Finally done my B7 complete front end conversion

howdy quattro

Reaction score
right, i welcome any comments you lads have. i've seen a few partial b7 conversions but not so many with the headlights replaced. i no its not gonna be to everyones taste but i think i done a decent job.

Audi1.jpg

Audi2.jpg

Audi3.jpg

Audi4.jpg

Audi5.jpg

Audi6.jpg

Audi7.jpg

Audi8.jpg

Audi9.jpg

Audi10.jpg

Audi11.jpg

Audi12.jpg

Audi13.jpg

Audi14.jpg

Audi15.jpg

Audi16.jpg

Audi17.jpg

Audi18.jpg

Audi19.jpg

Audi20.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro and ScottD3
excellent job howdy bet it wernt cheap though

Reactions: Colin Anderton3
Wow!:applaus:

You done a Top job there Howdy, I remember you saying that you sourced the parts cheap and you went through with it - Hats off to ya mate! Look diamond :o.k:

a mate of mine lost an argument with a low-loader and the only thing left was the front of his car so he let me have it for £300, thats wings, bonnet, slam panel and front bumper, paint cost me £90!!

No probs mate, thats what its all about...

So then, Whats the plans next???

er......good question, its about right looks wise, probably stick bigger wheels on it eventually but for now its gotta be engine, exhaust,then suspension and brakes. so i gotta find somewhere local to do a remap for a good price, then chip it, then fmic and de-cat it, then will hav to start looking into bigger injectors and uprate the fuel pump. any idea where will do a good remap other than i dealer in the lincolnshire area?!?

looks tops mate, I take it the entire b7 wing can't be fitted to the b6 so you had to graft the ends in?

Strange when everything else fits, I would have thought the wings would bolt straight on.

Top job there mate, a big job to do, but well worth it as it looks spot on.

Rich

WOW great mod. mate!!!
"evilscotsman" - The problem with B7 is the decent styling "line" going from front light to the rear light so the B7 wing wont fit B6 door :(
Thats why he had to cut it (auch)

WOW great mod. mate!!!
"evilscotsman" - The problem with B7 is the decent styling "line" going from front light to the rear light so the B7 wing wont fit B6 door :(
Thats why he had to cut it (auch)

Aw, that sucks. ****** brilliant mod all the same!

Well done matey, that took skill to get them new wing ends to match up at the cuts :respekt: been there before!

I really like that - if I ever saw you out and about I would be confused as hell :think: - what was going through your mind as you cut off the front of the wings???? :scared2:

what was i thinkin?!? ha ha ha!! well not alot really, i'd hit lincoln city fairly hard the night before and was abit worse for wear to be honest, but when i got the cutter out i had a seriously bad case of the hiccups and was just pleadin with the big man upstairs to let me get it right 1st time!! i'm assumin everyone here has seen topgun? it was like that bit in the classroom when mavericks gettin bollocked by that bird for that move he pulled and he was like 'you can't think, if you think-your dead!', yeah, that fits pretty well!

oh, still readin the comments. i gotta say i'm fairly shocked at the good feedback, i've seen some mixed reviews about others who have done similar things but i love it! you can just bolt the b7 ones on scots but like dodo said it just doesn't look spot on and if your gonna do summat its best just to bite the bullet and go for it, otherwise everytime you go to jump in your car its the bits you copped out on that'l catch ur eye.

and yeah it has caught a few ppl out as well, need a private plate really but its funny to see some 53 plate owners drive passed my 51 plate with that nice big gob on the front of it and their expressions are like 'eh?!?'

Surprised by the good feedback?? Man not many people got the balls for this kind of mods and maybe only a 1 off 100 looks as mint as yours!!! Well done!!! :o.k:
Must be real fun see the people who knows these cars looking at yours like :wtf: :uhm:

:respekt:

fantastic, this is wht im in the process of doing ! just getting the parts together t the min.

got an sline bumper, a pair of headlights and bonnet at min.

can you not fit the wings ? or are they a diff shape etc?

Cheers

i guess dodo, but like i say, some ppl prefer things to be left alone which is understandable but i like the b7 front and the b6 rear, so if i had a b7 i'd probably just do an **** end transplant! but yeah, i'm happy with the results and just pleased that everyone on here is chuffed to see it can be done. the wings do fit roy but the body line is different and it doesn't look a smooth correct line so if you can its best, in my opinion anyway, to do a hybrid of the two, but you'll more than likely need a b7 slam panel as well for it to fit neatly but you can still use your old b6 rad in it tho coz it will go.

nice one cheers mate, ill look out for a slam panel. my mates got a bodyshop so ill let him do the wings etc.

i did look at the hoffle conversion, but its way cheaper to do this ! with oem parts !

The nose of the Hofle conversion is too deep as well, makes it look like a volvo.

Yours is obviously perfect as its the oem one, well done mate!

cheers lads, i'm even more happy with it now!! ha ha ha!! now i just gotta sort out the engine!! so no doubt i'll be pickin ppls brains in the future when i'm feelin flush again!!

Yeah gotta agree with 'Evil' on that one, does look volvo with that Hoffyhoffahoffff kit.

The way its going, we'll be competing with the yanks with the mods going on..:beerchug:

Reactions: Quattro-matty
first off RESPECT! secondly that is excellent work, the reason i hate that hoffelllelefeflle kit is because the front of the B7 looks wrong with the B6 headlights but youve obviously irradicated this. ****** respect man!

cheers jim mate! and yeah j7uss, i got an old issue of redline with a b6 from the states with a 1.8t lump in it and at the time it was runnin 550 brake!!! 550!! from a 1800!! but judgin by the spec it had very little internal work done to it, think it only had forged con rods to stop the pistons from lettin go! i'll have to dig it out and find the exact spec, but it had been revo'd and had a turbo on it the size of my other toy car(corsa b redtop). the lad who owns it was like 'yeah, there is a fair bit of lag but once it spools up it takes your head off!! ya reckon?!? i might not go silly like that but i wanna aim for the 300+ area by this time next year.

thanks chris, to be honest i'm abit new to moddin these cars really and haven't really got a clue what a 'hoffle' front or whatever it is is! could you or someone enlighten me!?

Nice job matey, very nice, I would consider the xenon adaptive upgrade aswell fella that would finish that front end of nicely, Kufatec could prob supply the loom etc, but very well joined have to say, the splicing of wings that is, nice one.

ahhhh!! i see now! that looks pretty mint actually, i can see the volvo resemblance but still. nice colour to have them in too. but yeah, the oem parts and newer headlights do make the difference i think. cheers for the info roy!! i was toying with the idea of trying to fit the b8 lights in the other day but think i'll leave it for now. i do miss my xenons tho, thats the only draw back from it.

how bizarre, i was just sayin abbout headlights! great minds eh! yeah i might hav to look into that really at some point, the lights are still great but i miss the flashy auto adjusters and the light jets!

ahhhh!! i see now! that looks pretty mint actually, i can see the volvo resemblance but still. nice colour to have them in too. but yeah, the oem parts and newer headlights do make the difference i think. cheers for the info roy!! i was toying with the idea of trying to fit the b8 lights in the other day but think i'll leave it for now. i do miss my xenons tho, thats the only draw back from it.

the b8 lights are sexy to be fair !

wonder if a s5 front end will fit :idea: haha

how bizarre, i was just sayin abbout headlights! great minds eh! yeah i might hav to look into that really at some point, the lights are still great but i miss the flashy auto adjusters and the light jets!

AS they say, Fecking AA brother, lol

The xenons will top that job of a treat, especially the adaptive ones that go round corners/up/down with suspension & bixenon for dipped/main, lovely jubbly as delboy says.

they would look the badgers nadgers mate. just been on that audiworld forum to see if the yank lads could give me any pointers on moddin the engine or no of any good places in the states that could import bits over but i can't make head nor **** of their forum! its all over the shop!

they would look the badgers nadgers mate. just been on that audiworld forum to see if the yank lads could give me any pointers on moddin the engine or no of any good places in the states that could import bits over but i can't make head nor **** of their forum! its all over the shop!

can you be a bit more explanatory about the modding the engine bit?

Reason I ask is why cant you do that here anyway or have I completely missed the boat on that one fella?

Sorry if being thick tonight, lack of VAGcom for a week, lol.