Finally Collected - A Few Questions

taylorc

A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic
Reaction score
So I have finally got my hands on the new car...... and wow! I absolutely love it. The car looks fantastic, is fantastic to drive and the interior is amazing.

I’m sure that after more driving hours I’m going to love it even more, I do have some questions though.....

1. Should I have received a service book or is it all electronic now?

2. I really struggled to get the connected services working (Google maps etc), is the system generally stable or is it normal to expect a few connection drop outs?

3. Is setting the primary user worth it? Other than remote lock and auxiliary heater are there any other benefits?

I’m sure I will think of some more questions but for now .... TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I have finally got my hands on the new car...... and wow! I absolutely love it. The car looks fantastic, is fantastic to drive and the interior is amazing.

I’m sure that after more driving hours I’m going to love it even more, I do have some questions though.....

1. Should I have received a service book or is it all electronic now?

2. I really struggled to get the connected services working (Google maps etc), is the system generally stable or is it normal to expect a few connection drop outs?

3. Is setting the primary user worth it? Other than remote lock and auxiliary heater are there any other benefits?

I’m sure I will think of some more questions but for now .... TIA

1. All electronic I think, I didn’t get one either.

2. There’s been an issue with connect services today and I’m not sure they’ve been resolved. You’d be best trying again tomorrow and most people seem to have had to turn off and on the connection module in the settings to reboot it.

3. If it’s a U.K. car then there’s no auxiliary heater available but will allow you to lock/unlock, check servicing, mileage, fuel level, miles to empty, etc.

Hope that helps a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: taylorc
Thanks for the reply, the dealer spent ages trying to get the services to work (even got a tech out who reset various systems) but alas it was not too be!
I agreed to take the car whilst they contacted Audi for advice...... typically after I got home the system started to work on its own! Hopefully it stays activated ......

Pity about the auxiliary heater...... I’ll have a think about whether I bother creating a primary user account....

Thanks again

I noticed at lunch time mine wouldn't connect and switched back to the standard maps rather than google earth. That's the first time it's happened. It was fine this evening though.

Yeah, I just checked and all seems well with the system on my end too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside of your questions, where are your pictures?? We need some BE pictures put up!

Here you go

0ec45202bebdad9002a820ea479f17ba.jpg
0e7750a10224a82fcd6b159c00dbee4c.jpg

ec939ffd1e585ebeecdeb83aa833451c.jpg
c54d4b514f3ce50216af3a08d4c5f41e.jpg

f97eef59420ed0ab693537a2e2021d10.jpg

Reactions: Rocksteve69, AlnSaz, Paul Golding and 4 others
Further observations....

1. When I initially configured the car the technology pack stated that the flat bottom steering wheel would be replaced by the normal “high multi function” wheel but on collection I was pleasantly surprised to find the flat bottom fitted .... result.

2. I could have sworn that High Beam Assist was part of either the comfort and sound pack or the tech pack but my car doesn’t have it, all of the features are present as far as I can tell so I’m not sure why it’s not on the car..... I have noticed however that High Beam Assist is now an option that can be added as an extra so have they removed it from the pack?

That is beautiful looking, and it gives me a taste of what mine will look like - Daytona Grey BE.

I have gone for HBA on my car, but it was never part of any pack - it was always an option in its own right.

Great Car and perfect colour!

Bet the 'old school hip hop' sounds great on the B&O system.

This have the sweeping indicators?

I’m going through an Electro/ old school phase at the moment ...... and yes, it sounds awesome.
The rear indicators are dynamic but the front ones are normal, not sure why they do it like that? If you pay for the matrix lights then it’s dynamic front and back (I wished I had paid for them to be honest).