Finally, A Readable Instrument Cluster

Honkers

Reaction score
Got round to get the display fixed and was well happy with the results when I plugged it in to the dash. Cost me 140 quid plus postages. Only snag is, he is based in Australia but that didn't put me off. If you guys don't mind taking the public transport for 8 days (thats how long it took mine, door to door) while the cluster is out then I can send you guys the details.

20042009561.jpg

28042009567.jpg

How much was the postage?

How come you chose to use this guy rather than someone like BBA-Reman in the UK?

ps. Funky needles!!

I'd love to get my DIS sorted, one of the few things letting the interior down, just can't be doing without my car for any length of time really, shame

Those dials look cool!

I deffo need to get mine sorted. It was bad enough when I got the car but yesterday morning it packed up.

I'd love some pointers mate please.

Not overly fussed not having use of the car for a while.

Did you strip it and send it to him?

I took the cluster (only attached by two torx screws) and sent it by registered mail. Took him one day to fix (apparently the DIS didn't need replacing) and was sent back the next day. Total postage to Oz from HK was 15quid but will vary from country to country of course. Even came with a 1 year guarentee.
As for the needles they are genuine , i didn't mod them at all. Surely they are the same for all S4's (except mine are in Kilometers) as mine was manufactured in Germany.

I get LCD's replaced too.

Just done the one in the Nogaro S4 (in the engine pull thread) and it's like brand new.

mine aren't that bad how much can you do them for Siena?

mine aren't that bad how much can you do them for Siena?

£195, includes return shipping.

Covers missing pixels, and dimming. The entire LCD is replaced with a new one, and comes with a 12 month warranty.

is there not an issue with the immobiliser and how long the cluster is removed from the car on facelift cars?

siena, i might well be in contact in a few months! mines absoltely shagged. other bits to sort first though!

Yes, IMMO2 resides withing the cluster on cars from September '97.

IMMO2 isn't affected, upon replacement of cluster, the only value that changes is the trip meter, which defaults back to zero.

Mileage and IMMO2 are unaffected.