Few questions about my S3. Newbie

Charlie23

Reaction score
Hi guys just bought my first s3 and i love it but i got a few questions if you all would be so kind to help me out?

on my light switch theres a timer looking button in the bottom left corner what is that for?

I have folding mirrors from inside the car but can they be set to fold unfold buy locking unlocking etc on the key?

it has a clarion after market double din headunit can this be straight swap replaced for the sat nav unit?

cheers guys and sorry if my questions are stupid.

its a 2007 model.

Hi Charlie, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read of the faqs thread, you may find some answers in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thank you and hi,

I have had a quick look with no joy so fort i would post and have a chat with a few of you guys on here and see if you could help me out.

HI and welcome.

Timer looking button I believe is the dials brightness. In regards to the mirrors, ive heard of it being done by someone on the forum but not sure who and the double din unit should be easily replaced with the original sat nav unit.

Rich.

Charlie, you might be able to activate the mirrors using VCDS. I am sure someone will be along soon to help you. Re the Clarion it should be a straight swap but they may have added an adaptor to the wiring to make the clarion communicate.

Hi guys cheers for the replys, and the clarion unit sounds good to me and as for the button on the light switch its an actual button with headlight looking symbol and then a timer?? Sounds daft as i first fort headlight timers or something???

The mirrors like you said i should be able to get them programed to fold when locking the car?

Thank you for the replys

Not sure aabout the button then :-s

As for the mirrors do a search for Ash187 or PM him regarding the folding when locking car as im positive he has done it to his A3.

The timer button could very well be coming/leaving home, is there an auto position on the headlight switch?

Mirrors can't be coded to fold with locking.

We supply/fit the Audi nav system, ping me a pm if interested in prices.

Yes this is coming/leaving home then, based on your evidence.

Aww cool, so how does it work? Button on little red light comes on does that mean on or off lol?

Cheers

Yes it's for coming/leaving home, when red light is on it means it activated, so when you unlock the car when it's dark enough main lights will come on. When red light is off it's been deactivated.

As for sat nav why not fit it yourself, very easy to do. Just need vcds to code but vcds is worth buying if you own a Audi/vw ect there's few threads on here as guides to do it. Get a nav off ebay or in classified section.

As for mirrors no they cannot be coded to fold on fob button but using Audi relay 367 and custom wiring you can get it work

Chers for all that info,

Last question then the satnav is not just plug and play? It needs to be coded in to the car?

Cheers