Finally got a date!

Blessed_Badger

Reaction score
At last, I have a date for collection! Excited isn’t even close.

I’ve been in my BMW 435D M-Sport for nearly 3 years now (before that I had two A5s - both 3.0TDI, S-Line then Black Edition) and I can’t wait to get out.

Loved both my previous A5s but never really had the same relationship with the BMW that I had with the Audi’s. I’ve no idea why, the engine is probably better than the Audi’s 3L diesel, I love the Estoril Blue colour and the tech’s good (although the interior is quite dated now) - but I just never had that feeling I got when I looked at my A5s and felt that they were special cars!

Been desperate to change for over a year and a half, but due to horrific negative equity have been stuck until now to change. Got 26% off the BMW (£52k list for just over £38k) yet despite this it’s been between £2k-£4k under what I owe for the whole time - I’m eventually voluntarily terminating at month 34 of 36! By comparison, my first A5 had nearly £2k equity in it when I traded it in after 2 years and my second £1.5k after about the same time.

I put the order in for the new car at the end of August (as there was talk of 3-6 month delays with certain cars at that point) and he very kindly said if it arrived early they’d store it until March - it arrived in the UK in the first week of December!

Anyway, my soon to be car is an S5 Coupe in Mythos Black with Magma red interior (will share pictures as soon as I can, as I realise that is law on these forums). Got a few options (Light and Vision, Sound and Comfort, Flat Bottom Wheel, Red Callipers, Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, Damper Control and Carbon Inlays) and quite a nice 16% off thanks to CarWow. I’m putting a fair deposit in (I’ve saved a little during my time with the BMW) to keep the monthlies nice and low as I have a feeling my fuel budget might need to increase!!

March 2nd - 4 o’clock, can’t come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At last, I have a date for collection! Excited isn’t even close.

I’ve been in my BMW 435D M-Sport for nearly 3 years now (before that I had two A5s - both 3.0TDI, S-Line then Black Edition) and I can’t wait to get out.

Loved both my previous A5s but never really had the same relationship with the BMW that I had with the Audi’s. I’ve no idea why, the engine is probably better than the Audi’s 3L diesel, I love the Estoril Blue colour and the tech’s good (although the interior is quite dated now) - but I just never had that feeling I got when I looked at my A5s and felt that they were special cars!

Been desperate to change for over a year and a half, but due to horrific negative equity have been stuck until now to change. Got 26% off the BMW (£52k list for just over £38k) yet despite this it’s been between £2k-£4k under what I owe for the whole time - I’m eventually voluntarily terminating at month 34 of 36! By comparison, my first A5 had nearly £2k equity in it when I traded it in after 2 years and my second £1.5k after about the same time.

I put the order in for the new car at the end of August (as there was talk of 3-6 month delays with certain cars at that point) and he very kindly said if it arrived early they’d store it until March - it arrived in the UK in the first week of December!

Anyway, my soon to be car is an S5 Coupe in Mythos Black with Magma red interior (will share pictures as soon as I can, as I realise that is law on these forums). Got a few options (Light and Vision, Sound and Comfort, Flat Bottom Wheel, Red Callipers, Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, Damper Control and Carbon Inlays) and quite a nice 16% off thanks to CarWow. I’m putting a fair deposit in (I’ve saved a little during my time with the BMW) to keep the monthlies nice and low as I have a feeling my fuel budget might need to increase!!

March 2nd - 4 o’clock, can’t come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Welcome mate! I just changed my 4 series M Sport to a new S4 and I love it. I know what you mean about not really getting that feeling from the 4 series. I thought it looked great but the drive never really blew me away. The handling was OK but I never felt confident in anything but dry weather and the whole driving was experience was underwhelming. Always thought the interior looked dated especially when Audi refreshed theirs. I had two Audi’s before that so I had a good platform to compare. I’m really pleased I’ve moved back though. I test drove an S5 and it’s great, you’ll love it!!