Finally T28 conversion is done and working !!

Andy.B

Reaction score
Its finished (well sorta) and working.. after months of planning and custom one offs, xmas postage etc.. the car came back from Hayward and Scott with its one off DP and while it was there a one off oval tail pipe.

T28 is miles better than any K0 series turbo and thats only on 5 psi lol.. still running a bit rough but i have a few people that have offered one off engine management cheep, so will look into that soon. Just got to bed the turbo in and a few more oil changes then ill get the boost up :) Pix soon.

Good man, i look forward to pics etc

What i spent on mine i could have put a larger turbo in, but this is also my DD so cant risk not being able to go see my kids etc etc due to stupid amounts of downtime
Props to you my friend

docurley said:
Nice job, so is it on K03 mapping then?

Yeh for now it's a bit rough but i have checked it with a wideband and its running a bit rich but its not unsafe.

Got to decide which way ill jump with engine chipping or management :think:

Nice work, i do assume you have blocked up all of the breather pipes etc that used to go to the old airbox and the like? That will cause poor running etc etc

Cant decide what to do with the big breather pipe i have cut down it seems like a block breather, so was thinking of putting it into a catch can on the inner wing with a K&N mini filter on the can?? The rest of the pipes to the charcole canister have been left alone and the small pipe to the original turbo hose has been blocked.
Dunno if i should leave the old boost control valve plumbed in to the turbo/actuator.. i dont know if its that causing problems or should i just disconnect it and run the actuator to the inlet housing of the turbo?

looking cheeky Andy :D

I too have had to recently ruin the look of my a4 with a towbar :(

Thanks mate, think the towbar is coming off soon as im selling the ski... Wakeboarding is the sport of 2008 lol and just so happens my mate has just bought a V6 4.2l Glastron speed boat for it :)

What you using a towbar for these days?

Hopefully funds will be able to stretch to a Standalone ECU to make full use of the conversion...

Looking good, Andy. Will be keeping my beady eye out for your car in Chelmsford.

Siena you may know the answer to the questions above?? Should i use the old n75 valve for now or just unplug it and run the turbo inlet to the actuator? As im not sure how the management works with this unit? Is it needed by the ECU or not?

If using the stock Audi ECU, I'd keep the N75 valve, the ECU will go into limp mode otherwise.

Called you a few times, and left messages regarding the dash trims, but have had no replies from you.

?

Cool thanks will reconnect it then hope i got the plumbing of it right... long pipe goes to the turbo, then the short pipe goes to the actuator then the other one will go to atmo... is that correct?

Yeh i have had a few missed calls with no number, i was away last year for around 2 months and didnt have my phone on me. Got your voice mail but no number... Ill give you a call later once i have finished working. I have you number in a PM now so its all good. :rockwoot:

i'm looking at getting Autronics stand alone ecu on mine (anti lag, launch control etc etc), if you can find someone to convert a loom and map a luminition ecu, i have one sitting in a box at home off my bmw supercharged project.

WOW :icon_thumright: That is a very good job

macca said:
i'm looking at getting Autronics stand alone ecu on mine (anti lag, launch control etc etc), if you can find someone to convert a loom and map a luminition ecu, i have one sitting in a box at home off my bmw supercharged project.

Hmm sounds interesting i may have to look into it as Emerald now does plug and play ECU's for VAG cars now so all you need is a ECU and a loom adaptor.

Do you know if luminition supports Direct Coil Ignition systems?

Yes, Lumenition supports coil-on-plug.

My only concern with aftermarket management is that i will loose some of the dash functions or car functionallty?

I open the question up to all of you who may know, which is the most affordable management system that works well with the A4?

Megasquirt i have used before when i was doing fords, but not many mappers touch that system for some reason calling it cheep and old technology.

Nice one Siena, hmmm i may have to think about that... I will have to concider that i have never installed a propper ecu into a car before i'd be more confident if it were a Ford but Audi looks a little more complicated.

Markey said:
Looks almost factory :) nice one

Thanks :icon_thumright: i did try and use as much OEM equipment as i could but most of its is one offs or really modified audi stuff.

Intotal the whole conversion cost me as much as a Recon K03 so im happy :)

if you want something that will have wide support for mapping i would suggest motec. price wise it is a lot more. but so many people use it that it has a wide support for mapping. emerald sound like the best plan if they already doa lot of VAG stuff. when i had lumenition i lost some dash functionality, rev counter, service lights, temp gauge. but there are ways round this and i think some more modern ecu's are built to integrate with road cars more. with the audi i'm not sure what stuff actually gets feed from the engine ecu and what gets supplied by the central electrics.

Lookin good fella, my GT28rs should be here shortly, I've heard emerald ECU's are good been looking into this for my work getting done at the end of the year

i'd pick the mapper then see what they use, it's i'd say 50/50 between what the hardware can do vs the how good the mapping is. mapping just on a rolling road for instance isn't a realistic way of mapping a car if a map sensor is used without an air flow meter. as a rolling road can't 100% accurattly to my knowledge replicate real life driving.

You A4 owners seem so much more adventurous with your bodykits/colour schemes than us S3 chaps.

These are brilliant.
newsiga4.gif

I love the orange:
13022008318N.jpg

I see.... The orange looks very sharp.

Nice A4 btw docurley. :icon_thumright: Very tastefully done. The silver with black wheels contrast works really well on your car.