Few new additions to my RS3

Or it could be a spreader rivet

0d2633f7241ae07ba6c19b1e0c441b1c.jpg

1c0d6719371b12a4d9def75c7ddefd16.jpg

458b313589a26b5edfdbf795a3c480a1.jpg

Reactions: Phil3
Nailed it @T-800 :icon thumright: it’s the spreader type rivet/clip. That’s awesome mate thanks for the rapid replies and help!

Reactions: NevMan
For those interested... I’m working with Reverie (who AN got his stone guards from) to make a matching set of rear saloon stone guards for the RS3 saloon that go with the Automotive Passion front ones... they’ll also supply them with the rear fixing kit. I’m posting them a template today so hopefully have more news next week

Reactions: AudiNutta, dc911, Jonny B and 1 other person
For those interested... I’m working with Reverie (who AN got his stone guards from) to make a matching set of rear saloon stone guards for the RS3 saloon that go with the Automotive Passion front ones... they’ll also supply them with the rear fixing kit. I’m posting them a template today so hopefully have more news next week
I’ll be keen to see the results. Still waiting for my front ones to arrive from UK.

I’ll be keen to see the results. Still waiting for my front ones to arrive from UK.

While you’re waiting mate if might be worth your while popping into Audi and getting a handful of the little clips that hold the arch liner in place... we save you having to worry about damaging them whilst removing them

While you’re waiting mate if might be worth your while popping into Audi and getting a handful of the little clips that hold the arch liner in place... we save you having to worry about damaging them whilst removing them

From years of playing around with cars and often breaking these I have a big bag of spare clips of all types and sizes. :)

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan
From years of playing around with cars and often breaking these I have a big bag of spare clips of all types and sizes. :)

haha and I bet they’re all plastic and all a nightmare to remove once fitted... manufactures just don’t like use taking their cars aparts :tearsofjoy:

I’ve just replaced 2 I’d ygw clips this morning with new ones as I slightly damaged them... so alls as good as new again

@AudiNutta Matt hope it don’t mind I’ve used your name in conversation with Reviere to try and get a bit of a discount on the rear stone guards I’m having made haha :icon thumright:

@AudiNutta Matt hope it don’t mind I’ve used your name in conversation with Reviere to try and get a bit of a discount on the rear stone guards I’m having made haha :icon thumright:

No problem at all Phil, he told me that whoever buys them after I had them would pay £150... they’ve hiked that price, get him to honour £150 by mentioning me.

Reactions: Phil3 and NevMan
No problem at all Phil, he told me that whoever buys them after I had them would pay £150... they’ve hiked that price, get him to honour £150 by mentioning me.

Cheers mate! It’s only the rears I’m after but with a different outer profile (I’ve sent him a template) so we’ll see what they come back with :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta
Cheers mate! It’s only the rears I’m after but with a different outer profile (I’ve sent him a template) so we’ll see what they come back with :icon thumright:

I'd defiantly be keen for some rears as well for my Sedan as well!

I'd defiantly be keen for some rears as well for my Sedan as well!

Reviere have the templates I’ve sent and are working on the rears now... not really sure of timeframe but I’d be hoping to hear something about them next week, or I’ll be emailing for an update

I’ll post photos etc on here as soon as I have them in hand and then fitted

Reactions: NevMan and alexhop
Just a couple of quick ones... ignore all the mud and dirt haha...

View attachment 166909

View attachment 166910

Hi Phil
I received mine which look good and they came with some clip removal tools and double sided tape. I went to fit them but then discovered they don’t have holes for all 4 clips. Mine just have 2 holes on the bottom which line up to the 2 bottom clips but no holes for upper ones. Did yours look like mine below. Also the guard is not quite flat so they would need to bend a little to make them sit flush against the guard. Was it a problem having them follow the contour of the guard. Look forward to your advice
CDF660E7 5832 40BB BDA9 7AD5EAB0E4E2

8612E7A0 3759 4F42 A8FA 2A84E468A0CF

@Slowracer Hi mate, hmm that’s a bit of an odd one... mind had the 4 holes drilled on each guard, but I did have to “open” one out on each so the clips fitted perfect... mine also had a notch cut out at the bottom which helped position it, here’s a pic...

7AD10521 84E2 44A4 A882 1FA0C6CEA3E8

...without the little notch but out I’m not sure you’d be able to get them in place between the wheel arch and the bodywork?!

Regarding the guards bending, then in position they bend and match the flow of the bodywork fine :icon thumright:

Looking at the holes on yours, the lower one looks way out of line, in fact both look to be different to where mine are... I think I’d be getting in touch with Automotive Passion telling them the problems and asking for another set sent out mate?!

Sorry about that, but hope I’ve helped a bit

@Slowracer Hi mate, hmm that’s a bit of an odd one... mind had the 4 holes drilled on each guard, but I did have to “open” one out on each so the clips fitted perfect... mine also had a notch cut out at the bottom which helped position it, here’s a pic...

View attachment 167827

...without the little notch but out I’m not sure you’d be able to get them in place between the wheel arch and the bodywork?!

Regarding the guards bending, then in position they bend and match the flow of the bodywork fine :icon thumright:

Looking at the holes on yours, the lower one looks way out of line, in fact both look to be different to where mine are... I think I’d be getting in touch with Automotive Passion telling them the problems and asking for another set sent out mate?!

Sorry about that, but hope I’ve helped a bit

Thanks it helps. Mine look quite different, looks like they’ve sent me the wrong ones.

Thanks it helps. Mine look quite different, looks like they’ve sent me the wrong ones.

They look the right shape... just not finished off properly?! Yea its better to get the right things mate than try and adapt them yourself

The tears have arrived from Reviere today... hopefully get round to fitting them tomorrow

@AudiNutta Any chance of a couple of photos of your rears please mate if you get chance? Of in the arch’s just so I get an idea how they have used their ‘fitting kit’ :icon thumright: cheers

The tears have arrived from Reviere today... hopefully get round to fitting them tomorrow

@AudiNutta Any chance of a couple of photos of your rears please mate if you get chance? Of in the arch’s just so I get an idea how they have used their ‘fitting kit’ :icon thumright: cheers

Of course :)

Pretty simple, the nylon spacers go between the guard and the arch liner, if one if angled then figure out which position it sits best in. I haven’t had mine off since, so couldn’t tell you any more I’m afraid. The position of the screws on mine lined up exactly where the original screws are in the arch liner, not sure if they’ve done the same on the Saloon.. so their screws are just a replacement.

c98b48c175a358048e80abb85f27eea3.jpg

009dc7dbe7dbcfbea64dc95fafafdfdb.jpg

0d17e9ab83eb2fd8f2f8e5fa64a6062d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet, much appreciated mate :icon thumright:

Looks like it’ll be a pretty similar job on the saloon... they supplied 2 rivets for each side, I’ve got a rivet gun but I think I’ll use some screws instead, the same as yours!

Good weather tomorrow afternoon and I’ll get fitting them after work and a couple of photo up for those interested

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan
Rear stone guards now fitted... pretty easy to do, just a couple of screws on each side

Here’s what was sent by Revier...

9A467D80 3E29 4F9D 97B7 5C90FDEA3C60

And a quick could of fitted photos...

EBFDC696 78DA 4696 AFE8 6D66302CFCC3

903FEF50 B225 4A93 B195 ADE3F3933B7A

Not sure whether to remove the black bit of trim from about them now or not? It’s only help in place by 1 screw and some 3M tape?!

They are identical to the fronts really... not the most noticeable of additions, but there more to serve a purpose :icon thumright:

(Will get some better photos when the cars had a good clean again too)

@AudiNutta can't beat a few bits of carbon tat here and there eh mate haha

Last edited:
Rear stone guards now fitted... pretty easy to do, just a couple of screws on each side

Here’s what was sent by Revier...

View attachment 167944

And a quick could of fitted photos...

View attachment 167945

View attachment 167946

Not sure whether to remove the black bit of trim from about them now or not? It’s only help in place by 1 screw and some 3M tape?!

They are identical to the fronts really... not the most noticeable of additions, but there more to serve a purpose :icon thumright:

(Will get some better photos when the cars had a good clean again too)

@AudiNutta can't beat a few bits of carbon tat here and there eh mate haha

Looks brilliant Phil!! Nice to see somebody else getting into the all 4 corner tat clan.

I don’t know if I’d rather with or without now, it’s there for a purpose but I think it just works.

Sorry if I’ve totally hijacked this thread :seenoevil:...

...been tinkering with the rear stone guards this afternoon, turning the screw holes into slots so I have more play to position them (slots hidden by the supplied black washers)

Soooo now I have them at the exact same angle and measurement protruding out from the bodywork as the front :grinning: pleased my OCD as I knew they looked a little off before :tearsofjoy:

@Slowracer Have you had any news about yours? Hope you’re in the process of getting them sorted mate

@Slowracer Have you had any news about yours? Hope you’re in the process of getting them sorted mate

Apparently I hit the button on the hatch version and not sedan (my bad I think). Anyway they have agreed to swap them so they’re on their way back to UK. So hopefully I should have the correct ones in a couple of weeks.

I’ll try and stay away from any rough roads in the meantime, but I do also have PPF strips protecting the bottom of my doors.

Apparently I hit the button on the hatch version and not sedan (my bad I think). Anyway they have agreed to swap them so they’re on their way back to UK. So hopefully I should have the correct ones in a couple of weeks.

I’ll try and stay away from any rough roads in the meantime, but I do also have PPF strips protecting the bottom of my doors.

This is becoming a saga. I got the new set of spats the other day and the shape is the same as your Phil but they only have 3 holes drilled for the clips, the 4th hole is missing. Ie, the second hole from the bottom :(

What do you think I should do, try to drill a hole or send them back. I’ve already spent about £28 to get the other ones back and new ones sent to me.

Im just concerned about drilling the hole myself. I only have a hand drill, it really should be done on a bench drill with sharp bit to get it clean. Its a thin piece of carbon so the risk of the bit catching and damaging it is there. Also To get it in the right spot I’ll have to make a template. A lot of stuffing around for what should be a simple install. :(

It’s been a bad week for mods, I had some springs installed and they came with drama as well, but that’s another story.

This is becoming a saga. I got the new set of spats the other day and the shape is the same as your Phil but they only have 3 holes drilled for the clips, the 4th hole is missing. Ie, the second hole from the bottom :(

What do you think I should do, try to drill a hole or send them back. I’ve already spent about £28 to get the other ones back and new ones sent to me.

Im just concerned about drilling the hole myself. I only have a hand drill, it really should be done on a bench drill with sharp bit to get it clean. Its a thin piece of carbon so the risk of the bit catching and damaging it is there. Also To get it in the right spot I’ll have to make a template. A lot of stuffing around for what should be a simple install. :(

It’s been a bad week for mods, I had some springs installed and they came with drama as well, but that’s another story.
They need returning and the cost of shipping covered by them if it's there mistake.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Ahh what a nightmare for you mate! If you’re wanting to do it yourself... I’d go with a really small drill bit first, 2mm say and then work up with a couple of others... should help to stop any splintering etc

What happened with the springs mate... I’m looking at having some fitted too

They need returning and the cost of shipping covered by them if it's there mistake.

I approached them and they said that’s odd that the Australian car has four mounting points and not three like in the UK. I said I don’t think so, I showed them the picture of Phil’s spats which had the four holes in them and advised that these went on a uk car.
They then came back and said they looked at the wrong picture and recommended I drill the holes and they would give me £10 pounds in compensation.

It’s not the way I would of handled it!!

I approached them and they said that’s odd that the Australian car has four mounting points and not three like in the UK. I said I don’t think so, I showed them the picture of Phil’s spats which had the four holes in them and advised that these went on a uk car.
They then came back and said they looked at the wrong picture and recommended I drill the holes and they would give me £10 pounds in compensation.

It’s not the way I would of handled it!!

That’s really poor service... feel for you here mate! I think I’ve got away lucky with them fitting first time!

As for the return shipping etc, all that should have been covered by them, you shouldn’t have had to pay a penny for their mistake, and mistake... and £10 back is a token gesture to try and end it with no more hassle!

Hopefully you get them done ok and all fitted and looking the part!

If you’re after front ones to match... a company called Reverie can supply them... I’d email them first mentions you want the ones I had made using my template! Really quick and good to deal with to be fair... it’s where AudiNutter had his done