Finally iv fallen in love with my s3 :)

Jkevs

Reaction score
Maybe a pointless post so feel free to remove if necessary,

I went for a spin in my s3 yesterday with a few friends to a very fun road fairly local to me, and I finally appreciate my s3, she handled so well and never skipped a beat, sung and danced through every corner. For a standard car I was very impressed :)

Here's a couple of pics...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375655528843713
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375655541804211

Plenty of grip compared to those frenchies you were rolling with.

Were they holding you up in the bends?

Wait until you mod it and see how much you can improve the handling!

Simply lowering the car transforms its performance IMO - add in ARB's, front bush kit and ALK, you will want to hit every corner as fast as you can!

Plenty of grip compared to those frenchies you were rolling with.

Were they holding you up in the bends?

I left them sitting at the start of the road :) the confidence it gave me to take corners was unbelievable, the 3 of us had so much fun it was unbelievable. I was mostly shocked at how it kept up/left them in the corners. 4x4 ftw!!

Wait until you mod it and see how much you can improve the handling!

Simply lowering the car transforms its performance IMO - add in ARB's, front bush kit and ALK, you will want to hit every corner as fast as you can!

I'm not touching it mate, I read that the coupling from the prop shaft to the rear diff is weak and can break with extra torque load :/ and I had a lower car previously and I'm loving this car at the standard height tbh, may fit arb's what's all?

I'm not touching it mate, I read that the coupling from the prop shaft to the rear diff is weak and can break with extra torque load :/ and I had a lower car previously and I'm loving this car at the standard height tbh, may fit arb's what's all?

Never heard of that one mate.....you'll find the majority of us on here that own S3's have them remapped and will keep remapping them. The only real problem caused by a remap is when you go past stage 2 where you need to start looking at new clutch, HPFP and Cold Air Intake. These aren't really problems caused as such. Its just something you have to do to get the best out of the car/remap.

Enjoy her by all means but if you like her standard then you'll be besotted with her after its been tweaked.

Reactions: PaulAr and S3Alex
^ agreed, atleast got for the stage 1 map, happy diffrence there :)

loved mine when i went on the test drive :/ lol That didnt put me in good means when i tryed to barter them down

If it is,I haven't discovered it yet.

I'd have thought with the torque mine deals with,it would uncover any weaknesses there.

The real weak point is the manual clutch.

Ok cheers guys, a lot for food for thought but I'm keeping to my guns and staying standard (for now :)) or at least until my bank balance recovers after buying and insuring the ****** thing lol

Just wondering, what's HPFP and ALK?

Ok cheers guys, a lot for food for thought but I'm keeping to my guns and staying standard (for now :)) or at least until my bank balance recovers after buying and insuring the ****** thing lol

I didn't last long with that idea.

With so much temptation here it's virtually impossible.

Reactions: Brodster, Boydie and batch
Did the idea last the trip home after buying it with the remapper waiting at your house :salute:

LOL....I actually lasted several months.

This was going to be the car that DIDN'T get chopped around,after some yrs of messing around with Cosworths,followed by a few yrs in the wilderness with other cars before going back to a turbo petrol car.

Anyway.....look at where that got me.

Reactions: voorhees
Reactions: Sevv and voorhees
Well I'm not going to be getting to your level with mine Alex, but I still got the bug reading up on here!

By the way mate and FYI OP, now my Stage 1 SHARK map is settling in the difference is impressive. So I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Brodster

Never heard that either and I've been on the forums now 10 years and owned my A3 and S3 for 7 years. My S3 is a 2007 and I have had it from 2009 when it had 16.5k on the clocks. Now has 77k and it is Revo Stage 2+ with 350bhp and more or less all main suspension mods done with no issues.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and S3Alex
Never heard that either and I've been on the forums now 10 years and owned my A3 and S3 for 7 years. My S3 is a 2007 and I have had it from 2009 when it had 16.5k on the clocks. Now has 77k and it is Revo Stage 2+ with 350bhp and more or less all main suspension mods done with no issues.

The only time I've heard of propshaft or front drive shaft problems is a few of our more enthusiastic members on VAGOC going for the last few tenths in drag runs.

That's of course the perfect way to snap shafts or wreck a gearbox,but other than that,they're fine.

The only problem I have experienced with prop shafts was on my old 08 plate S3........something to do with the top hat section had come away........apparently it was a dodgy batch as the replacement one did the same.....:think: This was nothing to do with the torque as it was standard at the time and was replaced under warranty.

I didn't last long with that idea.

With so much temptation here it's virtually impossible.

I'm finding it hard already lol a mate of mine is buying a k1 and I'm dreading the day were on the same stretch of road incase it's faster :(

Nah man cupra r or k1 not as quick as s3, unless his gets mapped or ya going into bends :read

Jkevs - Our R&D department spend hours on the road, track and rolling roads during test and development before the software is released to the public so before the software is released to you, it’s already been tested and proven in house. What is important is a road test and inspection of the vehicle before it's flashed, all our dealers are capable of checking over your vehicle to see if there are any obvious issues that need addressing prior to Revo software being installed. The peak numbers you get on a rolling road are typically referred to as ‘Pub Talk’ numbers; who has the most power and torque! In reality the Peak numbers are largely irrelevant; it's the power/torque throughout the rev range and the power delivery that's important the peak number gives very little indication to how capable a vehicle is or how well it drives. Unfortunately there’s a lack of understanding in the industry and still a requirement to quote peak figures? When Revo and our dealers set vehicles up on the road, we are data logging and feeling how to car drives to get the most from it for you the driver, not just trying to chase a peak number.

Reactions: Brodster and turbonutz
Surely an s3 is better in bends than a k1? :/
The S3 is a fairly chunky car,and does understeer quite strongly,but the K1 is FWD,so will have it's own issues there.

I personally don't think there's much in it on that point.

An S3 will get the power down much better on wet or greasy roads though.

Remapped stage 1 K1 definitely feels a tad quicker than my stage 1 S3 but there is a bit of a weight difference between the two.

In the dry it would be an interesting race but in the wet/damp or greasy roads (not advocating racing in torrential rain lol) then it would be a different story.

The one thing I never did with my K1 is get it dyno'd, wish I had, just to see what it was putting out.