1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few new additions to my RS3

royalsteve68 Sep 23, 2018

1. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ara Blue Audi RS3 Audi S3

I will put up some pics later, but added:

- Audi sport number plates (free parts and fitting)
    - Genuine Audi metal valves and caps (free parts and fitting)
    - Genuine Audi rubber mats - just placed on top of the original mats - look fine except drivers one that's quite small but means the car floor is easier to clean (think they were £60ish)
    - Genuine Audi rings lights on rear (Audi Leeds on ebay have them for £60+£2.50 postage, picked them up from Audi Slough...much better than the rrp of approx £120)
    - Genuine Audi foldable box £20 (Audi Leeds have them on ebay at £25 + £5 postage. My offer of £20 was accepted. but I picked my up at Audi Slough for £20....much better than the rrp of £46)

Audi Slough have the gecko air freshers for £5 each

q5man and Phil3 like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Phil3

Phil3 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 Saloon

Be good to see the photos when you get chance mate... might look at a couple of these for myself too :icon thumright:

jimojameso likes this.
  4. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

Thanks mate, have wanted one of those folding boxes for awhile but too pricey at £46. Will check out ebay

5. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Well-Known Member Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Sportback

The metal valve caps, be careful!! When you have the active TPMS the valve thread is a difference material and metal caps literally bond right onto them and you will never get them off again and they are £200 a set I believe. It took 2/3 weeks for mine to nearly weld on... now I have these:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/142823649616

The rubber mats, be aware.. they have very stubborn pin like bottoms and they will ruin your carpets. If you put them just on the floor, you will be stuck with the indents for months / forever so I’m just thinking when you pull them up you might be disappointed to find ruined carpet mats below.

6. royalsteve68

The valves were put on at the dealer by a chief tech. I trust him, unlike most dealer mechanics lol. Mats are fine.

7. royalsteve68

Ffs can't upload the images as too large. Can't be bothered to resize them.

8. royalsteve68

I don't have active tpms. It was a 300 option. No thanks. Glad I didn't as the sensor lasts about 3 years and costs 500 to replace....wtf

q5man likes this.
  9. AudiNutta

I’m sure they will be fine then just making sure as it can be an expensive mistake.

I’m glad your mats are ok.

10. Callump01

Callump01 Active Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 quattro Saloon

Seconding this. I had metal valve caps on for just over two weeks, then tried to get them off and ended up bringing out the pliers after cutting up my hand trying to twist the b*stards off! The caps with the plastic threading and metal outsides have the best of both worlds I think :icon thumright:

Phil3 and q5man like this.
  11. c4pete

c4pete Member

Yeah, I've had bad experience with alloy / metal valve caps in the past - I always buy plastic now - I have these on my RS3 right now and they look really nice vs the stock plain black ones:

upload_2018-9-24_19-8-29.png

12. Avatar

13. Phil3

:pointup: are they all plastic mate?

14. c4pete

c4pete Member

Yep, all plastic with a little rubber o-ring inside - got them off ebay - you'll find a few different variations if you search 'plastic RS3 valve caps' - I snipped the picture from ebay, so you'll recognise these :)

q5man likes this.
  15. Phil3

Cheers bud! I’ve had trouble with metal caps in the past so these sound like a real winner!

16. AudiNutta

They are and only £4!!

They do a chrome finish too, but they look as cheap as they are ;)

Only negative note I can give, the other week I had my wheels off for a deep clean and spraying on tar remover has stained the caps white in places :( I did message the chap and he said it’s the first issue he’s had in 6 months of selling them, haven’t gotten around to taking photos to send back get the car has only been out twice in 3 weeks :haudrauf:

Phil3 likes this.
  17. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

I think you need to print up some little cards AN to warn shop owners that once you buy their product it will break ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

oli356, zaka7, D0C and 1 other person like this.
  18. AudiNutta

Noooo :( Its bad enough that the 2 local Audi centres pretty much hound me out :lmfao: Gone from first name terms to walking in the total opposite direction. Only favourable if you take rubbish....

But yes, I am a hazard... need a product tester to the extremes? I’m your guy.

terminator x and q5man like this.
  19. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

About product tester mate you sound jinxed to me :tearsofjoy:

AudiNutta likes this.
  20. AudiNutta

:shrug: :icon thumright:

q5man likes this.
  21. Phil3

Valve caps came today... look the part :icon thumright: will be popping out to fit them later on

22. c4pete

c4pete Member

Does anyone know how the genuine audi sport number plate surrunds go together / how the plate is held? I've had a few different types of these in the past from different sources, and some are hinged at the top, some just push fit the bottom section etc. I like the look of them as you can get new plates and have no screws showing, but how secure are these, in other words would it be making it easier for a thief to swap the plates? I've seen some that have a 'key' to open them, although these look like a very simple locking mechanism that probably could easily be opened with a screwdriver. Thoughts everyone?

q5man likes this.
  23. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

I have these front and back. The front ones I fixed on with counter sunk screws but the rear one is on with 3m tape. The plates are held in by the front surround clicking onto the backing plate, hope this helps mate.

c4pete likes this.
  24. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

I have one of these on the rear, and the surround is obv. screwed onto the body/boot lid, however the surround just holds the plate by hinging closed, no key or anything, but tbh any thief could easily steal any plate, as most just slide in/out of holder or are stuck on anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it and just get one mate. Depending on your model, be careful with getting front one, as can interfere with parking sensors.
    Cardiff Audi do great deal on these on eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...m=172388029015&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

c4pete and Phil3 like this.
  25. Phil3

Yea pop plate in and then it clips together along the bottom edge...

...worried about people swapping plates etc is a bit of funny one... even if they had 4 screws or etc or help their by other methods, it’s still only a couple of minute job for you or anyone else to swap/tamper with them

q5man and c4pete like this.
  26. c4pete

c4pete Member

Hey Phil... I've currently swapped my number plate screws for security head screws, so can't be removed without the correct bit - should have said that in my post above - I know I'm paranoid, but in my view anything that makes it harder for anyone to steal the car is good!

DW81 and Phil3 like this.
  27. q5man

aluminium/plastic plates? Either way, they could just place "other plates" over your and drive off and remove/rip off later. Think you are being a bit paranoid. I would invest in anti theft device like ghost (if you won't have one) as opposed to worrying about this

c4pete likes this.
  28. c4pete

c4pete Member

Yeah, you're right, I need to stop being so paranoid and just enjoy the car!!! :thumbs up:

q5man likes this.
  29. q5man

And some car it is to enjoy...

DW81 likes this.
  30. Phil3

Yep, get out there and just enjoy it mate :icon thumright:

31. Callump01

Just picked up some Audi carbon mirror caps (8V0072530C) which should look good coupled with Nardo. Picked them up slightly earlier than I expected as some absolute tw*t in an A4 S-Line smashed my mirror and broke all the clips when speeding past me yesterday... going down the police route now for failure to stop. Anyway, I will throw some pics up for you all when they arrive; also have a few other custom dry carbon fibre bits in the works which I hope to show off shortly such as a larger spoiler.

32. c4pete

c4pete Member

@Callump01 I'm very interested to see what the carbon bits look like :yes:

Can anyone post a pic or two of the audi sport number plate surrounds fitted to their car? Just interested to see what they look like. Think I will go for metal pressed plates, anyone have that combo? Cheers!

33. Avatar

34. Callump01

Should look good mate, I'm also looking at getting some carbon fibre splash guards and a front flip made and I'm also booked in to have my roof wrapped, but I am not sure whether to go 6D Carbon fibre wrap to match the rear spoiler, or just have it wrapped black. Want to avoid it looking cheap if possible.

This was the spoiler design they sent over to me -

[​IMG]

It's basically a clone of the A3 spoiler you can get (8V50716453Q0) but made with proper carbon fibre and not laminated sheet.

Expensive month :icon thumright:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Pinky1959 likes this.
  35. q5man

here you go, but sorry, not metal pressed plate:

upload_2018-9-28_13-19-38.png

c4pete likes this.
  36. Phil3

@Callump01 I’ve got the mirrors and spoiler fitted to my Nardo saloon... the spoiler is a real improvement :icon thumright:

827DF489-9F4E-47CB-B049-72CF59F0F96B.jpeg

558A9BD4-1596-4875-8E23-823629ECE07C.jpeg

Would be interested to see what the splash guards look like in carbon too... and a price if you’ve got anymore info?

Defo black for the roof too mate! Do you know if they’ll be removing the shark fin to do it or leave it in place?

c4pete and Callump01 like this.
  37. Callump01

Those look amazing mate :icon thumright:

Haven't got a price for the splash guards yet, but it should be under £150 for 100% carbon I reckon.

I'd like to see if they can leave the shark fin in place when wrapping the roof, but if it needs to be removed then so be it. I may get a couple of sample vinyl strips for the roof and see how I like them in person... I think the 6D version wont look too bad coupled with the spoiler.

[​IMG]

Phil3 likes this.
  38. Phil3

The 5D and 6D look like they are as close to carbon fibre as possible... definitely got the shine to them too

Have you a pano roof? I think gloss black might match the black glass better if you do... my plan eventually is to have the back third of the roof done gloss black

Sounds good for the splash guards mate :icon thumright: where is it you’re getting them made? Will you be fitting them yourself?

q5man likes this.
  39. q5man

I reckon gloss black for the roof mate :icon thumright:

Callump01 likes this.
  40. Callump01

Good point... yeah I do have the pano roof.

All the carbon bits are being done by these guys - https://www.instagram.com/automotivepassion1/ and I'll be having them fitted at Torques Performance on @AudiNutta's recommendation.

q5man likes this.
  41. Phil3

Nice... keep us updated with how they are coming along, I’ll be in for some of these once they have them!

q5man and Callump01 like this.
  42. deepy

deepy Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 Sportback

Only normal Acrylic Plastic Plates, hope it helps.

Audi number plate holder.jpg

43. Toshers

Toshers Active Member Team Nardo TFSI Owners Group Audi RS3

If you can get a few pics of how they remove the shark fin I'd be extremely interested. I had my car booked in to have the roof wrapped but we cancelled because of the fin. Not willing at the time to experiment with dropping the headlining!

q5man likes this.