Finally debadged my SportBack

MikeSel^

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mikesel.info
Due to a freak accident with a jet washer and my 1.6's . I decided it was time to debadge it..

An here's the pictures:

Before:
n708505624_2464570_1292436.jpg

During
n708505624_2464571_3832659.jpg

After

n708505624_2464573_2597534.jpg

Any tips on getting the residue off? I got the majority off using a cloth and some polish, but you can still see a faint outline of the 'A' which I can't seem to shift!

Cheers

Wow.. You serious? Don't know how to take some of the suggestions from this forum sometimes lol

You could try warming the remaining adhesive with a hair dryer before using a bit of polish but ideally you want some sort of tar/glue remover like Tardis.

It's great stuff but I think it only comes in large cans at about £25 a pop so maybe a bit extravagant for your needs - unless you've caught the detailing bug!

Yes they have been suggested before by other members who have raised the same question.

I would try the wd40 first though, it is amazing stuff really!

Ok thanks.. Just remembered I have some tar and bug remover, I may give that a bash..

I have plans for the car, but currently it's mainly interior work :D

i wouldent use a angle grinder that would be just wrong lol:ermm:

how about hair dryer to warm it up and clay to get it off, as seen in the after care section. might work, but i think heat (warm not hot) is the key to loosen the glue

Thanks for the suggestions.

Due to the flat being on the 3rd floor I would need one hell of an extension lead for the hair dryer lol

It's only a slight 'ghosting' of glue round the 'A' so I will try and shift it with products before I mount my car on scafolding to get close to power lol

Right mike listen to this please if you want to remove it ...meguireS scratch remover its 7 quid if you buy 2 more items you will get it for free because halford are doing a 3 for 2 buy..... I got a meguireS CLAY kit and tech2.0 wax i got the scratch remover for nothing , rub it on work it in rub off repeat this 3 times the outline will disappear as well the clay kit is awesome i swear its easy to use and your hand glides over the paint like glass when finished its amazing then the tech2.0 wax rub on easy rubs off easy amazing wet shine .... so you can remove the outline of your badge clay your car and wax it and it will look amazing great day to do it mate ........you put the clay in a hot jug full of water spray the lube on a panel at a time the clay goes soft in the hot water press the clay down on the paint drag it over you feel the clay grip the paint work as it lifts the crap off the car id will glide very easy once it glides easy its done now look at all the shyte on the clay .... i used to wash and wax but after claying its a different thing altogether you do it 3 times a year and the results are amazing

I have a megs boot organiser full of product, clayed it once already so I know what you mean. I have now used my tar\bug remover didnt think of the scratch x ill have to give that a go.

Cheers