Finally finally bought an S3

Woob

Reaction score
Since need for speed underground 2 came out, I've wanted an 8p A3. Then since the s3 came out, I've wanted one of those. Well 12 years later, I finally own an S3!

Purchased a 2010 sprint blue S3, 3 door.

Came with:
RNS-E
Cruise
Bose
BT phone
6 CD changer

I'm loving the car so far. I traded in my clio 172 which i thought was pretty quick but the quattro really does make a huge difference and the extra little touches are fantastic.

I'm not sure i'll mod much. was thinking perhaps intake and a remap to 98 ron.

Also considering retrofitting recaros and parking sensors. I didn't appreciate how high the rear window sits so when parallel parking, I can't see the bonnets of low cars which is making me nervous when reversing. I may also try and install some kind of ipod connection though I could just use the aux.
Any particular advice on fitting the seats and sensors?

Attachments

• no reg.jpg
    no reg.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: leshkin, HHS3, Raiden and 3 others
Big congrats. I hope I'll be able to buy an S3 this autumn if my inner me doesn't decide to mod the my current A3 to the point of no return :sos:

Lovely car. I wanted an S3 but the wife reckoned it wasn't practical with the kids. She was probably right but I still don't like her. Kid in town has a S3 and it sounds disgusting.. in a good way of coarse. Ricaros for sure and parking sensors are a must imo. Fitting some to my A3 soon. I have a iPod docking station in my glove box but I can't figure it out! It's an old 30pin.. bought a 30 pin to lightening Adapter but to no avail. So I think a Bluetooth Stereo upgrade will come before the sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell her she's being silly, they are not old enough to drive the s3 :witless:

Reactions: HHS3
Big congrats. I hope I'll be able to buy an S3 this autumn if my inner me doesn't decide to mod the my current A3 to the point of no return :sos:

Thanks! I had a similar thought with getting an A3 and modding it but took the plunge and went for the S3.

Lovely car. I wanted an S3 but the wife reckoned it wasn't practical with the kids. She was probably right but I still don't like her. Kid in town has a S3 and it sounds disgusting.. in a good way of coarse. Ricaros for sure and parking sensors are a must imo. Fitting some to my A3 soon. I have a iPod docking station in my glove box but I can't figure it out! It's an old 30pin.. bought a 30 pin to lightening Adapter but to no avail. So I think a Bluetooth Stereo upgrade will come before the sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've connected the aux for now which will do and will look at sourcing some SD cards. Been searching through threads and fitting parking sensors seems pretty complex! Far beyond my abilities anyway.
I may have found a source for some recaros. I presume you have to change the fronts and rears or they'll be odd?

Been reading about remaps also. Seems people go for intake after mapping? I was under the impression you'd get the most from your map if the intake was already in as it is calibrated to what equipment is fitted?

I need to set a budget cap for all of this really. At some point i'll probably have to update the maps and firm wear. Had also considered the RS3 grill for a long time but no urgent rush.

Best to have the intake before the map, especially if you are going to have a custom map.

Since need for speed underground 2 came out, I've wanted an 8p A3. Then since the s3 came out, I've wanted one of those. Well 12 years later, I finally own an S3!

Purchased a 2010 sprint blue S3, 3 door.

Came with:
RNS-E
Cruise
Bose
BT phone
6 CD changer

I'm loving the car so far. I traded in my clio 172 which i thought was pretty quick but the quattro really does make a huge difference and the extra little touches are fantastic.

I'm not sure i'll mod much. was thinking perhaps intake and a remap to 98 ron.

Also considering retrofitting recaros and parking sensors. I didn't appreciate how high the rear window sits so when parallel parking, I can't see the bonnets of low cars which is making me nervous when reversing. I may also try and install some kind of ipod connection though I could just use the aux.
Any particular advice on fitting the seats and sensors?
Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Nice car. Hope you really enjoy it and the forum. :)

It'll be easier and cheaper to fit a reverse camera instead of sensors. Beeping with sensors or any other car beeps drives me nuts.
The hardest part of fitting is the phono cable from the camera to the hu, then you just have the coding to do.

Hmm hadn't considered a camera. Worth looking into, though I do like OEM

Just realised the warranty might preclude me from fitting an intake so might just have to stick to the map. maybe the bluefin.

I'm going to try and sort the things that aren't mods but should be replaced. Things the the PCV keep cropping up so i'll look into that and see what other cheap/easy things I can do.

Found my nav code

SW 0150
HW H04
Map 8p0919884_AN_EUW

I presume this is pretty old as it has petrol stations that haven't existed for quite a while?

With regard to the Recaro Buckets, You would be better off changing the rear as well as the option was a load through section with armrest and cup holders. Mine has this option, i don't think i could live with standard seats after having them. When i 1st bought the car the missus was moaning about them being uncomfortable but she soon got used to them.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look at swapping them out as well if the guy is keen.

I suppose this may turn into a progress thread.
Purchased the ultratek plates and fitted them now. I love the clean look, especially removing the number plate surrounds that came with the car. Pics below

Plans:
USB charger for the 12v slot
Buy 2x 32GB SD cards for the slots.
Remove Audi sticker from rear window
Clean, claybar and wax the paintwork

Considering:
RS3 grill with chrome surround and matt black mesh
New maps/firmware for RNSE
Revo intake
Revo stage 1/bluefinn stage 1
Recaro seats
OEM reversing sensors
Window Tints

I don't plan much more than this other than the constant battle of keeping it clean! it's my daily.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
Reactions: HHS3, S. and Raiden
I suppose this may turn into a progress thread.

I don't plan much more than this other than the constant battle of keeping it clean! it's my daily.

Don't forget we all say that.

I certainly did and it's still(mostly)the daily.

Congrats on the purchase! The S3 is definitely a nice car and your's is in the correct colour :hearteyes:

As for mods, give it time... I, like many others here, did plan on modding mine too much.

I'm sure I'll be tempted by more down the line but hopefully I'll be saving for an rs5 one day!

I forgot to add I'm going to book in for a carbon clean soon as well I think

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
No not yet chap spending too much on servicing and repairs and have also been neglecting my RSV4 so i doubt very much it will get done. TBH with the crap state the roads are in plus the amount of traffic i don't honestly think i can justify the outlay......

Reactions: Pazzer