Finally found what i'm looking for... What do you guys think?

Nice colour mate but honestly that is well over priced.
The original purchaser clearly chose the audi exclusive interior which gave the two tone leather, non perforated gear stick and removal of s-line badge on steering wheel. An option of just over £1000 i think.
I know cus my car is exactly the same :eyebrows:
Have you checked how much the retrofitting of the xenons will cost you? I did and it scared me.......a lot! Sat Nav is also a must which would be another £600!
If I was you I would either:
a) Find a cheaper higher specced car and respray it. (Someone mentioned the job Pregnant N Proud did. Quality!)
b) Wait for another Sprint Blue A3 to come on the market and play one off the other.
c) Stay cool and just wait until he gets desperate. I cant see anyone buying that car for £14,500, especially in a recession. The cars not getting any younger or more valuable.

Whatever you decide, you'll love the car. Make sure you remap it!

Keep in mind you cannot use ANY xenon kit as it blows the wiper motor! (countless threads on this!) You have to buy the genuine audi xenons which will cost more than £1000 if new parts are used! even secondhand parts your looking at over £800! so consider this all before you make the move, in all honesty your not getting much for your money. Think about the resale value when it comes to it - thats gonna hurt.

I know a cars not an investment for increasing the value, but its nice to pay a premium over the colour when over 90% of the people are spec driven than colour driven. Id pay £10.5k for that car tops.

Keep in mind you cannot use ANY xenon kit as it blows the wiper motor! (countless threads on this!) You have to buy the genuine audi xenons which will cost more than £1000 if new parts are used! even secondhand parts your looking at over £800! so consider this all before you make the move, in all honesty your not getting much for your money. Think about the resale value when it comes to it - thats gonna hurt.

I know a cars not an investment for increasing the value, but its nice to pay a premium over the colour when over 90% of the people are spec driven than colour driven. Id pay £10.5k for that car tops.

£800???? Really?? I thought it would cost £500 maximum from second hand parts?

I wouldn't be looking to install these xenons:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Set-AUDI-A3-3...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5639c409d5

Rather, these style which are £500ish and come with ballasts:

http://cgi.ebay.de/2X-ORIGI-XENON-B...Item&pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item23066f573d

Nice colour mate but honestly that is well over priced.
The original purchaser clearly chose the audi exclusive interior which gave the two tone leather, non perforated gear stick and removal of s-line badge on steering wheel. An option of just over £1000 i think.
I know cus my car is exactly the same :eyebrows:
Have you checked how much the retrofitting of the xenons will cost you? I did and it scared me.......a lot! Sat Nav is also a must which would be another £600!
If I was you I would either:
a) Find a cheaper higher specced car and respray it. (Someone mentioned the job Pregnant N Proud did. Quality!)
b) Wait for another Sprint Blue A3 to come on the market and play one off the other.
c) Stay cool and just wait until he gets desperate. I cant see anyone buying that car for £14,500, especially in a recession. The cars not getting any younger or more valuable.

Whatever you decide, you'll love the car. Make sure you remap it!

In terms of price, i have been in contact with the owner and have managed to get the price down quite a lot after indicating some servicing and replacements (brake pads/dsics) that will need to be carried out. Let's just say, if i was to buy it, it would be very close to my original offer.

As mentioned before, Sat Nav isn't really an issue for me as i have a TomTom. I'm still shocked about the price of installing xenon headlights. Really didn't think it would cost near £1000. Can anyone confirm this? Have to admit, am really impressed with Pregnant N Proud's headlights :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just take note, you have to have headlights specifically for your country as there are lhd & rhd versions.

Seems a little pricey but as others have said it's your choice. You could probably find an S3 for a little more and similar mileage as those prices seemed to have dropped heavily.

In terms to this car, I like the seat but dislike the single din dash and the steering wheel. The owner looks like he has looked after it though so that looks good.

The decision is yours but by considering respray it does open your possibilities i.e. find the cheapest once with the most options. Some guys have done theirs and the results are very good.

I'm not the color is worth this price (or whatever it will be be after the work).

Good luck though. I detest making major decisions like these.

Ok so just a quick update and a question for you guys...

Providing the new log book arrives within the next couple of day (car originally had a private plate on), i will be meeting the seller and having a look at the car.

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give me some pointers for things to test/inspect/look out for etc..

Thank you.

Apart from the condition of the bodywork (paint), brake pads and discs and air con, is there anything else that i should look at?

Anything with the DSG??

Thanks

with regards to the body work specifficallly check the cills and door bottoms as they like to rust

So far:

condition of interior/dash
condition of bodywork
brake pads
brake discs
air con
cills
door bottoms for rust

Surely there must be more?

Obvious stuff like checking VIN against the V5 etc.
HPI check too, you should be able to see if its been in a smash but not if there are any HP/Finance irregularities.

Good luck
Paul

The new log book has finally arrived :happy: (car was originally on a private plate)

Will be going to look at this car Saturday afternoon.. Providing it's in good nick, have a funny feeling i'll be drving it home :happy:

So, any last recommendations? Any things in particular i can check out if the DSG is in good condition?

All comments welcome..

only thing i can think of is checking the cills and door bottoms for rust as its a common problem

failing that enjoy