Finally found what i'm looking for... What do you guys think?

nice car price is abit expensive but if its genuine its worth the money

Its really what it worth to you but that's a main dealer price but without the 1 year main dealer guarantee.

looks great in sprint blue but around £4k overpriced - i paid £11500 for mine, 06 plate with 43k from a main dealer 3-4 months ago

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I realise that there are A3's with less mileage and a lot newer, and may cost less, but the key thing i'm after is the Sprint Blue paintwork....

Comments appreciated.

i haggle over the price but if sprint blue is what you wont do it, id say the colour adds 2k value to it in my eyes

Waaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. You could get a normal one resprayed for less than that (including the car!).

Appreciate that's not the route to take, but I couldn't pay that much for that car. Bide your time and you will get that car cheaper once he realises it wont sell for that.

Lovely looking in sprint blue ;) but it looks like he is basing the price on the rarety of the colour on the Sline range but as mentioned, way over priced for a 170 derv!

Appreciate the feedback guys, keep them coming.

My budget was/is 12-13k for an A3 TDI in sprint blue. Did think about the respraying route, but it's not really ideal for me.

Decisions decisions.... :confused:

Realistically speaking, how much is a car with this spec actually worth in your eyes?

Last edited:
I paid £14,500 for my 2007(07) plate last year buddy, with only 22k on the clock

Lovely example though

Just tried to do a HPI on the car and the results said "There are no Vehicle Details for VRM RE56JYU"

Anyone know what this means?

Ringer!!!!

Not sure, was going to suggest it may have been running a personal plate but I doubt that will be the issue.

Worth a question to the owner me thinks.

Lots of nice colours in the A3 range. Ibis, Phantom, Lava, Dolphin, Akoya, Misano red looks nice too.
Choose one that is more sensibly priced and dont be blinkered by the colour, then in 12/18 Months buy a Sprint Blue S3!

You should get a nice one for 15K by then and wont pay a premium for the colour.

Cheers
Paul

Sorry Paul...just couldn't get passed the £15k bit.....:laugh:

Ok, so the car is actually on a private plate atm and HPI is all good. However....

I spoke to the guy and made him an offer of £13.5k, which i thought was pretty good?? Unfortunately it was declined and was advised that he wouldn't budge from £14.6k

So close, yet so far... :crying:

Still too pricey at 14.6K. As most guys are saying he's banking on the rarity of sprint blue on an s-line, looks nice but bide your time and you'll get one for a far better price I'm sure. Funnily enough i've seen 2 s-lines in sprint blue in the last month or so!!

But it is rare, thats just it!
Try & find another for sale in Sprint blue.
This car will always carry a rarity value.
DSG auto & sprint blue with leather, sounds like a very good news car to me.
Ignore all the comments of how much others think it is worth.
Its purely how much the car is worth to you.
To be fair i think the guy is right to hang out for top dollar, spec & colour is in his favour.
Something you always have to remember, you have to sell it one day.
If you did buy it, i can gaurantee that you wil get much much more at point of sale than a comparible car in silver, red, or whatever colour.
If it is what you want, then go for it. Its only money after all.
You will be one of the very few to drive an S line in that colour.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so the car is actually on a private plate atm and HPI is all good. However....

I spoke to the guy and made him an offer of £13.5k, which i thought was pretty good?? Unfortunately it was declined and was advised that he wouldn't budge from £14.6k

try and push for a full tank and a years roadtax at least get something outta it, personally i think youd regret not getting it if its something you want

Just noticed, no sunroof, xenons, parking sensors, satnav? - i'll bet the S3 leathers are the standard s-line leathers?

It's not specced up at all apart from the colour - you could get a proper spec car for £3k - £4k less, have it stripped to a bare shell and painted sprint blue

There's a thread on here where a yellow A3 was repainted white(ish) with the full S3 kit - now that looked nice

resprays are a large headache and are very costly on labour. sline sleats technically are better than std s3 ones as they are the same but have the embossing, parking sensors and sunroof dont float my boat at all id opt away from them though they wouldnt make or break a deal

If i'm being honest, a sunroof, parking sensors and satnav are not really attributes that are attractive to me. Infact, i'd definitely prefer not to have parking sensors. Xenons however would be nice and is something i would probably add on at a later date.

I had a closer look at the pics from this add, i can see that the seats are white in the middle and black on the outside. Does this suggest that they are S3 leathers or standard s-lines?

Agreed respraying may be a cheaper option, but it would be quite a bit of hassle for me.

Just found this, http://www.gumtree.com/london/86/57202486.html

If you really want it (and it sounds like you do!!) then go and have a look at it and meet the seller face to face. I am sure you could get him nearer £14k. I bet he needs £14.6k to clear the finance or bank loan.
He has priced it with the rare colour in mind and fair play to him as I would do the same!! That paint as an option would of been around £1.5k in 2006/7....

Have arranged to go look at this car in the next couple of days. Have managed to get hold of some pics of the interior.

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

:)

Agreed it does look in pretty good nick. If you can get a bit off then great but if it is the colour you want and you are happy with the spec then go for it. You will only kick yourself if you leave it a few weeks then phone him to offer full price to find he has sold it at asking price to someone else. Go for it!!

I thought 2006 models should all have a double din stereo?
Do you intend to keep it for a few years? trading it in a dealer would only give book price so you'd lose a fortune, you'd have to sell it privately and hope someone else would pay more for it bacause of the colour

I thought 2006 models should all have a double din stereo?
Do you intend to keep it for a few years? trading it in a dealer would only give book price so you'd lose a fortune, you'd have to sell it privately and hope someone else would pay more for it bacause of the colour

Yup, if i do get it, i plan on keeping it for at least 5 years. Obviously, i'd change one or two things e.g. get some xenons..

:iagree: its very nice but seems steep i have just paid £10600 for a 2006 a3 sport 140 38k on the clock. me mates just got a 170 s line on an 07 28k sport back 13500