Finally some better MPG.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
It would appear that replacing both Lambda sensors on my old bus yesterday has resulted in some long overdue improved MPG.
The pre cat sensor has been mis - behaving for some time but it has been a sporadic problem , no error from the post cat , but for some time now my MPG has been very poor despite replacing the MAF sensor aswell.
Based on my previous mpg and fuel range , the improvement today is very noticible .

For a fair while I had been running at around the 20mpg around town and 28mpg cruising and allways putting juice in it, now doing the same runs in the same way its 29mpg and 38mpg .
Now these are never going to be total accurate but compared to previous figures under the same conditions it does make things more user friendly, I used to watch my fuel gauge drop I was driving , not now .
Happy days again.

Reactions: Sidrick and JohnVZ
Can you share links for the O2 sensors you bought?
That's awesome news man.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

It would appear that replacing both Lambda sensors on my old bus yesterday has resulted in some long overdue improved MPG.
The pre cat sensor has been mis - behaving for some time but it has been a sporadic problem , no error from the post cat , but for some time now my MPG has been very poor despite replacing the MAF sensor aswell.
Based on my previous mpg and fuel range , the improvement today is very noticible .

For a fair while I had been running at around the 20mpg around town and 28mpg cruising and allways putting juice in it, now doing the same runs in the same way its 29mpg and 38mpg .
Now these are never going to be total accurate but compared to previous figures under the same conditions it does make things more user friendly, I used to watch my fuel gauge drop I was driving , not now .
Happy days again.

That makes sense. When I scanned mine the pre cat sensor threw up a fault and it was the wires shorting out. Once that was sorted the fault never came back. Before the car would be smoking a bit and running a tad rough.
I guess it over fuels as a precaution if the sensor throws up a fault?

Running very well at present and haven't been into a petrol station for days now, before it was a regular occurrence.