Festival of speed - Audi no show wtf

royalsteve68

Reaction score
went to festival of speed today, I actually think it’s not as good now as about 15 years ago. No music stage. Thing I couldn’t believe is that Audi weren’t there, just a small Audi sport for Audi life car and that’s it. Just shocking, every other brand was there, Ford, Citroen, Alfa, Toyota, vw, etc....bmw had three massive stands as did Mercedes.

Sales at reading audi said they would have a stand with the Etron and etron gt.

Event was a bit of a wash out, bit disorganised and too commercial for my liking, like a lot of events nowadays.

Saw some nice motors including a 1962 Ferrari 250 gto, which unless I am mistaken was worth £58 million a year ago.

Still, had a pretty good time.

Reactions: Dunedin
I went Friday and it seemed that Audi just had the R8 there, most disappointing.

I recently changed to a BM (no haters) and got an invite to their VIP area. Spent most of the afternoon there as it had a great view of the hill climb.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
I went Friday and it seemed that Audi just had the R8 there, most disappointing.

I recently changed to a BM (no haters) and got an invite to their VIP area. Spent most of the afternoon there as it had a great view of the hill climb.

TX.

Yeh saw the bmw areas, 3 in total. Standard bmw stand, m power stand which I presume was the one you were in and the huge courtyard showcase are where the unveiled the m8 cabrio, very nice but still not much space inside and huge price tag at £130k plus options, so easily £150k plus.

Yeh saw the bmw areas, 3 in total. Standard bmw stand, m power stand which I presume was the one you were in and the huge courtyard showcase are where the unveiled the m8 cabrio, very nice but still not much space inside and huge price tag at £130k plus options, so easily £150k plus.
Yeah seems expensive. Sounded good going up the hill though ;)

TX.

Agree with you. I remember a few years ago Audi having a very big stand. This year as last I was a guest on the BMW stand. Was a great view of the hill climb too. Talking with the BMW team they had just negotiated a new lease on the stand areas for the next few years. So I hope that Audi will not be absent for a few years. Best fun of the day was ribbing the Toyota guys by pointing out all the BMW logos on the new zupra.. the shut the engine bay very quickly. Could not resist it.