First A5, looking for tips on improvements.

liam moser

Reaction score
I got my A5 a week ago now and love what has been done to it so far but i have caught the bug and i am looking to make it my own and do some bits to it.

So far it has had the silver trim and headlights wrapped, the front grill changed for the honeycomb grill, widows tinted and alloys sprayed black.

The things I have in mind so far are to tint the front windows to try and even the car out a bit, retrofit puddle and foot well lighting and change all the lights to LED's.

Im new to all this and there seems to be endless possibilities looking online at what i can do but suggestions on what you think could improve the look of the car would be helpful as im sure there are loads of things i could do im unaware of!!! thanks, liam
Media
DSC 1788
DSC 1789
DSC 1787

Reactions: JulianW and xpoweruk
Very nice!

A quick mod you can do that will freshen up the back is to add the chrome exhaust tips. About £45 from Audi I believe (maybe Mike on here can do a better price via the part request system?). Comes in either chrome or black chrome. Reckon black chrome will do the job nicely!

Also see your A5 is no different in that it is peppered with stone chips.. The front end looks like its been affected more than my old A5, which is no easy feat....! Perhaps I respray to freshen up the front?

Interior and fog LEDs are very cheap and easy (hit T8ups with a PM), but the xenons and DRL headlights also suit the car very well...unfortunately thats not so quick and definitely not cheap....you would need to look at replacing the front bumper to accommodate the washers if you did that mod, which could kill two birds with one stone (pardon the pun...) by solving the stone chip issue?

Just some thoughts :)

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I had thought about a respray for the front as the chips are quite bad but would need to look into prices first as it's probably something I would need to save for.

Hadn't even thought about the exhaust tip and agree it would deffinitely improve it from the rear and at not much cost either!

With the headlights the reason I was going down LED's route was down to cost again, I know to really make it stand out I need to spend money and the xenon headlights would look amazing I think but in looking about this last week I have found its a bottomless pit of things I could do with the car/money I could spend! Plus I have a missus I imagine wouldn't be very happy when the kids are starving but the car looks the ********!

Thanks for the input it's much appreciated.

Very true...!

I think there are white bulbs by Philips that you can replace them with to make them at least white, rather than yellow?

I guess spacers and lowering springs are also a good way to improve the stance of the car. I did spacers on my previous A5, but no lowering. Does look good though....

Here was my old build thread. I did really like the updated gear stick from the FL model and the S5 aluminium pedal covers.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/build-threads/95786-dreskimos-build-thread.html

Done next to sod all on my S5, other than spray the rear diffuser gloss black....quite lucky in that it has everything I want really...!

Welcome aboard, Liam. Great looking SB, and you clearly don't need any encouragement on the modding front!
Here's a quick and easy one - fit gloss black exhaust tips to match your wheels. They're a standard Audi option, and pretty cheap. I got mine off Fleabay for about £60

Nice motor looking at getting a grill from xenonz.co.uk they look cooler

cheers for the replies, definitely going to get the exhaust tips they do look a lot better and add to the rear of the car. Going to start off small and change all the lights to LED's, front window tints and look at getting the front sprayed as the chips are really bugging me at the moment! got to change the break pads this week and had a nail in my tyre so less money to spend on visual mods at the moment but will hopefully get round to doing quite a bit on it. there is so much you can do reading everything just not enough money/time!