Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads

DJ-S3

Reaction score
Is it me or are they nearly impossible to find for a Audi S3 8P?

I've only found one site, surely there must be more than just one site....?

Also i am right in thinking there a direct replacement for my originals and won't throw any warnings on the dash?

Just trying to find some new pads as mine have started sqeeling like mad now.

Dom

Just moved from DS2500s to Mintex 1155s here,and along with new rotors,much improved brake feel.

Just been to check the pads (with a tiny mirror from the other half) before i spent over a hundred pounds and the fronts look fine. Quite a lot of pad left until the groove around the pad. The rears don't look to have much, if anything left. Infact I can't see a groove. Looks like its the rears. Just going to put oem on the rears as they don't do much of the braking.

I am a bit confused though as it sounded like the squeeling was coming from the fronts rather than the rears... Only ever made a noise when I applied the brakes. I've done loads of reversing to make sure it wasn't a pebble or grit but it was still there. Think I'll have to get someone to stand outside whilst I pull up next to them. See what they say.

do the mintex 1155 squel much and the ds25500?
In a word....No.
Ive used the following on my car:
Stock pads with stock brakes....OK,but fade fairly rapidly.
EBC Redstuff and stock brakes....awful....squeal like pigs and no improvement in braking.
Ferodo DS2500 pads and VWR brake kit...generally much better than stock but lacking feel....no squeal though
Mintex 1155 pads and AP rotors...much better feel,no squeal either

Reactions: KentKid
In a word....No.
EBC Redstuff and stock brakes....awful....squeal like pigs and no improvement in braking.
Ferodo DS2500 pads and VWR brake kit...generally much better than stock but lacking feel....no squeal though

Glad ive come upon this, i've just had my service and my brakes were ****** so ive had them changed. I gave them free range just with the instruction to improve them. They've fitted EBC slotted disks and Redstuff bads and as above the squeel like a b****. Its done my head in after a weekend of driving where do i stand in asking them to replace the pads with something thats not made out of crackling?

Glad ive come upon this, i've just had my service and my brakes were ****** so ive had them changed. I gave them free range just with the instruction to improve them. They've fitted EBC slotted disks and Redstuff bads and as above the squeel like a b****. Its done my head in after a weekend of driving where do i stand in asking them to replace the pads with something thats not made out of crackling?
I'm sorry you got this problem as well.
Mine were properly fitted and adjusted and squealed from day one,even after a further attempt by AMD to shut the ****** things up.
I was truly glad to see the back of them,but if I were you,I would go back,get them to drive it,and hear for themselves before they try to say it's acceptable.

Just been to buy some rear brake pads and my reg plate came up with two types of brake pads. One with a spring on the top of it, and one without... I bought the one without, hope I'm right?? I can take it back if not.

In a word....No.

Thanks for this Alex.

I'm booked in with AMD next Monday to have my brake pads replaced.

I'm getting the Mintex 1155 brake pads up front, with standard Mintex brake pads rear.

A friend of mine with a tuned Ford Focus ST recommended getting EBC Yellowstuff brake pads all round, but after reading your comments on the Redstuff brake pads, I think I'll stick with getting the Mintex brake pads...

Reactions: S3Alex
A little bit ot....

But fitting my S3 brakes, I noticed the pads are the same as my standard tdi pads. In the sense they are the sane size, and fit.
I'm assuming material conpound is different?

Anyone ever looked into this? Do they list 2500 for tdi, same part number? Cost?

S3 pads are remarkably similar in appearance to ordinary Golf/GTI pads but they're not the same.
I've even seen catalogues that list them as being the same,or don't list them for the S3 at all.
I've had "experts" tell me they are,but ,trust me they're just different enough to jam in the caliper......
The correct front pad [FERODO 2500] is FCP1765H.
The Golf/GTI pads are FCP1641H from memory.
You should be able to cross reference other brands from this.
Cheers
Len

Last edited:
Thanks for this Alex.

I'm booked in with AMD next Monday to have my brake pads replaced.

I'm getting the Mintex 1155 brake pads up front, with standard Mintex brake pads rear.

A friend of mine with a tuned Ford Focus ST recommended getting EBC Yellowstuff brake pads all round, but after reading your comments on the Redstuff brake pads, I think I'll stick with getting the Mintex brake pads...

Hi there.

The EBC things just did not work for me,but I know some people like them.

The Mintexs seem just fine on the brake setup I've got,and I hope it does as well for you.