Facelift Finally... ordered!

G

Gordo77

So... a few weeks ago I asked for opinions on whether to stick with the 2.0 TDI engine or consider the 1.4 COD for a facelift A3 in S-Line trim. After lengthy negotiations with the dealer this afternoon, I've gone ahead and ordered an S3 :D

Exact spec is:

Navarra blue, 3 door, manual
Light design matt brushed aluminium trim
Technology Pack Advanced
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Advanced key
Privacy glass
Parking system plus
Bang + Olufsen sound system
Hill hold assist

I've got a week 38 build slot and estimated delivery date is around 15th October.

I reckon it will be a nice change away from diesel and front-wheel drive, so really looking forward to it. :)

This forum is a great mine of information, and a few people on here have been hugely helpful, so thank you to everyone! :D In the meantime I look forward to reading about everyone else's S3 and facelift cars and also the Tech Pack Advanced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pburv, Scottyg, S32B and 8 others
Great choice and congratulations.

I should have mine towards the end of next week, same sort of spec so should be able to give you a run down on what I think of the tech :readit:

Reactions: Gordo77
That's a lovely spec. You won't be disappointed with the S3. Looking forward to the collection pics.

Nice spec and colour Gordo, now the wait begins. :)

Nice choice! Nice spec too. I was going to go for that colour also but my sister talked me into Daytona! Why oh why did I take her to the showroom with me :O

Sounds lovely, I'm starting to think I should have specced VC, but I'm not changing my order for a 4th time in two weeks!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Gordo77
Thanks everyone!

Sounds lovely, I'm starting to think I should have specced VC, but I'm not changing my order for a 4th time in two weeks!

I have the VC on the TT, and felt it would be a step backwards not going for it. Also, on the S3 you can get the single rev counter view. It does give more flexibility with the addition of the centre screen, and you can decide what you have in front of you and what you have on the centre screen, like Sat Nav, phone contacts, Apple CarPlay, media...

Reactions: Rob2k68
So... a few weeks ago I asked for opinions on whether to stick with the 2.0 TDI engine or consider the 1.4 COD for a facelift A3 in S-Line trim. After lengthy negotiations with the dealer this afternoon, I've gone ahead and ordered an S3 :D

Exact spec is:

Technology Pack Advanced
Advanced key
Privacy glass
Parking system plus
Hill hold assist

I've got a week 38 build slot and estimated delivery date is around 15th October.

I reckon it will be a nice change away from diesel and front-wheel drive, so really looking forward to it. :)

This forum is a great mine of information, and a few people on here have been hugely helpful, so thank you to everyone! :D In the meantime I look forward to reading about everyone else's S3 and facelift cars and also the Tech Pack Advanced.

HI Gordo did you use orange wheels? to get a price 1st?

HI Gordo did you use orange wheels? to get a price 1st?

Hi, I used CarWow and took the 5 quotes into the dealers. 2 CarWow dealers offered the highest level of discount which was about 12.2% Just checked my order form, and the discount is included before VAT gets added on, so it works out at 14.8%

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Yaay. Nice choice. Great car and a rather fine discount too. I'm sure you will love the S3. It's an absurdly capable car for the money; turns a drive into an occasion and a good B road into a theme park.

Reactions: Scottyg, Sandra and Gordo77
A great spec so nice choice. The time will fly by i'm sure.

Exact spec is:

Technology Pack Advanced
Advanced key
Privacy glass
Parking system plus
Hill hold assist

I'm in the states. Mine has the same build week as yours with the following options:

Prestige Package
Navarra Blue Pearl
Dynamic Package
S Sport Seats
Red Brake Calipers.

Out of interest, what made you go for the light alu trim inside? I couldn't see any difference from the configurator...

Out of interest, what made you go for the light alu trim inside? I couldn't see any difference from the configurator...

The sales chap asked that yesterday!... it basically gives you LED lights underneath the trim, which I think will look great with the rest of the interior LED lights:

Capture

Reactions: rasA4 and allanmb
What model of TT did you have? As for your options very respectable indeed except for folding door mirrors a must, also them blue inlays are classy looking and adds a bit of colour into a rather dark interior

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Gordo77
What model of TT did you have? As for your options very respectable indeed except for folding door mirrors a must, also them blue inlays are classy looking and adds a bit of colour into a rather dark interior

Cheers Jassy... TDI Ultra S-Line... so the S3 is pretty much the polar opposite! :D TT is only 14 months old, but had a few "issues" with it, and generally left feeling a bit under-whelmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
So what made you go manual then? :p

!... it basically gives you LED lights underneath the trim, which I think will look great with the rest of the interior LED lights:

View attachment 99538
Looking forward to seeing them, without going out to look I can't think of where the silver trim is on the dash lol.

also them blue inlays are classy looking and adds a bit of colour into a rather dark interior
You on about the LED lights or something else?

So @Gordo77 you ask about the 1.4 COD and the TDI and you end up with a S3??? Talk me through it. :grinning:

Enjoy the car when it arrives.

Reactions: pburv, Gordo77, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
So what made you go manual then? :p

Looking forward to seeing them, without going out to look I can't think of where the silver trim is on the dash lol.

You on about the LED lights or something else?

No the actual door and dashboard inlays....they have contrasting structure/stripein them,not like the silver/pearl coloured ones in the older car

Cheers Jassy... TDI Ultra S-Line... so the S3 is pretty much the polar opposite! :D TT is only 14 months old, but had a few "issues" with it, and generally left feeling a bit under-whelmed.

Left you underwhelmed that's a pity Gordon,l have a soft spot the TT especially in cabriolet form,driven a 2-0 TDI 180 ultra-s-Line on several occasions,l think its ****** awesome mate...lol....a change is as good as a rest mate onwards and upwards....as they say

Reactions: pburv, Gordo77 and Rob2k68
Also Whilst we are here...Maybe all the facelift/botox guys/girls should start there own, Botox car finally ordered.. thread...lol far more specific

No the actual door and dashboard inlays....they have contrasting structure/stripein them,not like the silver/pearl coloured ones in the older car
Oh is it a standard thing then? I thought you were referring to one of his options.

@Sandra I see you have a s tronic user group, but no MANual user group!!! ;);)

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Gordo77
So @Gordo77 you ask about the 1.4 COD and the TDI and you end up with a S3??? Talk me through it. :grinning:

Enjoy the car when it arrives.

Thank you!

Well, what can I say... it was this forum! I'm starting therapy on Monday. :D

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Left you underwhelmed that's a pity Gordon,l have a soft spot the TT especially in cabriolet form,driven a 2-0 TDI 180 ultra-s-Line on several occasions,l think its ****** awesome mate...lol....a change is as good as a rest mate onwards and upwards....as they say

On the slightest of damp roads, the front wheel drive TDI can struggle to get traction down with all that torque. You've hit the nail on the head... Onwards, upwards and change! :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Jassyo06
Oh is it a standard thing then? I thought you were referring to one of his options.

@Sandra I see you have a s tronic user group, but no MANual user group!!! ;);)

Flipping Standard..come on S32B....you should know not to ask that when one mentions Audi...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
On the slightest of damp roads, the front wheel drive TDI can struggle to get traction down with all that torque. You've hit the nail on the head... Onwards, upwards and change! :)
Don't want to burst your bubble but I'm starting to get the same thing happen on my car......Not sure if I have an issue with the haldex??

Don't want to burst your bubble but I'm starting to get the same thing happen on my car......Not sure if I have an issue with the haldex??

Same here mate but in the dry and in the first three gears!

Think they've tuned the software on the Haldex controller on the F/L for slightly more rear wheel bias.

Reactions: pburv

Think they've tuned the software on the Haldex controller on the F/L for slightly more rear wheel bias.

Must be both you Jim Hensons...lol cause av never had any issues...pulling away at all..l can actually feel myself getting pushed rather pulled..lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv

It never use to happen until I reached the mileage I'm on now 4,000 +..Not sure if it's anything to do with tread wear?
Having said that I don't rag the tyres on the fronts not intentionally anyway...:sadlike:

Must be both you Jim Hensons...lol cause av never had any issues...pulling away at all..l can actually feel myself getting pushed rather pulled..lol
Lol......You saying I'm a muppet??

Maybe a trip to the dealers then? Or driving lessons..lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Daytonapig and Jassyo06
Haldex fault finding;

Pull the fuse on the haldex system.
Drive it as normal.
If it doesn't immediately feel like somethings just broken, then something is probably already broken...

Haldex fault finding;

Pull the fuse on the haldex system.
Drive it as normal.
If it doesn't immediately feel like somethings just broken, then something is probably already broken...

Cheers .... will give it a go over the w/e.

Reactions: pburv