Q7 Finally she’s arrived!

SunnyJim

Reaction score
F12806BC 53CB 46F5 BA85 A53E3E1F4F96
Hi all. Hope you’re all keeping well.

I have just joined the forum/family, as I have finally received the delivery of my 2014 Q7! The deal had been done prior to Covid lockdown came into place, so it’s been a long wait.

As a first time 4x4 owner, I can definitely say I am more than pleased with going for the Q7 over the X5 or XC90.

I have only owned it a week, so there is a lot for me to discover with the car. I did have a few questions for you guys if possible.

The only thing letting the external image down, is the colour of the fog lights, which I can only describe as “vanilla soft scoop”!
They really do look rubbish compared with the rest.

I was wondering if anyone had upgraded these to get them as close as possible to the xenon? Doing some research, I believe it is a H11 bulb? Read lots on people changing to LED and getting errors etc. Sticking to Halogen, I believe the closest would be something like the Philips Diamond Vision bulbs?

Has anyone fit any advice on this? Many thanks in advance.

View attachment 202661 Hi all. Hope you’re all keeping well.

I have just joined the forum/family, as I have finally received the delivery of my 2014 Q7! The deal had been done prior to Covid lockdown came into place, so it’s been a long wait.

As a first time 4x4 owner, I can definitely say I am more than pleased with going for the Q7 over the X5 or XC90.

I have only owned it a week, so there is a lot for me to discover with the car. I did have a few questions for you guys if possible.

The only thing letting the external image down, is the colour of the fog lights, which I can only describe as “vanilla soft scoop”!
They really do look rubbish compared with the rest.

I was wondering if anyone had upgraded these to get them as close as possible to the xenon? Doing some research, I believe it is a H11 bulb? Read lots on people changing to LED and getting errors etc. Sticking to Halogen, I believe the closest would be something like the Philips Diamond Vision bulbs?

Has anyone fit any advice on this? Many thanks in advance.
Bit of an update for you guys. I have done some more reading on the forum since last night, and found that @t8ups is the man for all the info and products regarding the lighting. I have as a result ordered some bulbs from his website, and looking forward to installing them. I will do a Before/After shot too.

Take care guys, have a good weekend :)

Reactions: paul wev
My car had L.E.D bulbs in the cockpit from the factory etc BUT the glove box & boot had the older crappy ''yellow'' style bulbs. Quick search on the net & quick look on ebay & found the correct L.E.D ones. Purchased & fitted & now the whole boot interior matches the rest of the cabin. They were cheap as well so worth it.