Fiat Coupe

MikeS4

MikeS4
Reaction score
Defnitely cool, although like Alfa not cool if you have to live with one :p

For me they're kinda middle of the road, neither cool or uncool, altho i voted cool cos I thought it deserved that vote more than uncool ;)

I do like the looks & the turbo version is supposed to go quite well. Not sure if i'd ever buy 1 tho due to the reliability myth.

Saying that tho, back in 1999 I bought a 1996P reg Bravo 1.8HLX 16v. Had it for 2yrs & it never let me down :) It was the newest & most expensive car i'd ever bought at the time so loved it. It had loads of elec toys, alloys, factory bodykit etc. My mates were jealous as hell cos most of them had cheap runabouts.

I always wanted the 2.0 20V HGT, but couldn't afford the extra £2k at the time. Annoying thing was I bought it on finance so ended up paying about £10.5k in total. A few months after i'd bought it Fiat brought the new models out & offered 0% finance. If I'd waited I could have had a brand new 1 for the same monthly payments :rolleyes:

I lost a fair old wedge of £ on it tho. Bought it for £8200 fro Fiat dealership. 2yr later Car People offered me £1600 in PX against a £7k 2000 Civic 1.8VTiS Aerodeck, I sold it for £4400 privately.

Craig :cool:

seriously uncool I hate these cars ugly as ****... and i thought it was designed by Chris Bangle?

silver75 said:
Id rather have a Ford Puma :ohmy:

Nice but I've always hankered after a Corrado. We bought a new base Lupo in 2001 as a second car for commuting. I kicked myself after I realised what we paid would have got a very nice VR6 and probably some money to spare to cover the extra running costs :keule:

The other alternative for a cheap Pininfarina coupe would be a 406 Coupe. Nice too look at but dull inside. Unfortunately Peugeot must have run out of money by the time they finished with the gorgeous exterior.

Macduff said:
The other alternative for a cheap Pininfarina coupe would be a 406 Coupe..

now thats a good looking (but crap) car reminds me of the ferrari 456

Peugeot_406_coupe.jpg

456m_front_side-sm.jpg

I think they have had it's day, cool at the time it was released, but has aged now, and looks dated. Reminds me of Kermit the frog also, so uncool for me.

silver75 said:
now thats a good looking (but crap) car reminds me of the ferrari 456

Peugeot_406_coupe.jpg

456m_front_side-sm.jpg

Wouldn't call it crap. We had a 406 saloon that drove very nicely and was comfortable. Main issue was the 2.0 engine wasn't powerful enough for the size of car.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them for some reason. I think it's the lines down the side that always catch my eye.

406 coupes are smart too. Why-oh-why-oh-why did they do a diesel version though :scared2:

Not a fan of the Coupe either. Yes it looked different, but it was never a cohesive design; just wrongly proportioned for me.

Someone mentioned the Ford Puma - I bought a 1.7 new and absolutely loved it. Two years and a memorable 27k miles with no faults to speak of. That's one car I would definitely buy again.

Cool. Looks good, def goes good, shame about the brakes!!!! I had one about 9 years ago. I reckon it was probably quicker in 4th than my S3 in 6th! As someone above said though, build quality isn't up to much but still great value for money. Cool.

The coupé looked good when first brought out, but by god it was a ****** to wash with all the styling and nooks and crannys!

For a cool fiat however, look no further than the left hooker Barchetta. Still desirable, not that many on our roads, and a sweet little exhaust note.:icon_thumright:

Had a Barchetta hire car for a couple of days a few years back. Got to the Avis desk to collect my Astra and they said have the Barchetta instead. Great fun. :o.k:

:wtf: Guys this is one hell of a shocking thread, Fiats and 406's cool, ave a word!!!! You'll be tellin us Vauxhalls have got street credibility next!!!!:wtf:

Fiat coupe is cool.

Styling might be dated. Reliability might be an issue. And with the speeds the 20v turbo is capable of, I wouldn't be surpised to see it leaving a trail of shed body parts after a stretch of pedal/carpet action. It is Italian and fiercely mad.

But,

all that applies to the Integrale too, and that has a place on my 'coolest cars of all time, ever' list.

Reliability is not a short cut to coolness in my book.

I have just sold my Fiat Coupe 20VT and was gutted to see it go

I owned it for four years and it never went wrong, despite being driven hard every day, people just assume its a dog because its a fiat.

Anyone who slates this beast has obviously never driven one.

Can't resist posting on this thread ;) . I have a 300+bhp Coupe that I will be waving goodbye to on Saturday :sadlike: . I've had it for 3 years and it is an awesome car in performance terms. Third gear will do 110mph, which will kill most things on the road today, but I must admit that the italian build is not a patch on german quality.

At the end of the day, I have really enjoyed my Coupe ownership, but the time has come to put my sensible head on and get an Audi. Not sure that an S3 is a sensible choice, but I get the feling from the test drive that it might remind me of the Coupe's performance :cool: and fuel economy :ermm: .

Phil

PS. Chris Bangle designed the outside; Pinifarina designed the interior...

I have always had a soft spot for the Fiat Coupe, especially in 20V turbo form, drive nicely and pretty damn quick too

Design wise, they still look very cool, with a well designed interior too

Another 'former' owner.. and absolutely loved this car when it was behaving. Tended to have a few rattles, but sold it on before any major fiat issues popped their heads. Had the turning circle of a barge so tried mostly to never do 'u-turns' ;) Wouldnt say its sub-zero cool... just cool.