1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding the right brake pads and discs

Jack Parsons Feb 16, 2018

1. Jack Parsons

Jack Parsons New Member

Hi all,

So I’ve just had my 13 plate black edition roadsters first major service at Audi price matched to £323.95 including brake fluid and pollen filter (seemed an okay price?)

Anyway they’ve flagged that my front brake pads and discs are low and need replacing which I declined from them due to the cost at £271.40 ex labour. I’ve found Brembo parts which I’ve been told are a great brand at a much lower price and have a mechanic friend to fit them. Before I order the parts though it seems there are different sizes and the onus is on me to know what’s what. I haven’t got a clue, do I need to get a tape measure out and remove the wheel to find out? I don’t want to order the wrong ones and waste a journey and hassle of a refund!

Never had this with parts on my old cars. Just stuck in the reg and away I went! [​IMG]

Any tips? [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Try our parts request system.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/support-tickets/open

4. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Build sticker brake disc size code.

5. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

If you speak to Audi explaining you have lost you serbice book with the 3 didit codes they should be able to supply you with a data sheet which should tell you size off discs at least .
    There is a post about these 3 digit codes and how to find out what they mean i think they a called PR codes but dont quote me