Finally Got My S3!

Tell me more about this ambeint light kit, I love interior lighting and all that stuff. I have the red led's underneath the middle dash. Does the ambient light kit sit in where the interior lights are? pictures needed on this as well as price

It's £14 from Audi. Two little LED's that sit in the interior light panel. Takes 2 mins to fit, only hassle is drilling the 2 holes in the fascia.

It just lights up the gearstick area from above. Well worth the money and the (very) little effort.

Gentlemen,

I really want to do some more mods (performance), but don't have copious amounts of spare wedge at the moment due to an 8 day rugby tour in Vegas (I hate Blackjack!)...

What can I do for not much money, we're talking sub £200 here.

I've got my B5 3" TIP en route, but I wanna do more while the weather is nice, even if it's only buying little bits for the BT path I hope to follow.

Cheers all,

Ryan

Possibly a budget fmic for 200 notes? Maybe.
R32 rear anti roll bar and some powerflex goodies? Bar is around 90 quid, spend the rest on powerflex bushes to sharpen the car up

Finally got a pic on the DSLR:

IMG_2480.jpg

It rained shortly after, not impressed! lol...

Sweet Car's you have there, keep it up!

Black S3's YUMMY! :p

Looks awesome Ryan - think the blue interior really suits it.

Is it me, but does it look like the grill has stone chips in it?

Yea it does have stone chips in it. This is something you'll get with all chrome grills sprayed black. I'll do it again soon. Doesn't help having a 500m gravel driveway!

Fitted my B5 3" TIP this morning... Arms are cut and scratched to s**t!!!

After about 70 miles of driving, I can report back that it definitely helps with the air flow at high RPMs. My car used to bog down around 5k RPM, but now it pulls hard all the way to the redline!

Looking for a full 3" exhaust and downpipe now...

Sounds good Ryan. I'll have to come catch up with you again and see for myself the difference mate.

Got another new addition to the family fleet on Friday... Definitely haven't given it any beans yet... ;)

IMG00310-20110729-1755-1.jpg

Refitted the B5 TIP with a new 3" elbow... It's on perfect now, so I'm a happy man! I think the old elbow kept popping off due to the Neuspeed heatshield putting strain on the hole TIP.

Alright ryan, lovely looking S3 mate, think i'm gonna copy you witht he painted grill, but mines got the chromed mirrors from the factory so not too sure yet what to do..

anyways, what happens when you turn the key to crank- do you have all your igntion lights? do they go out when you crank the key on pos 3? sounds daft but are you sure your battery is ok?

if you have all your lights on the dash and battery is ok then the first thing i always try is putting a jump lead from the negative terminal on the battery to the engine block. that'll help eliminate the earth circuit for the alternator and starter motor

Phil

lol soz dint realise there was a page 2! Mines got chrome mirrors and they look sweet cheeky ****** lol, but to be honest I wouldnt of payed extra for them out of the factory.. As a cheap mod I would replace the standard plugs with NGK Iridium ones (NGK no. IFR6Q-G) If you havent already, I just fitted them to my AMK and its got rid of the flat spots I had...

Phil

Finally got my wheels on, 19x8.5 OZ Ultraleggeras with 245/35/19 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta rubber.

I'm running ET23 up front and ET13 on the rear. There's no rubbing on full lock, but I think there may be when it's lowered since it's pretty close now?!......

So here's a couple of pics of my current monster truck lol:

IMG00382-20110820-1129.jpg

IMG00384-20110820-1130.jpg

Just for those who want to know, here are the weights of the wheels:

Audi S3 Avus 17x7.5" alloy with 225/45/17 tyre: 20.8kg

OZ Ultraleggera 19x8.5" alloy with 245/35/19 tyre: 21.4kg

A 600g difference per wheel isn't that bad in my eyes!

Hey Ryan, Jabbasport are putting my standard springs back on this Friday, if you're still interested in the H&R's let me know, if not I'll chuck them on eBay next weekend. Looks like your car is getting some serious tlc

Finally got my wheels on, 19x8.5 OZ Ultraleggeras with 245/35/19 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta rubber.

I'm running ET23 up front and ET13 on the rear. There's no rubbing on full lock, but I think there may be when it's lowered since it's pretty close now?!......

So here's a couple of pics of my current monster truck lol:

IMG00382-20110820-1129.jpg

IMG00384-20110820-1130.jpg

Just for those who want to know, here are the weights of the wheels:

Audi S3 Avus 17x7.5" alloy with 225/45/17 tyre: 20.8kg

OZ Ultraleggera 19x8.5" alloy with 245/35/19 tyre: 21.4kg

A 600g difference per wheel isn't that bad in my eyes!
Nice Wheel choice,:whistle2: were the 19s expensive?

They're £400 a wheel (without tyre) new, but I bought them for considerably less, second hand that is... However, they're like new and the tyres have 6mm on all of them, so dead pleased.

Now gotta think about buying Alex's -25mm H&R springs or going for coililes?...

I need some camber adjustable tie bars too!

Tidy looking car mate,I am new to audis and this forum so thought I'd comment on a few threads and try and make a few friends.I have a black s3 myself and I totally agree with your roundabout comments.I'm sure my s3 would run rings round my mate chavtastic scooby.

Good choice of wheel Ryan, it was a toss of a coin between them and BBS CH's when i got mine. Defo needs lowering though mate. Its gonna look great once its lowered.

Treated the car to some TLC today, here are some pics after my first time using AutoGlym's SRP. Very pleased with the final results, and the fact it was all done by hand.....

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

Need to get a rotary polisher and some 'proper' cutting compounds to take all the imperfections out, but I'm happy for now!

Cheers for looking,

Ryan

Haha, no, it's my everyday home, not quite a castle, an old abbey to be precise...

Seeing these pics makes me realise how badly I need to get it lowered!

Lovely manor Ryan. Is your bedroom in its own wing!

Yea, well kinda. We've got our out house which is attached but internally separate. It's great but not so great with the in-laws only a stones throw away....

Olllld thread!

Thought I'd update this one rather than start a new... Car is getting its KW coilies fitted on Monday, so tucked up in my garages awaiting major surgery. Haha...

In the meantime I'm split between robbing the in-laws new toy whilst he's on hols and tootling around in the DD which has just had a clean...

Tough choice ;)

bf5a94c8.jpg

or

IMG-20120713-00082.jpg

Anyhows, pics will be up Monday of the S3 hopefully looking 'sick' and 'slammed', but in all honesty, I'll probably only get it dropped 20mm or so. British roads do not suit low-*** cars!

Reactions: ChaddyA3
Dropped the car off at Jabbasport today, getting the dog bone mount done at the same time and my new tyres fitted to the S3 and 135i (thank God for the G55!)

IMG-20120716-00100.jpg

The KW coilies haven't arrived from Germany yet, but should be here tomorrow and I'm picking the car up on Wednesday.

I'm getting the KW v2 adjustable tie-rods fitted too, any camber settings advised?

Ryan, do me a favour please, take a pic of all your cars in a line.. You have like a dream line up! S3 being top of that list of course!!

Heard bad things about the KW tie bars ryan, few threads I read they were prone to snapping not sure if that's the v2 or v1 though.

Heard bad things about the KW tie bars ryan, few threads I read they were prone to snapping not sure if that's the v2 or v1 though.

KW redesigned their tie bars. Spoke to Damien from DPM today and he assured me that the v2s are much better built and he hasn't had one fail on him yet! He sells as many KW bars as Forge now, so they must be decent!

The BM is definitely FTW since the SLR is a lefty and has FARRRR too much power for these wet July roads ;)

BM for the win :)
youuuuu scumbag. get out!

ryan, i hope you dont mind me asking this, but i do find it interesting and i like to admire, but what exactly do your in-laws do??

on a more car related note, you like those vredestein sesantas then? i've been in an s3 with a set and they felt pretty good from the passenger seat.
as for geometry settings.
F: as much camber you can get either side (typically about 1.5 without modifications) with 0 toe (parallel), a tiny bit of toe out if you drive like a mad man and want it to feel lively (0.02 ish)
R: 1 degree camber. 0 toe or as close as possible.
they are the basics really, should make for a sporty but stable feeling car that wont eat tyres.

We own and run the largest privately owned holiday and park home company in the UK: Park Homes | Lodge, Residential & Holiday Parks | Lifestyle Living UK ;)
My FIL isn't as car mad as he used to be, but he still owns a pretty nice collection. The G55 is the MIL's but we're PXing it in for a new G63. The 'fleet' cars are used by us all though (great for me), but the only 2 I actually own are the 135i and the S3.

The 135i may be going later this year for a new Range since we're planning on starting a family...

I definitely rate the Vredestein's, great in the wet and over standing water and seem to just suit the S3?!... I had Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on the standard wheels and would say the Vred's are a better tyre at £30 less a corner!

If your planning on getting a range then all I can say it just hang on a little until mid/late August ;)