First attempt at DIY poly-bushed rear diff carrier...

VAG-Slag

Reaction score
Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
Not sure everyone's going to like this, but I thought I'd have a pop at making my own poly-bushed rear diff carrier...

I had a bit of poly-tek left over from doing the engine mounts on my A3 and went about hatching a plan of attack for the diff carrier. Without going into too much detail just yet, here's how the first one turned out.

I thought it was on the **** at first, but I think it's just the way the mould sat making it look ******. I've checked and it seems straight initially. I suppose the proof will be in the fitting but maybe I'll try a more accurate means of measurement prior to fitting.

Still got the other side to do, so more to come. Just thought I'd show you guys how it's turned out so far, and would be interested to hear your thoughts!?

looks good, be prepared for horriffic drivetrain noise though :p

Thanks... Seeing as it's for the drift car, transmission noise isn't even on the list of things to be concerned about!

And to be fair, it's the mid-level hardness "flex 70" stuff so it's not mega stiff. Should be a step up from the previous marshmallow bushes though!

yeh, you'll be surprised just how noisey it is though :p

I fitted solid subframe mounts and 80 shore rubber diff mounts and it sounded like the diff had no bearings left :p

Yep, race maybe, daily driver no way ! Been there and got the tee shirt !

And the other side now done:

Pretty pleased with how it's turned out to be fair. All looks nice and straight, will let you know once I've fit it all.

I also had a pop at doing the diff mount:

The rear brace bushes still seem to have a bit of movement in them... The mount is stiff as hell though :tearsofjoy:

Still, happy with the results so far and saved myself a good few £££'s. If anyone's interested I'll do a little write up on how I did it all, can't be bothered if no one's going to use it though! lol