Finance explained

Vins

Sepang S3
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some help in Laymans terms about PCP's and buying new or approved Audi's. I don't have the foggiest when it comes to finance and want to understand what is what.

My Mum is looking at an RSQ3. There's an approved one for 42k, 1000 miles - 10.9% APR.

Also been offered a new stock one for 47k - 5.8% APR.

It will be PCP over 4 years.

Not being good at maths and having no idea on finance - which is the better buy and why?

Await the obvious replies which I just can't see.......

I'm looking to get some help in Laymans terms about PCP's and buying new or approved Audi's. I don't have the foggiest when it comes to finance and want to understand what is what.

My Mum is looking at an RSQ3. There's an approved one for 42k, 1000 miles - 10.9% APR.

Also been offered a new stock one for 47k - 5.8% APR.

It will be PCP over 4 years.

Not being good at maths and having no idea on finance - which is the better buy and why?

Await the obvious replies which I just can't see.......
What are the monthly payments and deposits?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

My guess is the new one won't be far off that either.
All depends on the GFV of them. Given the APR is pretty much half the used I think your mum will walk out with a new car.

Also, if you go new, haggle haggle and haggle some more. I'd say aim for 10% off list. That seems to be pretty standard with new Audi's at the moment.

@Arcam 7k down and the used one is coming out at £530PM

No figure on the new yet
I would need to see both but in principle based on the info at hand I would agree with Scotty with the exception of the amount of discount you might expect, I would say 5% was nearer the mark, maybe 6%.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scottyg
Just saw this on broadspeed, use it as your bargaining tool - close to 44k brand new factory order - so about 11/12% available.

Had a play on a pcp calculator too, and made a few assumptions, but should be possible with a 7k deposit to get around £500 per month, assuming future value after 3 years is around 25k (punchy I know!)

http://www.pcpcal.co.uk/

If you want to have a play around yourself......

Reactions: Vins