Few new additions to my RS3

If you can get a few pics of how they remove the shark fin I'd be extremely interested. I had my car booked in to have the roof wrapped but we cancelled because of the fin. Not willing at the time to experiment with dropping the headlining!

That’s the only way it can be done I believe mate... bolted from the underneath as was as bonded in place I think

If you can get a few pics of how they remove the shark fin I'd be extremely interested. I had my car booked in to have the roof wrapped but we cancelled because of the fin. Not willing at the time to experiment with dropping the headlining!

I would have thought they could wrap roof and cut out where shark fin is and then fit separate piece over that.

Good point... yeah I do have the pano roof.

All the carbon bits are being done by these guys - https://www.instagram.com/automotivepassion1/ and I'll be having them fitted at Torques Performance on @AudiNutta's recommendation.

Just noticed their Instagram have a few photons of the splash guards fitted to a Nardo RS3... have you got your ordered mate? They don’t seem to be on their website to buy? Just normal A3 ones

Just noticed their Instagram have a few photons of the splash guards fitted to a Nardo RS3... have you got your ordered mate? They don’t seem to be on their website to buy? Just normal A3 ones

Been in touch with them... should be having the splash guards sent out today haha

Been in touch with them... should be having the splash guards sent out today haha

Mixed reviews about this guy, I’ve been speaking to him.

He only sells the fronts and says you can’t put any on the rear which is a load of rubbish as I had mine fitted to the rear.

Mine are totally different though and were custom made but fitted to the rear simply using a plastic spacer to bridge the step between the arch and the edge of the bumper

Reactions: Phil3
Mixed reviews about this guy, I’ve been speaking to him.

He only sells the fronts and says you can’t put any on the rear which is a load of rubbish as I had mine fitted to the rear.

Mine are totally different though and were custom made but fitted to the rear simply using a plastic spacer to bridge the step between the arch and the edge of the bumper

I can only give them a try mate... he said to me they haven’t made rears as they didn’t look right when they tried them!?

The company you used? Have they made any since? and for a saloon? or do you know of any others?

Lets hope they work well, I just ordered a set after phil endorsed them :icon thumright:

I’d actually be happy with some gloss black ones but I guess the carbon is almost black and they’re small enough not to notice. I’ll post some pics when I get them whic may be a while for Australia.

But in the meantime I’ll stop reading this thread as it can get expensive.:semi twins:

Reactions: Phil3, NevMan and AudiNutta
I can only give them a try mate... he said to me they haven’t made rears as they didn’t look right when they tried them!?

The company you used? Have they made any since? and for a saloon? or do you know of any others?

Hopefully all will be ok, look forward to seeing pictures :)

Didn’t look right :lmfao: okay then... Some pictures of mine attached... they don’t look any more right or wrong to the fronts.

I used a company called Reverie, had to go there and they can reproduce the ones made for my car now by postal order but none for the saloon as far as I’m aware. They will make any carbon pieces to order if you can supply a drawing.

05fa69816d6e291f27b0f739e08d0e37.jpg

d0dcbfb3712fe4959e22bcb678157265.jpg

1505c209b121ea78a91b14342366683e.jpg

9e07f3e479bff44b8b7c9de5585064d0.jpg

160e8a5a9fb4e94a888c5b79a4780279.jpg

a2b5a4ba122e9ad38e3e1d3ada26f3c6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinky1959
@Slowracer Did you order a set from AutomotivePassion too mate... they told me I was buying the last set and they would be anymore for a good while haha

Fingers crossed they’ll work well and look the part too!

@AudiNutta Yea that’s what they said about the rears... personally I think rears work/look just as good like you’ve said... that’s the problem I’ve got though, with living miles and miles away from anywhere that does this type of think, I can’t really have my car used as a template so need someone else to offer their Saloon up first haha! After fitting the front I may try and get a drawing together myself for rears?!

@Slowracer Did you order a set from AutomotivePassion too mate... they told me I was buying the last set and they would be anymore for a good while haha

@AudiNutta Yea that’s what they said about the rears... personally I think rears work/look just as good like you’ve said... that’s the problem I’ve got though, with living miles and miles away from anywhere that does this type of think, I can’t really have my car used as a template so need someone else to offer their Saloon up first haha! After fitting the front I may try and get a drawing together myself for rears?!

I think @Callump01 was in two minds whether to go and have them made or not, but it’s a 450 mile round trip for him too like it was for myself.

It’s certainly an option to send a drawing, but personally I just wanted to go up myself and discuss options and let them do it. Had I paid £150 for the 4 and they were all over the shop, I’d have been gutted. All he did was put a piece of A4 paper on the inside of the arches and just drew the shape I wanted onto it and then made it up, drilling holes in the correct place when fitting them but I wouldn’t be too keen on drilling holes myself because it can be fragile.

The fronts he wanted to drill into the wing for, but no way on earth was I going to let that happen. Two small holes into the front of the sill is something but even on the inside of the arch, I wasn’t having any metal work drilled so have bonded them with a hot glue gun instead and still easily removed.

There has to be somebody close to them with an RS3 Saloon, I know if somebody asked me to pop half hour down the road to get a template for something I’d be up for that... any excuse for a drive.

@AudiNutta Cheers for the info etc mate... I think depending on the fit etc if the front ones that come (they use the exsisting clips on the arch liner by the looks of it) I’ll possibly get rear ones made off a drawing... same as you’ve said, get a bit of paper/card and cut it into the exact shape I want and mark the holes etc out and go from there

One quick one... does anyone know how the little clips holding the arch liner come out?

Reactions: AudiNutta
@AudiNutta Another quick one if you don’t mind mate... your rear ones, are they a flat sheet that are held to the curve shape when screwed in place? or are they curved to start with?

@AudiNutta Another quick one if you don’t mind mate... your rear ones, are they a flat sheet that are held to the curve shape when screwed in place? or are they curved to start with?

They are flat sheet yes, it’s the shape of the bumper that holds them in a curve because they are pulled in by the screws.

Reactions: NevMan and Phil3
They are flat sheet yes, it’s the shape of the bumper that holds them in a curve because they are pulled in by the screws.

That’s good to know... they must be a bit more flexible than I imagined! Once the front ones come I think I’ll be making a rear template :icon thumright: thanks again mate

what, you took my set! :)

Yes I ordered them on the Automotive Passion website, I didn’t speak to them, let’s see what happens.

what, you took my set! :)

Yes I ordered them on the Automotive Passion website, I didn’t speak to them, let’s see what happens.

haha hopefully we’ll both have a set come early this week mate... I’ve been in touch further trying to push them to make a set for the rear too... it’s looking good :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan
haha hopefully we’ll both have a set come early this week mate... I’ve been in touch further trying to push them to make a set for the rear too... it’s looking good :icon thumright:

He told me that they definitely wont produce a rear set because "it doesn't look right" :wtf:

I had a quote from a place in Weston to have front and rears made and it came out to £350 which is a bit more than I am willing to pay. Hopefully automotive passion see the market and produce the rears!

He told me that they definitely wont produce a rear set because "it doesn't look right" :wtf:

I had a quote from a place in Weston to have front and rears made and it came out to £350 which is a bit more than I am willing to pay. Hopefully automotive passion see the market and produce the rears!

Yea he initially said the same to me about the looks... the more I mensioned rears he said everyone has so he was going to look into making ones “soon”

Reactions: Callump01
They mention the saloon haven’t the same rears... I’m guessing it all else fails I’ll be able to get a set of rears off them as they’re made to order :icon thumright:

They mention the saloon haven’t the same rears... I’m guessing it all else fails I’ll be able to get a set of rears off them as they’re made to order :icon thumright:

They say that the saloon rears are the same which they aren’t, it’s a different shape bumper and they say the fronts are definitely different which is what you guys have all just ordered on here?..

@Callump01 I’ve got the mirrors and spoiler fitted to my Nardo saloon... the spoiler is a real improvement :icon thumright:

View attachment 166446

View attachment 166447

Would be interested to see what the splash guards look like in carbon too... and a price if you’ve got anymore info?

Defo black for the roof too mate! Do you know if they’ll be removing the shark fin to do it or leave it in place?

Do you have a side view of this please?

They say that the saloon rears are the same which they aren’t, it’s a different shape bumper and they say the fronts are definitely different which is what you guys have all just ordered on here?..

Got ya mate :icon thumright:

The front have came today and to be fair the quality it really nice! I’ll try and make time tomorrow to get them fitted

Do you have a side view of this please?

Of the whole car? Or the spoiler mate?

Front stone guesses fitted today from Automotive Passion... really I impressed with them, they use the existing wheel arch clips for a real neat and tidy fit :icon thumright:

Now just to get some rears to match... I’d like them with the same curved profile as I held the fronts up against the rear and they would work will IMO

Reactions: Callump01 and AudiNutta
Front stone guesses fitted today from Automotive Passion... really I impressed with them, they use the existing wheel arch clips for a real neat and tidy fit :icon thumright:

Now just to get some rears to match... I’d like them with the same curved profile as I held the fronts up against the rear and they would work will IMO

Pics please :D

Ease of fitting?

The rivet style clips are a bit awkward to get out... I’d say buy 8 more from Audi before you start then you can just knock the little pins out the middle and remove them easy, then fit new ones

I managed to get 6 out fine but two were a bit more stubborn so could do with a couple of new ones!

If anyone knows the code for the little wheel arch clips or where to find it then that’ll be a real help please haha

I'd be interested to see how it sits on the car as you'd look at it normally, as opposed to from nine inches away. Couple of side shots from a couple metres out maybe, if anyone has the time.

Give me 10 mins mate I’ll try and get a couple... to be honest you don’t really notice them, I like that they’re really subtle and with my alloy’s coming flush with the body work they’ll offer me that extra bit of protection hopefully... plus they're carbon fibre and who doesn’t like that

As said, very subtle! Definitely more a “stone guard” than a traditional “mud flap”

5131A319 E365 41BF AA47 79EA74608E4C

7293B488 62A6 4799 B649 BD61D012A4B1

Quite like it for what it is, but bang for your buck I'm not too sure...

Being carbon fibre and a probably a small batch product I’m guessing puts the price up... for £60 I’m more than pleased with the fronts though :icon thumright:

@T-800 just on the off chance mate, do you know or can you find the part number for these little rivet style clips on the front wheel arch... thanks!

C00BC20D 4414 48F7 8E8D D515D5ACC2C5

expanding nut N 106 213 01

It says qty of 6 per rear lining

Just had a quick google of that number mate... it comes back showing a total different style of clip... the ones I’m after are on the front and only 5 of on each side?

Appreciate the help, thanks :icon thumright: