Finally brought an S3

syman

Reaction score
Finally brought an S3

Thanks everyone for all of your advice, finally brought an S3.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/114482.htm

Decided to go for silver with black leather, nice condition, figured it would look nice when it eventually got some s4 style alloys on it.

Didn’t really get to take it over 70 on the test drive so didn’t pick up on it at the time but from 3rd upwards seems to loose boost sometimes between 3000rpm sometimes 4000rpm, hear the turbo spool up for about 2secs then no noise at all and loss of power. Trailed as.net and realised it could be a number of things, boost leak, maf, GEARBOX! coilpacks, sparkplugs Etc… thanks to this brilliant forum concluded the best thing to do is get it plugged in, the misses knows someone that works at audi in Cambridge, hopefully that’ll show something up.

Still lovely drive though, was thinking about a CTR, glad I didn’t.

To top it all off, was made redundant on Wednesday with a weeks money and Christmas holiday pay owning to me, not going to see any of it for a while as the company has gone into liquidation. Nice of them to give me a heads up knowing I was going to get a huge loan for a car.

Anyway rant over, still a lovely car, hopefully can afford to keep it, fix it, then remap.

Have a great Christmas lads!

Congrats mate! Nice car you've picked up!

Sorry to hear about your job situation though, but, and I know everybody says this, something better will turn up and you can only think about it positively now.

Enjoy Christmas, enjoy your car, and then get cracking on the job hunting!! :sm4:

Yeah you'll enjoy it. I picked mine up on Thursday night and been rallying it around ever since. I can't beleive after all the welly I give it still does 23mpg.
Enjoy - although the understeer is sometimes a little scary when the traction control kicks in when it wasn't needed!!

Sorry about the job man. Great looking car (exactly the same as mine W reg silver/black leather etc).

Aky said:
Yeah you'll enjoy it. I picked mine up on Thursday night and been rallying it around ever since. I can't beleive after all the welly I give it still does 23mpg.
Enjoy - although the understeer is sometimes a little scary when the traction control kicks in when it wasn't needed!!

23mpg your not driving it hard enough!!

Press the ESP button - welcome to QUATTRO DRIFT!!!!!!! Before long you will be hunting wet slippery roundabouts.

Yep love the silver mate, bigger wheels will finish it off perfectly.

Managed 17mpg on the way home from picking it up, great fun, maybe it’d be a good idea to lay off a little until it’s running 100% Bit disappointing about the boost, but hopefully will only be a small problem.

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement about the job, sure something better will come up.

Will post some pics when it gets some new rims

[quote
Press the ESP button - welcome to QUATTRO DRIFT!!!!!!! Before long you will be hunting wet slippery roundabouts.[/quote]

Hmmm - Think i'll give it a blast later on today when the roads are quiet! - I love the car its awesome - not stupidly fast but its a little pocket rocket - wolf in sheeps clothing