Few new additions to my RS3

royalsteve68

Reaction score
I will put up some pics later, but added:

- Audi sport number plates (free parts and fitting)
- Genuine Audi metal valves and caps (free parts and fitting)
- Genuine Audi rubber mats - just placed on top of the original mats - look fine except drivers one that's quite small but means the car floor is easier to clean (think they were £60ish)
- Genuine Audi rings lights on rear (Audi Leeds on ebay have them for £60+£2.50 postage, picked them up from Audi Slough...much better than the rrp of approx £120)
- Genuine Audi foldable box £20 (Audi Leeds have them on ebay at £25 + £5 postage. My offer of £20 was accepted. but I picked my up at Audi Slough for £20....much better than the rrp of £46)

Audi Slough have the gecko air freshers for £5 each

Reactions: NevMan and Phil3
Be good to see the photos when you get chance mate... might look at a couple of these for myself too :icon thumright:

Reactions: jimojameso

- Genuine Audi rubber mats - just placed on top of the original mats - look fine except drivers one that's quite small but means the car floor is easier to clean (think they were £60ish)
- Genuine Audi rings lights on rear (Audi Leeds on ebay have them for £60+£2.50 postage, picked them up from Audi Slough...much better than the rrp of approx £120)
- Genuine Audi foldable box £20 (Audi Leeds have them on ebay at £25 + £5 postage. My offer of £20 was accepted. but I picked my up at Audi Slough for £20....much better than the rrp of £46)

Thanks mate, have wanted one of those folding boxes for awhile but too pricey at £46. Will check out ebay

The metal valve caps, be careful!! When you have the active TPMS the valve thread is a difference material and metal caps literally bond right onto them and you will never get them off again and they are £200 a set I believe. It took 2/3 weeks for mine to nearly weld on... now I have these:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/142823649616

The rubber mats, be aware.. they have very stubborn pin like bottoms and they will ruin your carpets. If you put them just on the floor, you will be stuck with the indents for months / forever so I’m just thinking when you pull them up you might be disappointed to find ruined carpet mats below.

The metal valve caps, be careful!! When you have the active TPMS the valve thread is a difference material and metal caps literally bond right onto them and you will never get them off again and they are £200 a set I believe. It took 2/3 weeks for mine to nearly weld on... now I have these:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/142823649616

The rubber mats, be aware.. they have very stubborn pin like bottoms and they will ruin your carpets. If you put them just on the floor, you will be stuck with the indents for months / forever so I’m just thinking when you pull them up you might be disappointed to find ruined carpet mats below.
The valves were put on at the dealer by a chief tech. I trust him, unlike most dealer mechanics lol. Mats are fine.

I don't have active tpms. It was a 300 option. No thanks. Glad I didn't as the sensor lasts about 3 years and costs 500 to replace....wtf

Reactions: NevMan
The valves were put on at the dealer by a chief tech. I trust him, unlike most dealer mechanics lol. Mats are fine.

I’m sure they will be fine then just making sure as it can be an expensive mistake.

I’m glad your mats are ok.

Seconding this. I had metal valve caps on for just over two weeks, then tried to get them off and ended up bringing out the pliers after cutting up my hand trying to twist the b*stards off! The caps with the plastic threading and metal outsides have the best of both worlds I think :icon thumright:

Reactions: Phil3 and NevMan
Yeah, I've had bad experience with alloy / metal valve caps in the past - I always buy plastic now - I have these on my RS3 right now and they look really nice vs the stock plain black ones:

Upload 2018 9 24 19 8 29

Reactions: Pinky1959, AudiNutta, NevMan and 1 other person
:pointup: are they all plastic mate?

:pointup: are they all plastic mate?
Yep, all plastic with a little rubber o-ring inside - got them off ebay - you'll find a few different variations if you search 'plastic RS3 valve caps' - I snipped the picture from ebay, so you'll recognise these :)

Cheers bud! I’ve had trouble with metal caps in the past so these sound like a real winner!

Cheers bud! I’ve had trouble with metal caps in the past so these sound like a real winner!

They are and only £4!!

They do a chrome finish too, but they look as cheap as they are ;)

Only negative note I can give, the other week I had my wheels off for a deep clean and spraying on tar remover has stained the caps white in places :( I did message the chap and he said it’s the first issue he’s had in 6 months of selling them, haven’t gotten around to taking photos to send back get the car has only been out twice in 3 weeks :haudrauf:

Reactions: Phil3
I think you need to print up some little cards AN to warn shop owners that once you buy their product it will break ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: oli356, zaka7, D0C and 1 other person
I think you need to print up some little cards AN to warn shop owners that once you buy their product it will break ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Noooo :( Its bad enough that the 2 local Audi centres pretty much hound me out :lmfao: Gone from first name terms to walking in the total opposite direction. Only favourable if you take rubbish....

But yes, I am a hazard... need a product tester to the extremes? I’m your guy.

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
About product tester mate you sound jinxed to me :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yep, all plastic with a little rubber o-ring inside - got them off ebay - you'll find a few different variations if you search 'plastic RS3 valve caps' - I snipped the picture from ebay, so you'll recognise these :)

Valve caps came today... look the part :icon thumright: will be popping out to fit them later on

Does anyone know how the genuine audi sport number plate surrunds go together / how the plate is held? I've had a few different types of these in the past from different sources, and some are hinged at the top, some just push fit the bottom section etc. I like the look of them as you can get new plates and have no screws showing, but how secure are these, in other words would it be making it easier for a thief to swap the plates? I've seen some that have a 'key' to open them, although these look like a very simple locking mechanism that probably could easily be opened with a screwdriver. Thoughts everyone?

I have these front and back. The front ones I fixed on with counter sunk screws but the rear one is on with 3m tape. The plates are held in by the front surround clicking onto the backing plate, hope this helps mate.

Reactions: c4pete
Does anyone know how the genuine Audi sport number plate surrounds go together / how the plate is held? I've had a few different types of these in the past from different sources, and some are hinged at the top, some just push fit the bottom section etc. I like the look of them as you can get new plates and have no screws showing, but how secure are these, in other words would it be making it easier for a thief to swap the plates? I've seen some that have a 'key' to open them, although these look like a very simple locking mechanism that probably could easily be opened with a screwdriver. Thoughts everyone?
I have one of these on the rear, and the surround is obv. screwed onto the body/boot lid, however the surround just holds the plate by hinging closed, no key or anything, but tbh any thief could easily steal any plate, as most just slide in/out of holder or are stuck on anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it and just get one mate. Depending on your model, be careful with getting front one, as can interfere with parking sensors.
Cardiff Audi do great deal on these on eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...m=172388029015&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

Reactions: c4pete and Phil3
Yea pop plate in and then it clips together along the bottom edge...

...worried about people swapping plates etc is a bit of funny one... even if they had 4 screws or etc or help their by other methods, it’s still only a couple of minute job for you or anyone else to swap/tamper with them

Reactions: NevMan and c4pete
Yea pop plate in and then it clips together along the bottom edge...

...worried about people swapping plates etc is a bit of funny one... even if they had 4 screws or etc or help their by other methods, it’s still only a couple of minute job for you or anyone else to swap/tamper with them
Hey Phil... I've currently swapped my number plate screws for security head screws, so can't be removed without the correct bit - should have said that in my post above - I know I'm paranoid, but in my view anything that makes it harder for anyone to steal the car is good!

Reactions: DW81 and Phil3
aluminium/plastic plates? Either way, they could just place "other plates" over your and drive off and remove/rip off later. Think you are being a bit paranoid. I would invest in anti theft device like ghost (if you won't have one) as opposed to worrying about this

aluminium/plastic plates? Either way, they could just place "other plates" over your and drive off and remove/rip off later. Think you are being a bit paranoid. I would invest in anti theft device like ghost (if you won't have one) as opposed to worrying about this
Yeah, you're right, I need to stop being so paranoid and just enjoy the car!!! :thumbs up:

And some car it is to enjoy...

Reactions: DW81
Just picked up some Audi carbon mirror caps (8V0072530C) which should look good coupled with Nardo. Picked them up slightly earlier than I expected as some absolute tw*t in an A4 S-Line smashed my mirror and broke all the clips when speeding past me yesterday... going down the police route now for failure to stop. Anyway, I will throw some pics up for you all when they arrive; also have a few other custom dry carbon fibre bits in the works which I hope to show off shortly such as a larger spoiler.

@Callump01 I'm very interested to see what the carbon bits look like :yes:

Can anyone post a pic or two of the audi sport number plate surrounds fitted to their car? Just interested to see what they look like. Think I will go for metal pressed plates, anyone have that combo? Cheers!

Can anyone post a pic or two of the audi sport number plate surrounds fitted to their car? Just interested to see what they look like. Think I will go for metal pressed plates, anyone have that combo? Cheers!

Should look good mate, I'm also looking at getting some carbon fibre splash guards and a front flip made and I'm also booked in to have my roof wrapped, but I am not sure whether to go 6D Carbon fibre wrap to match the rear spoiler, or just have it wrapped black. Want to avoid it looking cheap if possible.

This was the spoiler design they sent over to me -

1KizYtD.jpg

It's basically a clone of the A3 spoiler you can get (8V50716453Q0) but made with proper carbon fibre and not laminated sheet.

Expensive month :icon thumright:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinky1959

here you go, but sorry, not metal pressed plate:

Upload 2018 9 28 13 19 38

@Callump01 I’ve got the mirrors and spoiler fitted to my Nardo saloon... the spoiler is a real improvement :icon thumright:

827DF489 9F4E 47CB B049 72CF59F0F96B

558A9BD4 1596 4875 8E23 823629ECE07C

Would be interested to see what the splash guards look like in carbon too... and a price if you’ve got anymore info?

Defo black for the roof too mate! Do you know if they’ll be removing the shark fin to do it or leave it in place?

Reactions: c4pete and Callump01
@Callump01 I’ve got the mirrors and spoiler fitted to my Nardo saloon... the spoiler is a real improvement :icon thumright:

View attachment 166446

View attachment 166447

Would be interested to see what the splash guards look like in carbon too... and a price if you’ve got anymore info?

Defo black for the roof too mate! Do you know if they’ll be removing the shark fin to do it or leave it in place?

Those look amazing mate :icon thumright:

Haven't got a price for the splash guards yet, but it should be under £150 for 100% carbon I reckon.

I'd like to see if they can leave the shark fin in place when wrapping the roof, but if it needs to be removed then so be it. I may get a couple of sample vinyl strips for the roof and see how I like them in person... I think the 6D version wont look too bad coupled with the spoiler.

CarbonAll_zps4ibzsv8j.gif

Reactions: Phil3
The 5D and 6D look like they are as close to carbon fibre as possible... definitely got the shine to them too

Have you a pano roof? I think gloss black might match the black glass better if you do... my plan eventually is to have the back third of the roof done gloss black

Sounds good for the splash guards mate :icon thumright: where is it you’re getting them made? Will you be fitting them yourself?

Should look good mate, I'm also looking at getting some carbon fibre splash guards and a front flip made and I'm also booked in to have my roof wrapped, but I am not sure whether to go 6D Carbon fibre wrap to match the rear spoiler, or just have it wrapped black. Want to avoid it looking cheap if possible.

This was the spoiler design they sent over to me -

1KizYtD.jpg

It's basically a clone of the A3 spoiler you can get (8V50716453Q0) but made with proper carbon fibre and not laminated sheet.

Expensive month :icon thumright:
I reckon gloss black for the roof mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: Callump01
The 5D and 6D look like they are as close to carbon fibre as possible... definitely got the shine to them too

Have you a pano roof? I think gloss black might match the black glass better if you do... my plan eventually is to have the back third of the roof done gloss black

Sounds good for the splash guards mate :icon thumright: where is it you’re getting them made? Will you be fitting them yourself?

I reckon gloss black for the roof mate :icon thumright:

Good point... yeah I do have the pano roof.

All the carbon bits are being done by these guys - https://www.instagram.com/automotivepassion1/ and I'll be having them fitted at Torques Performance on @AudiNutta's recommendation.

Reactions: NevMan and Callump01

Only normal Acrylic Plastic Plates, hope it helps.

Audi number plate holder

I'd like to see if they can leave the shark fin in place when wrapping the roof, but if it needs to be removed then so be it.

If you can get a few pics of how they remove the shark fin I'd be extremely interested. I had my car booked in to have the roof wrapped but we cancelled because of the fin. Not willing at the time to experiment with dropping the headlining!