Finally! booked in for AMD Stage 1

dik

Reaction score
To say I am excited is an understatement... am booked in for saturday morning at 9.30 for a stage 1 RR Remap..

Heres looking for 265+!! and all that torque 350nm+ hopefully

Anyone else from here up there on the 4th Feb (a saturday).?

A BIG BIG thank you to WAK for organising the map for me.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

What about revo?
If i was starting again it would be either jabba remap or revo with sps3
or apr

I`m not sure about revo, I wanted a smoother delivery out of the extra power, alot of people have said that the revo chip is too harsh early on so that put me off first.

Also I wanted a rolling road session to get the chip 'tuned in' so to speak.

how about apr then?Amd would be last on my list,well next to those one-man guys.How about mrc(minhea) also meant to be good.

Nothing wrong with the AmD map Ryan...

Very smooth imo.

what boost are you running dicky?

[ QUOTE ]
what boost are you running dicky?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant remember exactly but approx 1.45 bar peak.

Why do you ask?

Ryan, what we call an AmD remap is in actual fact a Sportec remap AFAIK. I've not had any problems with my stage1 remap, peaks at 1.4-15, then drops to just over 1bar. You can possibly question their service of late, though I've not had a bad experience from them myself, but their Stage1 remap is tried and tested by many, including myself.

What about imola's 1.1bar remap and i believe there was a few others.
Anyway if your happy thats good most of the remaps are 1.4/1.5 to 1/1.1 .

Now I see where the extra power on a Jabba remap comes from. After i had mine done Mike told me its peaking at 1.6bar and holding 1.4bar. Still well pleased with the results. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

hi steve,
Not totally sure but i don't think a k04 can hold 1.4 till redline.Glens probably better to ask on this sort of thing .

[ QUOTE ]
hi steve,
Not totally sure but i don't think a k04 can hold 1.4 till redline.Glens probably better to ask on this sort of thing .

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that too Ryan...

Yeah i'm sure it's 1.1bar or something,it just runs out of steam.
I would have thought mike meant 1.6 overboost to 1.4 then tappered to 1.1 at 6200.
If you ever want to meet up steve i'l plug my vag-com in and log your boost for you.

[ QUOTE ]
hi steve,

[/ QUOTE ]

It can't...

I had mine basically flat out...way off the top of the ECU boost control and MAP sensor reading range...and although it could possibly have produced more than 1.85 bar peak...the decline in pressure was soon back on the compressor curve, with the compressor spinning flat out...and I couldn't get mine to hold more than 1.2 ish bar at the redline.

Bearing in mind that at 1.0 bar at the redline, my standard IC'd car was seeing inlet temperatures of 78 degrees AFTER the ICs...there is no way a car on standard ICs could even run at 1.4+ bar boost from a K04. The inlet temperatures - assuming the hoses hadn't melted - would ment the engine internally.

To run at much over 1.0 bar boost with aggressive timing needs either a big turbo, or some very special (efficient) ICs on a K04.

With 2 x bespoke ICs (one a front mount), re-jigged IC pipework, de-restricted turbo outlet pipe, N75 and an aggressive map I could make over 1.2 bar sustained at the redline...but the turbo was spinning faster than it should have...and to be honest had become a hot air pump long before that. Hence the need for very special ICs..

[ QUOTE ]
Now I see where the extra power on a Jabba remap comes from. After i had mine done Mike told me its peaking at 1.6bar and holding 1.4bar. Still well pleased with the results. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One quick look at your boost curve will reveal all...

Or alternatively, the peak boost value and revs...and the peak power at the wheels value and RPM...

If you are making 1.6 bar boost...you are getting 310-315 lb-ft of torque from a K04...assuming the ignition timing hasn't retarded so far it's shut the engine down...or the engine let go from massive inlet temperatures!

[ QUOTE ]
What about imola's 1.1bar remap and i believe there was a few others.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the same re-map that had a torque graph showing 299 lb-ft of torque?

From 1.1 bar peak...

I think not.
Imola S3 and I drove my S3 and his back to back...with mine in 305 lb-ft mode....and it was night and day in terms of performance.

His was making 1.1 peak...mine 1.5+...

[/ QUOTE ]If you are making 1.6 bar boost...you are getting 310-315 lb-ft of torque from a K04...assuming the ignition timing hasn't retarded so far it's shut the engine down...or the engine let go from massive inlet temperatures!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just going off what Mike told me when I picked the car up. He definately said it was peaking at 1.6bar. The torque figures from the rolling road was 416.6nm which if my calculations are correct is 307lbft,

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah i'm sure it's 1.1bar or something,it just runs out of steam.
I would have thought mike meant 1.6 overboost to 1.4 then tappered to 1.1 at 6200.
If you ever want to meet up steve i'l plug my vag-com in and log your boost for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe your right mate, still the main thing is how it drives on the road and I'm well happy with the way it performs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Yep,Sounds like the most that can be squeezed out of a standard s3.
What is the limiter on the s3 as mine has been raised to 7200 i believe.