Finally Here

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
Well i 'm glad to say i'm back in the VAG community:cool:

Had a few prevoius VAG cars including Audi TT 225, MK4 Golf GTI ( PD 150 ) and a A3 2.0TDI DSG. Allthough good in obvious areas, non of them 'involved' me enough on a good back road. Hence i decided to down size to a MINI. First was a supercharged MK1 and recently a MK2 Works with a heavy option list. Now need more space and a better / more compliant ride on our lovely smooth blacktop...............not. Test drove the S3 5 months ago and was surprisingly impressed. Not as 'darty' as the MINI but a tad faster and far better braked and sooooo much better riding. So a great compromise for my needs. Only one problem, the standard alloys look rank, so 19" BBS it is then:p

So here are a few pics. Better ones to follow over next couple of weeks once i've had it properly detailed and i can drive it somewhere with a better backdrop.

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01148.jpg
DSC01149.jpg

Yeah awesome wheels and buckets!

10 plates not allowed on the road until tomorrow? Can you drive yours yet?

looks great but its crying out to be lowered. Wheels look awesome

Hey Si, thanks. I'm not a fan of the lowered look, just like a nice even all round wheel arch gap. Just come from a 'roller skate' and on the roads around town and speed humps i'm holding off. Also it's not been driven far after jacking up to change wheels, so i expect it'll drop a tad further. Looks better in flesh than the pics i admit.

Japper, one word about your car: FIT! :hubbahubba:

Car looks awesome - and fantastic choice of alloys. Recognise the breeze blocks in the background - is that Aberdildo?

Ooooohhhh what a sexy car!!!! Love it, just keep it clean now eh! lol mmmmmhhhhhh.

Thanks, keeping it clean is the hard bit, though the alloys already have more coats of Poorboys than i care to remember. Full protection detail on 13th.

Driving to work on a Monday morning will actually be exciting.

Who is doing your detail or you doing it yourself

Clark at Polished Bliss.

What tyre pressures you running Si ?. I've always run higher pressures at back on last few cars to promote more front end grip. With this being 4WD ( I know FWD mainly ) i'm think same back and front should be a good starting point...............currently sat at 35psi fr & Rr.

Clark at Polished Bliss.

What tyre pressures you running Si ?. I've always run higher pressures at back on last few cars to promote more front end grip. With this being 4WD ( I know FWD mainly ) i'm think same back and front should be a good starting point...............currently sat at 35psi fr & Rr.

To be honest i had the wheels fitted and took it to storage so not really had a chance to play with tyre pressures

deano670 what future problems with lowering all the cars ive owned have been lowered with no problems

Last edited:
Crackin' looking car Carl. Looked really smart on Saturday. I can't wait for tomorrow now.

Cheers for the heads up :laugh:

No worries, i was following his sales and noticed his feedback score is stiil 6. Doesn't give me any confidence as his previous feedback has been from purchases only.

Too right Si. There will be some very nice looking S3's in attendance.