Finally fitted the RNS-D ...

vfr800

Reaction score
I have had this sitting in the garage for a few years. I finally ordered the Kufatec cable and fitted it today :)

28437369152_0f8cfef662_c.jpg

Just got to code out the TMC and make sure the other settings are correct :)

Liam.

Reactions: ScottD3, feck_on_a_stick and VAG-Slag
By the way, get some stickers for your climate buttons, makes a world of difference.

Thanks.

I have thought about the stickers ... turns out I have a few issues to iron out first ...

RNS-D doesn't turn off / on with the ignition switch.
Backlight illumination isn't working.
Radio throws an error code in VCDS - about open circuit on front speaker.
Dash clocks complain they can't talk to the radio

Liam

That looks great. I've been looking at an RNS-E for the past while, but leaning more towards getting an RNS-D for ease and less hassle fitting. They're just harder to find :(

I recently fitted a bluetooth kit to my double din Symphony 2 and had the same issues you had (apart from VCDS which I hadn't checked). The issue was with the yellow plug that plugged in to the back of the unit. When I removed the stereo I must have overstretched the cable which had come lose in the back of the yellow plug.

Don't bother with the stick on buttons, get some singledin b5 a4 facelift buttons and swap them over to your double din a3 climate unit, I've done it to mine

Reactions: ScottD3
Thanks.

I have thought about the stickers ... turns out I have a few issues to iron out first ...

RNS-D doesn't turn off / on with the ignition switch.
Backlight illumination isn't working.
Radio throws an error code in VCDS - about open circuit on front speaker.
Dash clocks complain they can't talk to the radio

Liam
What did you have in there before?

If it was a symphony or later radio that used can bus for on off and illumination, you'll need to wire that up and use the TMC box for information on your cluster.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Did the rnsd ever drain your battery did you manage to get it to turn on and off with the ignition cheers

Attachments

• 20170927_110402.jpg
    20170927_110402.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 326
The syphony 2 uses the canbus to turn the stereo on and off but dissent seem to work in rnsd how can i get the rnsd to do it without the canbus I've read a few post about wiring the s kont up

S kont is wired up for RNSD
I had it fitted from factory to my car, just took it out recently and didn't need to wire up the S Kont for an aftermarket stereo.