Find out tonight if I get another Audi

In MY opinion, if I were to get another Jap car, it would DEFINETLY be a Skline R33/34 GTR. Once modded PROPERLY, they are breathtaking. Its such a ****** shame they are so expensive to run/modify. Sigh..............

Think I'd go for one of these as a street sleeper :ninja:..

Lexus_IS300Engine_Block_turbo.jpg

In MY opinion, if I were to get another Jap car, it would DEFINETLY be a Skline R33/34 GTR. Once modded PROPERLY, they are breathtaking. Its such a ****** shame they are so expensive to run/modify. Sigh..............

:iagree:
Now your talking, now thats a jap motor I would consider...
Aren't they quick enough as standard though? I've always thought they were the kings of jap performance ?

I still like the r32 gtr. Getting on a bit now but i still want one. Any gtr just sounds nice,especialy when its pulling like a train reving to 8k.

:iagree:
Now your talking, now thats a jap motor I would consider...
Aren't they quick enough as standard though? I've always thought they were the kings of jap performance ?

STi and a standerd liner the Sti would eat it. That asside, id still rather a R33 or R34 (dreaming) R32 are the nuts but i could not have 1 as a daily.
without googling i think a standerd r33 is 220 bhp.

i love liners but still cant get insurance (that im willing to pay for anyway) couple of years maybe! :)

EDIT: ok i googled...
R31
GTS Turbo - 2.0 L RB20DET DOHC I6, 180 hp (133 kW, 225 N m)
R32
GTS-t Type-M - 2.0 L RB20DET turbo I6, 212 hp (158 kW, 263 N m)
R33
ECR33 GTS25T - 2.5 L RB25DET DOHC turbo I6, 250 PS (184 kW, 294 N m)
R34 although was the GTT version.
GT-T - 2.5 L RB25DET NEO turbo I6, 280 hp (206 kW, 343 N m)

i was not far off! :)

What is a VF35? i know its a turbo but what is it comparable to?

Well some googling shows its similar in size to a TD04, and was fitted as standard to STI imprezas sometime in the '00's

People are swapping them out for TD05 20G's and the 20G is good for just shy of 400hp, so the 350hp figure seems to make sense to me.

TD05 come standerd on the eirly classics. V1 to 3 jdm imprezas. Vf35s are on the newage STI`s .

thats all im saying on the matter as i have no need to justify my sellf or my car to anyone. Theres always going to be somone that says otherwise so i will say no more for the sake of filling the forum up with anymore hand bag antics.

I know what i had and what it performed like. As for slateing my tuner (jolly green monster) google him and find 1 bit of dirt on him. My moneys on you cant!! Simples. now i will scoot off and use my telepathic powers to cook dinner from my sofa. :)

VF34 was standard IHI turbo that the original Jabba 1.8t 20v big turbo package was based on.
they melt at high boost and crap out bearing capsules when pushed.....

I loved my R33 GTR. It was ****** quick as standard, but not lightning. 280 bhp(a gentlemans agreement of Nissan Japan, no car was to leave the land of the rising sun with no more than 280bhp) @ 6800 rpm for a car that weighs 1540kg's (curb weight) is never going to be Quick quick....(4.9-5.00 0-100kph). Thing is about £5000 very wisely spent on high quality tuning hardware and a map and your in 500 bhp territory. The skylines chassis/suspension etc was actually designed to handle that sort of power. Thats what makes them so versatile (not to mention internals that can handle 600bhp before modifications needed). We all know how frustrating it is to have a 300 bhp + front wheel drive car that wasn't designed with racing in mind. Whhelspin central (believe me I know)!! The liners HICAS four wheel drive system handles that kind of power in its stride though (though I think, through experience, the quattro system is better). I had to buy a house and couldn't afford to keep both assets going. If I could have lived,slept,eaten,bathed etc in the liner it would have happened!! But unfortunately not, so bye bye went the liner(I'm starting to cry now)............:sob:

£5000 will get anything into 500bhp territory.....

can get it today if i want, but i cant drive it as i cant get it insured till monday. ******!!

Monday there will be an A3 sat outside me gaff! :) i will today... steal the tweeters from the passat!! muhahaha!!!

Alpine: you might say "theres always someone who will say otherwise" but imo all your doing is quoting wild power figures, with no backup, and when someone queries it with FACTS your sticking your head in the sand.

The fact that a VF35 will be flat out at 350hp is no secret. Its common knowledge, and if you post the question on any scooby forum, or google it you'll see that for yourself. It will flow somewhere between 425 and 460CFM at 18 psi. This is a fact, not made up crap.

The conversion between CFM and BHP is around 1.5 so 460cfm is around 310hp.

What your trying to say is that a turbo thats only physically capable of flowing 310hp, is making 420hp. Surely you can see why this doesnt add up mate? If the VF35 can make 420hp, why would people swap them out for hybrid "20G" turbos when they want 400hp?

I couldnt care what reputation the tuner has, they CANNOT extract 420hp from a VF35. Its impossible. Its like me saying i'm making 300hp from my k03 on the 1.8T. If they've told you they have, then they're lying.

Alpine: you might say "theres always someone who will say otherwise" but imo all your doing is quoting wild power figures, with no backup, and when someone queries it with FACTS your sticking your head in the sand.

The fact that a VF35 will be flat out at 350hp is no secret. Its common knowledge, and if you post the question on any scooby forum, or google it you'll see that for yourself. It will flow somewhere between 425 and 460CFM at 18 psi. This is a fact, not made up crap.

The conversion between CFM and BHP is around 1.5 so 460cfm is around 310hp.

What your trying to say is that a turbo thats only physically capable of flowing 310hp, is making 420hp. Surely you can see why this doesnt add up mate? If the VF35 can make 420hp, why would people swap them out for hybrid "20G" turbos when they want 400hp?

I couldnt care what reputation the tuner has, they CANNOT extract 420hp from a VF35. Its impossible. Its like me saying i'm making 300hp from my k03 on the 1.8T. If they've told you they have, then they're lying.

:shutup2:

berying head no... cant be ***** to proove my self to a numbers geek yes!

you bore me aragon your like another siena know it all! :blahblah1::blahblah1:

I've been on quite a few rolling road days with Subaru clubs and events where Subarus have turned up, and it's incredibly rare to see an Impreza that actually makes a genuine 400bhp, REGARDLESS of modifications/how many thousands thrown at them. The one or two I DID see that cracked the 400 could barely tickover and were stalling onto the rollers.

ok so im a lier!! what ever peoples... your pathetic! no personal thing to you dan but you have obviously not been to many rolling road day with scoobs. 400 is easy to get past with a scoob. the goal now days is 5 to 600bhp.

Sware you lot cant just let a man have a tool without knocking him and his toy.

you can all go fk yourself as far as im concerned. Mark im sorry to bring you into this, but his purple A4 shuld not of got the bhp it had with the inernals it had but it did. Some of you have a serious problem with other people and its a shame to see it plastered all over ASN. Stop reading the sh1t all over google and get into the real world!! all theis forum is nowdays is, "i know more than you" and "no way i want it written in gold to proove it" get your heads out of yours bums!! (this is aimed at the minority) What has this forum come to??

Last edited:
Marks old turbo (and his new one) was in theory capable of 270-280hp. It only made 246, because the injectors were too small and were running flat out. Ok in theory it should not have managed 246, more like 220-230, but its not that far off.

310 -> 420 is a much bigger leap.

I dont have a problem with you, or anyone else on this forum, i just dont agree with what your saying. I've also explained why i dont agree, and backed it up with facts.

you making numbers up geek boy. my car was 357 ATW... not 310. as i said before. think what you want i know what i had and i need not proove nothing to know 1, epecially not "i have a Audi i know everything bod like you"! (no offence fellow Audi owners)

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy mate! Lets get back on topic.......Tell us a bit about the new ride your getting buddy, and what plans you have for her!!:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy mate! Lets get back on topic.......Tell us a bit about the new ride your getting buddy, and what plans you have for her!!:yes:
Well unfortunately as that's the latest in what appears to be a pretty constant string of behavioural dropped-balls, ALPINE while not banned, will be unable to post from his account (until I can be ***** to switch it back on some time tomorrow/Monday most likely) - so we'll have to hope that taking delivery of his new motor calms him down a little, by which time the forum will be available for him to tell us all about it on.

As for how long it is before he's allowed to return his User Title, Location, and other aspects of his profile back to his preference, well, we'll see...

Rob.

Last edited: