Final Help Please with New Order...

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Right well here it is, Im going for the deal tomorrow.

Spec is as follows which has been amended -:

- A3 2.0 TFSI Manual S-Line Quattro 3 Door ( What a Mouthful )
- Acoustic Parking sensors ( My reversing sucks..Bad Visibility in A3 )
- Front Armrest
- Auto Dipping Door Mirrors ( These Worth having? )
- Leather Seats
- Heated Fronts
- Xenons
- Light & rain Sensors
- Interior Light
- Vortex Kit with S-Line Spoiler
- Pear Paint
- Symphtony II and Bose
Comes to around £27600 ish OTR Price Retail.

Now Drive the Deal works out to be around £25500 would this seem a fair target price to aim for??????

Also Im gonna order now for the facelift, I take it this is possible....

What do you guys think? Help me right now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dave

Ditch the armrest. Bose from other threads doesn't seem to be worth the cash get sunroof instead if you can? Alcantara leather looks great and smells even better.
You have plenty of dosh do you fancy paying for mine aswell?

Nope I can only just afford mine.... well end of July when it arrives....

I like Bose It's more than enough for me....

Arm rest gets in the way in my current one, but can always be shoved out the way.

[ QUOTE ]
Iand if you adjust the normal headlights and put better bulbs in they actually do a better job then the xenons

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you got xenons?

How could a simple upgrade of some bulb with a blue tint match the output of a xenon light??

Dave, it sounds lovely but all I'll say to you is from someone who put all the toys on an A3 a year ago, be prepared to lose every single extra on that list money wise in a year bar maybe half the leather.

Your car will be worth a bit under 2K less than a stock 2.0T costs new this time next year.

I know that but im a sucker for them....

THe only ones which I could drop really are Rain Sensor Pack and Auto Dipping mirrors

Mark_N is right, my 2.0TDI with a lot of toys sold for £8000 less not a year after...

So make sure you keep the car for at least 2 years!

If I was ordering a new A3 in the morning I would get an S Line with xenons, arm rest, climate (doesn't come standard in Ireland), heated seats and that's it.

Auto dipping mirrors?? Use your ****** hand!!

Come on fella, I know it's nice to be ticking every box but it really will hurt your pocket down the line.

I've lost a full €10,000 on my car in a year.

The auto dipping mirrors are a must. Unless you've had them the nyou can't understand just how cool/useful they are. Sure you could manually adjust the rear view mirror but wha tare you going to do about the side mirrors?

[ QUOTE ]
I know that but im a sucker for them....

THe only ones which I could drop really are Rain Sensor Pack and Auto Dipping mirrors

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't drop these options. Light and rain sensors are great gadgets. Loads less hassle having to flip the wiper stalk in showers.

[ QUOTE ]
Right well here it is, Im going for the deal tomorrow.

Spec is as follows which has been amended -:

- A3 2.0 TFSI Manual S-Line Quattro 3 Door ( What a Mouthful )
- Acoustic Parking sensors ( My reversing sucks..Bad Visibility in A3 ) ---<font color="red">Wish i'd gone for these, good choice</font>
- Front Armrest --- <font color="red">yep, i'm lazy and use mine all the time. </font>
- Auto Dipping Door Mirrors ( These Worth having? ) ---<font color="red"> Absolutely </font>
- Leather Seats --- <font color="red">Always found full leather a bit slippy, but it looks the mutts. </font>
- Heated Fronts --- <font color="red">A must have with full leather </font>
- Xenons --- <font color="red">Hate them, should be banned </font>
- Light & rain Sensors --- <font color="red">Light is a nice trick, rain...maybe, but you can't have one without the other </font>
- Interior Light --- <font color="red">Again, a nice touch </font>
- Vortex Kit with S-Line Spoiler --- <font color="red">Oh yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font>
- Pear Paint --- <font color="red">Goes without saying </font>
- Symphtony II and Bose --- <font color="red">Don't like the symphoney, makes the front console look too crowded and you loose that nice big cubby hole (and cup holer?) </font>
Comes to around £27600 ish OTR Price Retail.

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably sounds stupid but what is the Pear paint option?

I think is extra option if you don't like Apple or Kiwi.

[ QUOTE ]
I think is extra option if you don't like Apple or Kiwi.

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Personally I'd go for grape

I'd drop the xenons, Vortex and rain sensors, and walk away with an extra 2k in my pocket.

Vortex is too fussy, Xenons you won't miss and auto rain sensors??... come on ya big fairy!

TDI-Line of course Audi are going to try and sell used cars for a profit - it's what they give YOU for a trade in that matters.

You most certainly do not need heated seats only if you live in North of Scotland.

Leather on a cold morning would nearly give you frostbite!! I have the heated leather and it's only a couple of hundred quid extra and well worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
Leather on a cold morning would nearly give you frostbite!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh, but heated seats would only solve this if they pre-heated before you got in the car.

By the time mine have warmed up, my backs already turned blue. It then has a nice 'cook from frozen' effect on me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Here's hoping Mrs Japper has a sense of humour or doesn't read this board

[/ QUOTE ]

She does at that, though she dosen't read this anyway. As for why she can tolerate heated seats on max. I dunno, maybe no nerve endings in her rump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And that comment opens up a whole new can of worms....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I didn't put it that way in my earlier post - don't go there, the mods will shut us down for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmmmm...
icon_treadmill.gif

I'll get my coat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
maybe no nerve endings in her rump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wish my wife didn't... then maybe i'd get my brown wings! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Iand if you adjust the normal headlights and put better bulbs in they actually do a better job then the xenons

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you got xenons?

How could a simple upgrade of some bulb with a blue tint match the output of a xenon light??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had xenons in the 4 cars previous to the A3 and then not in the A3, and after adjusting them I found the halogens with a decent bulb (I didn't say put some stupid fukin' blue bulb in!) gave a better output than the xenons on the A4.
Then when my car went in to be looked at, because the air bag light had come on, they lent me another A3 with xenons and they were no better than mine, in fact the beam didn't reach out as far. Which is why I said they could probably be adjusted to beat the standard lights.
I would never give advice on something I had not had first hand experience with, whcih is what alot of people on here seem to do!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wish my wife didn't... then maybe i'd get my brown wings! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no, no, no, not with the wife, only with the slappers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, no, no, not with the wife, only with the slappers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

she is a slapper! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

she is a slapper! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Gizze...I remember when I was driving a TT with xenons quite a bit the output wasn't great. The A3 seems to be much better than the xenons I used in the TT.

Bowfer you can leave a diesel sitting there all morning at idle. It won't heat up though.

I was worried about the car being freezing before I had it as it's a diesel but was pleasantly surprised when I found it heats up (the cabin) as quick as any petrol. It does in fact use a seperate element which probably burns more fuel but stops you dying from hypothermia.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn!!! That's where I went wrong!!

Coldsteel are you wanting the SFG, as I don't know if its being added in week 22 but more like september.

Thats what I've heard anyways, ay other views?

Dave

SFG. I'm getting the real mans A3. The Sportback! With the 2.0 TEE DEE EYE! Brrrrrrooooommmmm!

There aren't any car Instant Graemlins.