Finally got me some S4 Avus Reps

Don't wish to hijack the thread but I have a set of these reps. but with no centre caps. Anyone got any or know where they might be found? I know it's a long shot but you never know.

Don't wish to hijack the thread but I have a set of these reps. but with no centre caps. Anyone got any or know where they might be found? I know it's a long shot but you never know.

I think I've hijacked the original thread enough anyway to be fair!

I don't know if any other centre caps will fit, like the S3 caps. Also have you checked with the stealers, they may not be as expensive as you think.

Just buy them from Audi, with the reps you need to trim them down but they do fit well.

yup, I decided yonks ago that the centre caps on the reps looked gay, so bought some genuine ones from audi and set about modifying them to fit :)

10 mins with a stanley knife on each cap will get the genuine audi centre caps fitting the replica wheels perfectly :p

I bought the car from a dealer with the reps fitted (didn't know they weren't originals) and discovered two of the caps were held on with double sided tape some time after. Now have original 17's but would like the 18's back on. My reps are double drilled and didn't think oems would fit but I'll try the dealer. Thanks for info

should of got some reps, I dont like the idea of running adapters personally.

Same here with the centre caps, bought new ones for £16 each, grinded them a bit and they are lurvely.

should of got some reps, I dont like the idea of running adapters personally.

Same here with the centre caps, bought new ones for £16 each, grinded them a bit and they are lurvely.

I would have preferred reps mate but couldn't find any at a decent price. Best quote I got for new wheels by themselves was £700! I've just picked up 4 genuine S4 wheels with 4 conti sport tyres with 6mm on them for less than that.

I'm not too worried about the adapters. They've been tried and tested and there are a lot of boys over on the golf MKIV site that run them without issues. My plan is to have 17s with slicks on for track days anyway and they will bolt directly to the hub.

Get some pics up then dude!

Unfortunately I won't get the wheels fitted till next month :-(

I need to fit my adjustable tie bars, and get my CV boot replaced before I can get a 4 wheel alignment then I'll get the wheels on. I don't want to ruin the tyres on the s4s as my current wheels have uneven wear from my suspension change.

Makes sense, I needed new tyres last year but I had to wait until I changed my bushes and had it all aligned before forking out for new rubber!

Guys,

I'm still waiting on Awesome for them to get the adapters in stock but in the mean time i've started to worry about the offset sizes!

After reading a few threads and hearing other peoples experiences I'm worried that my wheels might rub on the arches.

The wheels are 18" ET45 running 235/40 tyres. The adapters i'm getting are 20mm for the front and 25mm for the rear changing the offsets to ET25 front and ET20 rear.

Can any of you wheel experts comment on whether you think this will cause any issues?

Thanks.

Have you PM'd prawn, or is he running reps? And if he is, what about the couple of other who are running these wheels on the 8L?

haha, reps or gen makes no difference, ALL that matters is width and offset.

Mine are 8J wide, and I run ET25F and ET20R with 215 tyres on my A3 and it's fine.

I think those same offsets will be MORE than ok in the larger S3 arches, even with the 235 tyres. the S3 arches are a good 15-20mm wider arn't they?

really Neil, I think you'll be fine

I, like Westle, am crap with wheel offsets etc... If the wheels are ET45 , 8J and have 235 tyres on them, would 20mm front and 25mm rears leave me with the same numbers as you Prawn?

Last edited:
Guys,

I'm still waiting on Awesome for them to get the adapters in stock but in the mean time i've started to worry about the offset sizes!

After reading a few threads and hearing other peoples experiences I'm worried that my wheels might rub on the arches.

The wheels are 18" ET45 running 235/40 tyres. The adapters i'm getting are 20mm for the front and 25mm for the rear changing the offsets to ET25 front and ET20 rear.

Can any of you wheel experts comment on whether you think this will cause any issues?

Thanks.

If I've got this right the standard S3 rim is 7.5 inch wide with an offset of ET32 which means the face of the wheel sits 63.25mm from the face of the hub, this is based on ET being the distance from the centre of the rim to the mounting face of the rim in mm so rim is 7.5 inch wide so 7.5 in mm is 190.5 divided by 2 = 95.25. 92.25-32 = 63.25

S4 rim is 8 inch wide ET 45, 4 inch = 101.6mm 101.6-25 = 76.6 or 101.6-20 = 81.6 so your new rims will either sit 18.35mm (ET20 81.6-63.25) or 13.35mm (ET25 76.6-63.25) further out than standard S3 rims. An ET38 (7mm adapters) would put the S4rims at the same offset as the S3 rims (101.6-63.25= 38.35)

Your maths looks right to me.

To sum up, the spacers you're looking at, will give roughly the same protrusion as standard S3 rims with 20mm rear spacers and 15mm fronts, which I believe is what most people choose to run!

happy days. it'll look grand.