finally making progress with my exhaust tips.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well after many, many months of searching and various quotes to sort out my tips i have finally sorted them out and ordered a pair.
Its taken me a fair while to be honest as i was looking for something larger than my current spec eds 80mm black tip jobbies, but not as large as 100mm rocket launcher type tips around, i was going to go with rs4 oval style from magnaflow , but , at over £300 just to get a set of tips done it seemed a tad excessive even for me to justify that sort of money for tip, thats not far of half the cost of a full system.

Anyway, found these nice stainless steel 89 mm round tips on the interweb a few days ago and they tick all my boxes, they fit onto my existing 50mm diameter backbox outlets, the right overall lenght and that 89mm outlet diameter with a slash cut, and, they look factory fitment aswell , i was going to swap over the rear valance but i still prefer the original twin round version and these tips will fill them spot on.

They were £70 all in inc express delivery, so pretty reasonable all things considered, way less than £300 for the last set i was going to have fitted.
I will need to mig them on , no big issue with that either, they could be just clamped on but i prefer a better looking job than seeing pipe clamp.
So hopefully be dropping on the doorstep monday, and i'll get them on during the week, will stick a few pics when done.
rob
Tip3
Tip1
Tip2
Tip4

I was but after further discusions with them regarding tips only or full system the prices took a massive leap skywards and i do mean skywards, made other systems look a cheaper option, so went back to plan A, and when the times comes to replace the system due to wear & tear i'll go for a complete new system then.
I'm quite happy now to go with these tips now and fit them myself, i've another project that i'm working on at present that would be a better use of the funds.

Those are nice looking tips, I wish someone would make a splitter like that for the B7's

Look nice
Will it make your car sound anybetter..or is it just looks only

I was opting for a better look to be honest, a tad larger diameter tip do look better , my black spec eds are ok at 80mm but dont really do much to enhance the rear view hence the upgrade.
sound wise, a very good question, most say no change to sound, well not sound level anyway as they are just
tips, but , the diameter and style of a tip can make a difference to the type of sound exiting the pipe, some can sound a bit more tinny other a bit deeper, but its the overall look that i wish to enhance at present.

Well tips arrived 10.00 this morning , i was a little apprehensive before opening the box to be honest as i had purchased them blind and wasnt really sure what the quality was going to be like, I need'nt have worried about them , they are absolutely 1st class products, way better than the description and the website pics, i have seen a fair few other brands in the flesh and many were a let down quality wise, but these are even better than the magnaflow tips, and they were very good ,that i was planning on using a few weeks back.
Service was fantastic too, ordered them 9.00am friday morning and they were today monday without fail even allowing for the weekend ,and from cyprus too.
So if your're looking to replace your tips for something else, these are the guys to use, they have a range of tips that will cater for everyone , i can assure you that you won't be disapointed.
I've just ordered another set of similar tips but oval for my XK8 to replace the smaller tips on it.
They are so shinny and smooth, maybe too good to stick under a cars rear end, even temped get a third set just to make into desk pen & pencil holders.....
anyway pics as they are in box, hoping to get them changed over later in the week, and no they are not scratches on the tips , just the reflections of studding on my desk chair.
IMG 0430

Reactions: SDHA4SLine
What was the name of the company? I've been looking to replace the tips on my milltek for something less in your face.

2 options available here, first and the prefered method of attachment is weld-on as its a stronger fixing method if fitting a heavier tip also does look better than a clamp, 2nd method is to just clamp them on to your back box outlet, if going this route you will need either a staight coupling that fits over your exisiting OD pipework and then over your selected tip pipe, plenty of straight couplings to be had all over the place, most have clamps included.
Some seller will slit your tip to facilitate fititng over your back box outlet aswell, same applies really that you need to ensure you have worked out your OD sizes in advance to make sure it all fits together properly, it sounds harder than it really is to be honest, just require a bit of forward planning that way it will look spot on.
I am a reasonable welder so opted to mig weld mine on, so purchased a pair of 2" stainless steel straight couplings and have today welded them onto the tips and then polished them up with my polishing mops kit on the bench grinder, they look spot on now and match the tips nicely.
just need to lop of the old tips and get the pipe to the right lenght then weld the tips onto the pipework.
may do it on the car or may whip of each back box section and fit them that way to make sure they all fit spot on.

like i say, sounds like a lot of work , but in reality its not.
there is a 3rd option and thats to get them fitted for you, but you'll pay a bit abit more, choice is yours chap.
rob