Finding the right brake pads and discs

Jack Parsons

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I’ve just had my 13 plate black edition roadsters first major service at Audi price matched to £323.95 including brake fluid and pollen filter (seemed an okay price?)

Anyway they’ve flagged that my front brake pads and discs are low and need replacing which I declined from them due to the cost at £271.40 ex labour. I’ve found Brembo parts which I’ve been told are a great brand at a much lower price and have a mechanic friend to fit them. Before I order the parts though it seems there are different sizes and the onus is on me to know what’s what. I haven’t got a clue, do I need to get a tape measure out and remove the wheel to find out? I don’t want to order the wrong ones and waste a journey and hassle of a refund!

Never had this with parts on my old cars. Just stuck in the reg and away I went!
yabb_cheesy.gif

Any tips?
yabb_smiley.gif

Hi all,

So I’ve just had my 13 plate black edition roadsters first major service at Audi price matched to £323.95 including brake fluid and pollen filter (seemed an okay price?)

Anyway they’ve flagged that my front brake pads and discs are low and need replacing which I declined from them due to the cost at £271.40 ex labour. I’ve found Brembo parts which I’ve been told are a great brand at a much lower price and have a mechanic friend to fit them. Before I order the parts though it seems there are different sizes and the onus is on me to know what’s what. I haven’t got a clue, do I need to get a tape measure out and remove the wheel to find out? I don’t want to order the wrong ones and waste a journey and hassle of a refund!

Never had this with parts on my old cars. Just stuck in the reg and away I went!
yabb_cheesy.gif

Any tips?
yabb_smiley.gif
Try our parts request system.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/support-tickets/open

Hi all,

yabb_cheesy.gif

Any tips?
yabb_smiley.gif
If you speak to Audi explaining you have lost you serbice book with the 3 didit codes they should be able to supply you with a data sheet which should tell you size off discs at least .
There is a post about these 3 digit codes and how to find out what they mean i think they a called PR codes but dont quote me