from the upgrade from plus to advanced. Is this correct or am I way off track?!

Just waiting on a confirmed build week but looking forward to getting into something a bit more fun than the c7 a6 avant that I'm in now!

Cheers

Reactions: silentbrown
Hi all,
I have just placed an order for an S4 Avant BE in Sepang with ads, sports diff, folding mirrors and a few other bits. I had specced parking system plus, but have emailed my dealer today about the advanced as it looks like the rear camera is basically a £15 option now from the upgrade from plus to advanced. Is this correct or am I way off track?!
Cheers
Welcome! Lots of expectant S4 owners here...

That's my understanding of the Parking options. Before, you could only order "Advanced" if you'd ordered "Tech pack" (which included 'parking plus'). Now there's no Tech Pack, and the configurator doesn't allow you to select both 'Plus' and 'Advanced'. So camera is basically a £15 option :) I still think it's a cockup, though.

Welcome! Lots of expectant S4 owners here...

That's my understanding of the Parking options. Before, you could only order "Advanced" if you'd ordered "Tech pack" (which included 'parking plus'). Now there's no Tech Pack, and the configurator doesn't allow you to select both 'Plus' and 'Advanced'. So camera is basically a £15 option :) I still think it's a cockup, though.

Hi!

Let's hope we're right and it's not a **** up although given audi's configurator track record I wouldn't be surprised! ;)

I just checked my order agreement (the one you sign with the dealer) rather than my configurator output. Audi Parking System Advanced was my only requested options change this time around and there it is in the list of Mfr options at the price of £340. What more could you ask for, good deal.

So my dealer just called me re swapping from plus to advanced parking pack and apparently it is a **** up. He said he'd keep an eye on it for any changes or news but it's plus or nothing at the moment apparently.

He seems like a fairly knowledgeable guy compared to most of the main dealer sales guys I've dealt with previously so although sceptical, I think he is telling the truth. No reason not to!

Ah well, when it seems to good to be true . . .

That's unfortunate but it is definitely not true to say it's Plus or nothing, my order went into the Audi systems as Advanced. However, my original order included Technology Package High and I am wondering whether this is somehow related to the way they consolidated that into the BE base package and me switching the whole thing to MY16.
Is Tech Package High part of your order?

The tech pack high thing might make a difference. As I knew the my16 changes were coming I didn't spec the tech pack at all, just the parking sys.

Tbh, I'm very happy either way, just always want to make sure I'm not missing out!

The new brochure is on the Audi site now. Still looks like Parking Advanced is just £340 if you have Nav.

Yeah, still lists it, but apparently the dealers can't put it through the system. If anyone can tell me I'm being lied to by my dealer then I'm all ears!! :)

****** hell with all this MY15 post BW22 shenanigans , I'm pleased I'm confirmed BW19

At least I should know what I'm getting. He says optimistically ... :tumble:

Yeah, still lists it, but apparently the dealers can't put it through the system. If anyone can tell me I'm being lied to by my dealer then I'm all ears!! :)
My dealer has been able to change my order to include Avanced. I did have tech pack on my original order though.

I played around with the configurator trying to figure this out and the only clue I got when I added park system advanced was in the info box where it said it could only be added in conjunction with a technology pack. So it sounds very much like the pack is the key to this issue.

Think there is still some confusion (surprise surprise!) about the standard spec of the my16 cars. It looks like parking sys plus is now standard on the BE (as per audi website and brochure) but the configurator still lists it as an option.

Speaking with my dealer again towards the end of the week, so will try and clarify! If anyone else gets there before me, keep me posted!!

I have been watching my order going through the process online. We now have paint on all the bits that need it and assembly is this week but waiting until mid-July for delivery is getting painful. It got worse earlier this week when I sold the RR the day after I advertised it.
C'mon Audi, get a move on!

Hi there, it has reached UK and is currently on it's way to Audi Guildford. As my sales guy doesn't come back from hols until Friday I am not expecting anything to happen until then.
So it's a slim chance for Saturday but more likely to be early next week and hopefully the weather will pick up by then. I really don't want to get it in the rain.
Thanks for asking and trust you are still loving yours.

Reactions: jdp1962
After what has seemed inordinately lengthy periods of time moving my car across Europe the app is finally showing it has arrived at Guilford Audi. I assume that means yesterday or before so I should be getting it early next week. This is a good thing as despite being laid back since ordering my patience now begins to wear thin. Roll on next week!!

Reactions: Keef, jdp1962 and Bristle Hound
After what has seemed inordinately lengthy periods of time moving my car across Europe the app is finally showing it has arrived at Guilford Audi. I assume that means yesterday or before so I should be getting it early next week. This is a good thing as despite being laid back since ordering my patience now begins to wear thin. Roll on next week!!
Getting closer :thumbs up:

Very close and nearly there - pick it up tomorrow evening.

I was at the dealer today and the lot was covered in shiny new 15 reg cars awaiting collection with a few pre-registered vehicles among them. A Black RS6 was being positioned for collection while I was there, what a beast!

Like the child that I am I resisted looking for mine so it can be a complete surprise tomorrow evening and that will include the driving as it will be my first time at the wheel of an Audi.

Reactions: ERBY, Bristle Hound, ruairi83 and 1 other person
Very close and nearly there - pick it up tomorrow evening.

I was at the dealer today and the lot was covered in shiny new 15 reg cars awaiting collection with a few pre-registered vehicles among them. A Black RS6 was being positioned for collection while I was there, what a beast!

Like the child that I am I resisted looking for mine so it can be a complete surprise tomorrow evening and that will include the driving as it will be my first time at the wheel of an Audi.
Nice one, @alxce. You've done well. Enjoy it, then tell us all about it in your time.