Finally found out whats wrong with my S3!

miss_lucy

Its me Juicy - L8 JCY
Reaction score
I put on a thread about smoke coming from my Turbo and then another about a whining/whistling loud noise when the turbo kicks in.

Its the gasket between where the turbo and manifold meet (or could be the manifold)

or if not that then the Turbo casing has cracked

What do you guys think?

I'm going to get a new manifold even if it is just the gasket and uprate it considering the time it will take to change the gasket.

Its not that expensive for the part but apparently 7 - 8 hours labour which makes it expensive???

Thanks Luce

If you can find a good manifold for the S3 TSR do one BUT it £700+vat

As above, the most promising at the moment is the frakenturbo mani.

Labour is extensive as the head pretty much has to come off.

Do you have any videos of the noise?

As above, the most promising at the moment is the frakenturbo mani.

Labour is extensive as the head pretty much has to come off.

Do you have any videos of the noise?

No ill try do one later on when i finish work and upload tomorrow.
Ive found this one on ebay - Has 4days to go so its not on much but im sure will go up

Audi A3 S3 S/S Manifold | eBay

what do you think?

The gasket between my exhaust manifold and turbo failed too, sounded rubbish like a chuffing sound. Gasket was few quid, took a couple of hours to do, no big deal just a lots of little clips and pipes to remove. Total cost really was less than a fiver. No problems since and that was a about 2 years ago.

No ill try do one later on when i finish work and upload tomorrow.
Ive found this one on ebay - Has 4days to go so its not on much but im sure will go up

Audi A3 S3 S/S Manifold | eBay

what do you think?

Lucy that manifold will need a tweak hear and there to make it fit.....Not a straightforward fit

It's quite likely that manifold has split... As they do seem too. Mine has gone too but I think I'm just gona get it welded. But mine doesn't bother me as it seals up when it's got hot