1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F'ing Locking Nut!

Dan-1981 Mar 2, 2017

1. Dan-1981

Dan-1981 Active Member Team V6 TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Black Edition quattro

Evening All,

well This afternoon / Evening I have fitted 3 out f 4 spacers. The wheel nuts and locking nut were installed by He-Man! I had to use a rubber mallet to free some of them up!

I re placed them with the new wheel nuts and set them to 120Nm and will re set after 50 miles.

BUT

The last wheel (front driver side) the locking nut will not budge! I looked at my locking nut and I may have / or previous user may have canned it. not sure if the condition of the locking nut is the problem or my Stephen Hawkins arms.

unspecified-1.jpeg unspecified-1.jpeg unspecified.jpeg

Any ideas, I will just take it to the local garage / tyre place and get them to remove the locking nut then come home and finish it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. carlcall

carlcall Well-Known Member Team Brilliant Black VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

You may have to get a new key Dan, but I don't know if it's cheaper to buy a new set than it is just the key. For if/when you take them off.

Fingers crossed for you pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dan-1981

Dan-1981 Active Member Team V6 TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Black Edition quattro

Done, local guy used a lump hammer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

5. dimitar.tuntov.5

dimitar.tuntov.5 Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Supercharged Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic DSG

When i bought my B7 they look a bit **** to me so first think i done on my B7 was to change the locking nuts ... i don't know but sometimes the manifactures surprice me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk