Finding my old car

craig32

Hi folks, I'm currently trying to find my old 3DR A3 2.0T Quattro special edition, I owned the car from new back in 2006 and I would like to know where it is now, reason being is that I'm looking for a daily driver and I would like to find out if the owner would be willing to sell.

I know a couple of the folk at my local dealership and I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping me out checking a few things but before I ask them, I'd like to know if anyone knows of a way I could trace the owner bar a dvla v888 form (which is definetly not meant for that purpose)

I've put the plate into the RAC site as well as a few others and they are all saying they have no data....does this mean it could be written off?

As I don't own the car and I don't think anyone on here has it, the number plate is SB06 RSU , it was an absolute cracker, S-line, full leather, parking sensors, xenons, bose, ipod connection, bluetooth, tints...

craig32

Could be good shout...its not yours is it?!

paddy

craig32

Had a try but no luck, must be on a private reg right enough.

I guess I'll have to ask my dealer nicely, it's not like I'm after the owner in a bad way but I suppose they have a right to their privacy.

nally

MPG the new BPH
possibly off road?

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
do you have any paperwork with the Vin number? as that could help the dealers

TDIQ

8L > 8P > 8V
Why not just go and buy another 2.0T Quattro with the required spec? I understand it was your car but who knows what the current owner has done to it, it's not really any different from buying a completely unknown car unless they've only had it a few weeks...

Chappy

Call me Dan!
I wish I could find my old Leon FR550 but as Aaron said, the current owner may not love it like you did.