Facelift Finally bit the bullet.

Bellasdad

Reaction score
After 6 months of ownership of my Audi A4 2.0 Tfsi I've had to finally wave the white flag and call it a day with the s tronic gearbox. The car itself was superb but as discussed at some length in the A4 forum the issue with the gearbox lag was something I could never feel comfortable with and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get used to that particular characteristic.
After much soul searching and even more research I decided to go for the A3 1.4 Tfsi saloon.
I was a little worried that the engine might not be up to the job but after reading the comments on here and an extended test drive I was sold.
I'm happy to say I've picked the car up today, a whole month earlier than promised, and what a joy the journey home was. The engine is sweet and being back in a manual is the icing on the cake. I can't begin to describe how much weight has been lost from my shoulders now I've finally taken ownership of this cracking little motor.
The A4 was without question a real beauty but the A3 will easily meet and probably exceed all my expectations.
One happy Audi bunny again.

Reactions: glospete, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 2 others
I have found the lag difficult to live with, but I've adapted to a different driving style now. Wouldn't want to trade in the A4 after only 10 months! I came from a 1.4 tfsi manual A3 and I can appreciate your delight with the engine; it really is a remarkable little power unit. 17,000 miles and not one hint of trouble.

Reactions: glospete, Bellasdad and Jassyo06
I have found the lag difficult to live with, but I've adapted to a different driving style now.
I've read that some get around it by just popping it into S mode when at a junction ready to pull off!

After 6 months of ownership of my Audi A4 2.0 Tfsi I've had to finally wave the white flag and call it a day with the s tronic gearbox. The car itself was superb but as discussed at some length in the A4 forum the issue with the gearbox lag was something I could never feel comfortable with and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get used to that particular characteristic.
After much soul searching and even more research I decided to go for the A3 1.4 Tfsi saloon.
I was a little worried that the engine might not be up to the job but after reading the comments on here and an extended test drive I was sold.
I'm happy to say I've picked the car up today, a whole month earlier than promised, and what a joy the journey home was. The engine is sweet and being back in a manual is the icing on the cake. I can't begin to describe how much weight has been lost from my shoulders now I've finally taken ownership of this cracking little motor.
The A4 was without question a real beauty but the A3 will easily meet and probably exceed all my expectations.
One happy Audi bunny again.
Congratulations on yer new ownership of your new car mate

Reactions: Bellasdad
I've read that some get around it by just popping it into S mode when at a junction ready to pull off!
I'm sure I've read that too somewhere but I've never remembered to try it. I'll have to bear it in mind.

Reactions: S32B
I'm sure I've read that too somewhere but I've never remembered to try it. I'll have to bear it in mind.
I've tried every combination suggested but none of them really worked for me personally. I thought with time I might be able to adapt my driving style to suit the car but sadly it didn't happen.
On the plus side I am highly delighted with the A3, I still can't believe the performance that the 1.4 engine produces, it really is amazing.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and David McQueen