***FEEDBACK FOR STAFFORD AUDI ***

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score

First I would like to say a huge thanks to the Swansway Group for allowing members of audi-sport.net to have our members visit your dealership. Huge Thank go to Head of Business Kevin Cunliffe for hosting this event. Thanks to Leah Pitt (Marketing Executive) For all your help organising the event. Thanks in advance to Andy Poole, I know you will look after all our members as you have done in previous event. Thank you to all the staff from Stafford Audi who will be there on the day looking after everyone.

Can all attendees of this event please leave me some feedback of your day on here and also leave a review on the link below.
Many thanks.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/showcase/stafford-audi.106/

Reactions: jojo, Ghost, 45bvtc and 3 others
Hi all got to say what a super dealership Swansway group giving us the chance to drive these cars. Stafford Audi very welcoming as usual. First car of the day we have chosen is the Little Audi A1 1.0 ltr Turbo, super little mini very responsive and feels super smooth to drive, this has fantastic options LCD dash and built in screen that is huge and great for the sat nav.

Were now in the Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 3.0 ltr V6 Diesel, torque is amazing really pulls with no effort at all, again LCD dash super smooth to drive and planted, really enjoying the day so far.

Next is the Audi Q3 quite a different ride being a lot higher compared to the previous cars, very quiet and comfortable drive probably due to the night seating position. Again these demonstrators having the LCD dash and Sat Nav on large screens super easy to read. Road handling is very good for its size and grips well into the bends again an enjoyable ride.

Next up is the huge Audi Q7 what a beast, huge and high up and what a joy to drive, definitely the perfect motorway cruiser nice and effortless drive again. Definitely enjoying the views with the height advantage of this car, feels like it has a great presence on the road with bags of torque to get you moving. No idea who was in it before us but were currently listening to Westlife . Usual amazing LCD dash and 3D real world Sat Nav, really enjoying this car.

Last edited:
Reactions: jojo, THQuattro, Ghost and 4 others
Hi all got to say what a super dealership Swansway group giving us the chance to drive these cars. Stafford Audi very welcoming as usual. First car of the day we have chosen is the Little Audi A1 1.0 ltr Turbo, super little mini very responsive and feels super smooth to drive, this has fantastic options LCD dash and built in screen that is huge and great for the sat nav.

Were now in the Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 3.0 ltr V6 Diesel, torque is amazing really pulls with no effort at all, again LCD dash super smooth to drive and planted, really enjoying the day so far.

Next is the Audi Q3 quite a different ride being a lot higher compared to the previous cars, very quiet and comfortable drive probably due to the night seating position. Again these demonstrators having the LCD dash and Sat Nav on large screens super easy to read. Road handling is very good for its size and grips well into the bends again an enjoyable ride.

Next up is the huge Audi Q7 what a beast, huge and high up and what a joy to drive, definitely the perfect motorway cruiser nice and effortless drive again. Definitely enjoying the views with the height advantage of this car, feels like it has a great presence on the road with bags of torque to get you moving. No idea who was in it before us but were currently listening to Westlife . Usual amazing LCD dash and 3D real world Sat Nav, really enjoying this car.

Next up a break for lunch where Stafford Audi generously put out a great spread very tasty, especially with the selection of mini cakes which were very addictive.

On to the next car the Audi A7 Quattro 3.0 ltr a beautiful car packed with technology like lane warning a fantastic parking assist set up, have to say it’s surprisingly fantastic body control for such a big car, really holds the road well and pulls like a train. A pure joy to be in and feels well suited to country lanes as the smaller cars with the great handling it has, very refined car completely impressed.

Reactions: jojo, THQuattro, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Well just been out for our final test drive and we saved the most mental car till last, the Audi RS5 wow what a weapon that thing is like a ballistic missile, terrifies you as a passenger it’s so fast lol. It just eats up the road like a starving child in a sweet shop. This car is so planted and stiff it takes the bends like it’s on rails, best handling car of the day. Have to say that gear change is instant really pulls you hard on just the briefest bit of acceleration. True RS power.

Have to say a massive thank you to Andy and Joe and the staff at Stafford Audi for being fantastic hosts and providing all the answers we ask, both very knowledgeable about the brand a true asset to the company. We were greeted as we arrived and provided with as much as we can eat and drink all day.

We were able to access all areas of the dealership and impressed how clean and tidy the workshop area is, even the tools have there own little places to be hung, my OCD loved that lol.

Having been to Stafford before I know how they pull out all the stops so I knew we were in for an awesome day before we got there.

Again a massive thank you for the time and effort the staff put in for us.

Also we were treated to a great freebie pack and car cleaning kit which I’m absolutely gobsmacked at such a kind gesture.

Also just to add massive thanks to the time and effort Sandra has put in to organise these events for us, you really go out of your way to make us all happy so Thank you Sandra your a star.

Reactions: THQuattro, Ghost, RS3copilot and 4 others
Had a fantastic day today at Stafford Audi.

Picked my wife Cherie up straight from work after doing a night shift and headed for Stafford. Arrived a little later than the others and heard voices from upstairs. We found everyone after following the Audi Sport signs where Andy Poole was signing everyone on. The cakes were a nice surprise as were the sandwiches later as we were not expecting any food.

I managed to drive three Audis, the A1, A6 and the RS5 and out of all I was most impressed by the A1. I think the RS5 is a little overrated and i'm not a fan of the new A6's styling. Looking forward now to the S1 when it's released.

My favourite car from the day was the red A6 which I arrived in which I bought from Stafford Audi 3 years ago from Andy Poole.

Speaking of Andy, Cherie and I have to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU for organising the cars, the refreshments and the gifts, we had a great time.

Thank you also to Sandra for organising the visit, already looking forward to the next one.

Reactions: UmarA6, THQuattro, Ghost and 3 others
Stafford Audi ASN meeting 27th January 2019 just brilliant!

A truly amazing day at Stafford Audi; mega thanks to Sandra, and Andy Poole, and ALL the staff of Stafford Audi.

An incredibly GREAT day! Huge thanks to Stafford Audi for providing machinery and staff to accommodate audi-sport.net contributors. Huge thanks to Sandra without whom none of this would have been possible. And HUGE thanks to Andy Poole who worked tirelessly, again, to ensure everyone had a 'drive' in anything and everything they desired.

And Joanne; let's all applaud Joanne for non-motoring services, perfect and brilliant!

The morning began with Andy Poole apologising for the lack of RS cars but with a comprehensive explanation of the WTLP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure) ongoing requirements which, having been responsible for the implementation of the 1993 equivalent I totally appreciated.

My own objective was to run an SQ5 over those local Staffordshire roads (pot-hole/drop-grid/broken-surface) roads we use thrice weekly and know each-and-every undulation well. But, the first set-of-keys available were for the 286bhp diesel Q5; ok, if we must. This machine was a revelation, just stunning. The thing just PULLED from low engine rpm, was quiet (is this truly a diesel?), rode as if Staffordshire tarmac was 100% Wilton, which they are NOT! And returned close to 40mpg; how? And yes we accelerated more than enough times to satisfy a Q5 to RS3 evaluation. What an impressive piece of machinery.

Next up was the A4 Avant with a less (BHP) but power plant; a different route but the A4 didn't excite as did the Q5; getting itch for a Q5; where's the SQ5 I'm thinking...

Others are out with the SQ5 so we succumb to a Q8; brand new on trade-plates with all the bells and whistles a 16-year old gamer could want. Ok, it could be pushed around the twisty stuff with ease but would not appear on our next Audi-purchase list.

Now for the SQ5, yeah!!!! Oh dear, first impression, on start-up is its 'loud.' But this is petrol? The unassuming Q5 diesel is so much quieter? Out and onto the deplorable road surface from Stafford Audi to the M6 junction 14 and the SQ5 falls short of the Q5; so swap to 'comfort' and still the SQ5 doesn't improve all that much; the Q5 still has it! Ok, the SQ5 goes some, not sure it 'feels' more than the Q5, but overall would not, disappointingly, be my preferred choice. Need to think more about this as this is NOT what I was expecting...

Next is the RS5, only doing this for someone much younger than us! OK, it's good; a nice interior that I could live with but jeeze it seems 'on edge.' Fiddle with the controls - everyone seems to be using "DYNAMIC" and for sure the ride is more satisfying. Lots of 'bite' from the front end, I like; but overall is not what we now need. The controls were then handed over to our 'younger' companion and I think he enjoyed the RS5 more.

And the gifts to go away with! Are you serious? We should be leaving 'gifts' for you!!!

Stafford Audi still the best black coffee around, bar none...

THE ACID TEST: when we drove back home in BLUEY, our 2011 Audi 8P RS3, we were NOT disappointed; we're still finding it difficult to find anything we'd prefer for our needs... :readit:

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, Ghost, Sandra and 3 others
An amazing day, Sandra; you SHOULD have been 'here'... :yahoo:

Reactions: THQuattro, Sandra, NevMan and 1 other person
Andy Poole is not a member of ASN, Sandra. I logged him into my account while at Stafford Audi so he could view feedback, etc. Maybe you could call him tomorrow and get him to join, the man is sooo enthusiastic and helpful.

I'm visiting back there tomorrow (A1 is due service) and so will show him ALL feedback.

There's no doubt we must ALL provide maximum encouragement for further meetings like this of which Stafford Audi would seemingly and enthusiastically support. :racer:

Reactions: THQuattro, Sandra, NevMan and 1 other person
Loved it, what a fantastic day. All the staff were super helpful and the cars were wonderful. I drove the SQ5 (sounds better than my RS4 which is a tad annoying!) and the A1, both great cars. Will definitely give these guys a try next time we are on the look out for another Audi.

Thanks to Toby for the convoy drive up. Good to see Matt too, great RS3 fella … you boxed me in btw however I did squeeze out with just minor damage down the side of your car :tonguewink:

TX.

Reactions: UmarA6, THQuattro, Ghost and 4 others
Can only echo what other people have said. Many thanks to Andy and Joanne for looking after us so well and Sandra for organising this.
Not having so many performance cars available wasn't an issue for me. Nice to drive some other cars that I probably wouldn't drive. Started with the 3.0 TDI Q7 which was very nice, a decent turn of speed and so much room inside. Quite amazing how much pace these have considering the size.
DSC 4400

Next out in an A6 204 BHP 2.0 diesel. Very nice car but it took me a while to work out how to turn off the driver assistance. This was most disconcerting as the car seemed to want to go it's own way, with a very heavy centre weighted wheel and the steering pulling when ever you crossed a white line. Why anybody would want a car that drove like this I have no idea. Eventually found the option to disable this facility as it was set to maximum and the car was so much nicer.
The virtual dashes are very nice and the car is very comfortable. Fortunately there seems to be a lot of similarity in the operation of the various systems which have many options in these cars.
DSC 4403

Next back to an SUV, the SQ5. Having tried the Bi-Tdi version last time at Stafford I was interested to see what the petrol replacement felt like. It is no slouch looking on the net 0-60 in 5.3 seconds with a 350bhp engine for a vehicle of this size is good. Although it didn't feel as quick as the diesel version it replaces which seems to be the case looking at the numbers. The Diesels mid range pull was much stronger and I think it sounded better despite the fact a lot of the noise is electronically generated.
A very nice car and my pick out of the ones I drove. OK as long as you don't drive a lot of miles as the mpg didn't look too great.

DSC 4406

Finally had a run out in the A1. Interior is very much like a scaled back version of the larger cars, following the same kind of design philosophy. It did catch me out when pulling away first time as despite having an Stronic gearbox and fancy dash and lots of toys it has a manual handbrake. I suppose you have to save some pennies some where though.
The car pulls well in the lower gears and would be nippy in town, once you have learnt to work around the delay that seems to occur when pulling away from a round about or junction.Small cars have come a long way in the last 10 years or so.
DSC 4407
Apart from all the food and coffee got a nice goody bag with loads of car cleaning products for interior and exterior. And a Stafford Audi Ice scraper :) .

Reactions: UmarA6, Ghost, Sandra and 3 others
@AudiNutta - you sure live up to your name - happy to have been of help to you today...

Audinutta

Reactions: THQuattro, Ghost, Sandra and 2 others
Andy Poole is not a member of ASN, Sandra. I logged him into my account while at Stafford Audi so he could view feedback, etc. Maybe you could call him tomorrow and get him to join, the man is sooo enthusiastic and helpful.

I'm visiting back there tomorrow (A1 is due service) and so will show him ALL feedback.

There's no doubt we must ALL provide maximum encouragement for further meetings like this of which Stafford Audi would seemingly and enthusiastically support. :racer:

Sounds like a fantastic, well organised day. Fair play to Stafford Audi, setting the bar high it seems. Cmon other dealers round the country

Reactions: Ghost, Sandra, unitzero and 1 other person
Well what a fantastic day that was! I drove up from South Wales not knowing what to expect, some Audi hospitality perhaps and waits ahead for an allocated drive or two? I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Huge appreciation goes out to all involved in the planning and holding of this event. Thanks so much for your efforts Sandra, as others have beaten me to it this wouldn’t have been possible without all the hard work and dedication you repeatedly give to the site and all of its members. Andy Poole and his supporting staff did everything possible to make us feel welcome and VIP’s to the brand and succeeded in every aspect. I thoroughly enjoyed feeling like an ‘Audi customer’ again after the last 18 months of my relationship with my local Audi being a little patchy. It was the greatest of pleasures to finally meet John and Judith today after so long, you both lived up to expectations and more. I think myself and John can relate in quite a few aspects of abnormally anal car care :whistle2:

Now onto what I thought of the cars I drove, I was lucky enough to drive the whole range on offer but two (the A4 and SQ5). It was a perfect day in my eyes, a nice 270 miles in the seat of my pride and joy to take charge of another 7 sort after Audi’s, spectacular day.

Audi A6 2.0TDI; first opportunity was to drive the A6 but this was one of my preferred choices in the first place. I spent some time driving both the new 520d and 530d last year and have been eager ever since to compare it to Audi’s offering. The A6 didn’t disappoint and certainly has followed the Audi trend in scuppering the BMW interior regards to build quality. The 2.0 was as expected having experienced the latest of BMW’s Diesel engine tech, greatly refined, more than adequate poke and very smooth but arguably still a little small for a car as large as this.. for a bit of a snob anyway :icon thumright: What I didn’t like about this car?.. well until when I drove the A7 later I hadn’t found my way through the one assist settings. On country roads the car was very interfereing and made the steering very ‘lumpy’ with patches of strong assistance and really took the enjoyment out of it, only because of me having not figured out how to turn it off though as it simply wasn’t suited to the roads.

Audi Q3 2.0TDI; the Q3 was available next so was first up as my first experience driving a Q’ car. Now I’ll be honest I was surprised to have just found out it was a 2.0, might just be me but I had expected it to be the 1.6TDI, not because of engine refinement but just based on the power I felt under my foot (I did only have a short drive however). I was rememarkably surprised by this car, I expected it to be very familiar with it being on the same platform as the A3 but it drove totally different, very nice driving position and soaked up all of the bumps perfectly.. nice car, but as mentioned perhaps one needs to be prepared to look past the aesthetics, in this spec on offer anyway (RS SNOB ALERT!).

Audi Q7 3.0TDI; now I had hoped to drive the Q7 out of curiosity of what the Q’ car would be like before given the opportunity to drive the Q3 but I didn’t really know what to expect. The first time I accelerated onto the dual carriageway I was immediately overwhelmed with how the engine pulled myself and the big lump that is the Q7 with little effort. It took all of 5 minutes to realise I really liked this car, comfort, driving dynamics, power and refinement was all perfect for me. I felt more at ease driving the Q7 compared to the A6, until I looked in the side mirrors and saw how little tarmac there was between my wheels and the white lines ;) On reflection the Q7 was my favourite of the day and I drove a great selection, it’s one brilliant piece of machinery (not an applicable RS3 replacement though).

Audi A7 3.0TDI; Well having been in the Q7 and experienced that amazing power plant, I was very much looking forward to the A7 having learned it had the same engine in it. This car didn’t disappoint, the specification was very impressive and the 3D parking assistance is just brilliant. Very easy to drive, soaked up all the lumps and bumps like they weren’t there and my second favourite to the Q7 of the day. I love the styling on the A7, it is so sharp and the headlights are a work of art.

Audi A1 1.0TFSI; I was looking forward to driving the new A1, with its funky looks that I’m undecided on but the design has definitely grown on me. Very spacious in the front, lacking leg room in the back upon inspection with my 6ft seating position but totally to be expected and no different to its competitors. The engine was as expected having had plenty of experience with these wonderful 3 cylinders with the latest turbo technology, plenty adequate for the job great fun in the bends. The interior looks great and has been brought on an awful lot, some scratchy plastics on the door cards and a manual handbrake but a small price to pay to be in a ‘more affordable’ Audi, I’ve recently driven the new Polo and the A1 is leaps and bounds ahead. But the one negative to take from this car as with all other A1 experiences I’ve had, the suspension is awful firm and all those lumps and bumps in the road that I didn’t know were there in the larger cars all of a sudden became abruptly apparent. None the less a great car and I know had I not been lucky enough to be driving an RS3, speaking for the younger generation a car I’d be MORE than happy to drive.

Audi Q5 3.0TDI; I was made aware of this car by John & Judith who highly recommended taking it out for a spin. Well I’m back with the simply awesome 3.0TDI and it didn’t disappoint in the Q5 as previous. The seating position is nice and high in the Q5, very comfortable and enjoyable as an allrounder. I picked up on the steering rack being a little light but on my return both John and Andy disagreed, I did cycle in and out of dynamic a few times in surprise because it did feel light to me.. not just comparing to the RS3 but the cars I’d driven so far today. Anyway, a great comfortable car with endless potential.

Audi RS5; I was lucky enough to pop out with John & Judith in the RS and I will follow suit and say something John has heard before, you don’t drive like my granddad ;) Couldn’t have asked for a better couple to go out with, very much enjoyed my experience in this car. I was lucky enough to have a quick spin on the way back which I am extremely grateful for, I really didnt expect the effort gone into accommodating me today. I’ve driven the RS4 previously so the mounds of torque came as no surprise, fantastic pase and ability to carry effortless speed. The acoustics in the cabin are simply lovely, if only it wasn’t aided by technology.. the exhaust note does lack as we all know but this doesn’t reflect in the way the car performs. Upon startup the comment I made was something along the lines of “nice, some noise”. I enjoyed driving the A’ and Q’ series cars but the roar of an RS springing to life did excite me. Driving dynamics were to be as expected, sharp turn in, on rails throughout and the ZF gearbox was super slick and something I picked up on instantly. The interior is gorgeous in that car, it’s the one thing I envy from being an owner of the RS3 not that I have much to complain about in the RS3. A great car, but not one for me... I love my RS3.

So I think that summarises my day and my drawn out reviews, apologies for that but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading what everybody else thought of the cars I’ve also been lucky enough to drive today. I made a point of reviewing my own car on the journey home after John told me to. Now my car still put a huge grin on my face, the raw engine note, incredible pace (need you have any more???) and ability to hold the road. I’m far from in-experienced in the more ‘normal’ Audi’s I’ve done 25k+ miles in them over the years but having driven a great variety today it gave me appreciation on just how well the RS3 holds the road and inspires confidence. Most of it was motorway work, with one tunnel run.. but where I could I enjoyed it and can’t wait to bring it out again tomorrow for a clean and errands.

Thanks again to everybody, including all of the club members I met today. I will be honest I was a little anxious heading up alone not knowing what to expect but it was brilliant and a day I’d not hesitate doing again. In fact, Sandra please pencil me in for ALL future Audi Centre gatherings, with the exception of those north of Manchester or in Ireland, I need to draw the line somewhere I feel like I’ve abused mine with 14k on the clock after seeing John’s getting on for 8 year old Bluey today with less mileage :whistle2:

Reactions: UmarA6, THQuattro, NevMan and 4 others
Loved it, what a fantastic day. All the staff were super helpful and the cars were wonderful. I drove the SQ5 (sounds better than my RS4 which is a tad annoying!) and the A1, both great cars. Will definitely give these guys a try next time we are on the look out for another Audi.

Thanks to Toby for the convoy drive up. Good to see Matt too, great RS3 fella … you boxed me in btw however I did squeeze out with just minor damage down the side of your car :tonguewink:

TX.

Great to meet you also John, finally put a face to the name properly.. about time!!

Apologies for the boxing in situation, I’m going to blame the Focus ;) Had you been in an RS3 and not a big old bus it wouldn’t have been an issue ;) Only joking, I LOVE the Avants, larger the wheelbase the better for my taste in cars.

Hope to see you at the next one! :thumbs up:

Reactions: THQuattro, Ghost, RS3copilot and 3 others
@AudiNutta - you sure live up to your name - happy to have been of help to you today...

View attachment 174544

:lmfao:

Thank you John, as I’ve said above I am very grateful for your kind words today and ensuring I had the best of days... it really didn’t disappoint, not in any measurable aspect.

I’m happy to have some photos of Bluey with my own car, as I’ve said to yourself and Judith your car feels all so familiar having been admiring it on the forum for many years. To be able to put your car beside my own RS3, is something that 5 years ago I’d have never dreamt of being able to do.. that in itself was an achievement. Now the scale of my time on the forum is becoming a reality, 7 years before I could drive I found myself scouting the threads setting my goals.

Bluey is an absolute achievement to you both, all of the hard work you put into that car is impossible to overlook and I totally admire you for the work you do still. Genuinely sitting inside her, it is like a showroom fresh car. I have to ask, what do you use on your leather? There is absolutely no sheen whatsoever, I use products to give that effect but it is very much short term.

Roll on the next time we, Bluey and the Mica Pup have another meeting :thumbs up:

Thanks John and Judith :friends:

d865ae299dd9d2aef009ff62f4bda819.jpg

99f79cfbebeb38e2eef09bcfe50bb898.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro, Ghost, RS3copilot and 2 others
Thank you to Sandra, Andy and all involved.

Was well organised and of course Andy and the staff had us all well looked after.

I bought my S3 from Andy just before Xmas so was familiar with the dealership and Andy himself was as always very enthusiastic about the brand.

Drove the SQ5 first and it was so surprising, quick and planted and didn’t feel high up and wallowy like I was expecting.

A7 3.0TDI was next which at first was rather daunting being such a yacht but once out of the car park it was so easy to drive, even took it round the country lanes to see how it coped with the rough stuff. Even in dynamic mode it was smooth and comfy, we talked about how nice it would be to drive one to Worthersee in Austria and arrive fresh as a daisy, it would be such a nice Euro trip cruiser !

Q3 2.0TDI next - not for me. No flat bottom steering wheel, floppy and lacking in power is my best description.

RS5 actually exceeded my expectations, throttle response, engine and exhaust sound and even the comfort was all top notch. Sport Dynamic mode was used 90% of the test drive but we did slip it into comfort for a little while but the noise wasn’t there so we went back to Sport mode

Back to the dealership with a big grin on my face just in time to grab some food.

I had to break my no carb rule and tuck into some subway sandwiches and little cakes, ah well back to the diet tomorrow !

Got some great little detailing goodies and even got some showroom number plates to put in my S3 for shows and photoshoots (Thanks again Andy ! )

Was great to meet some members and have a chat, we had to shoot off a little early to get back home. My S3 felt a little weedy compared to the RS5 though. I need a twin turbo V6 in my life

Took pictures of all the cars we went out in (except the Q3, sorry) and some of the cars in the showroom too.

Heres a few for now. Need to sort through the rest in the week.

030756f22acd5d3f7d80284404de11fb.jpg

92c89306785ea91aa2b84a65001f58a7.jpg

18a811a742099fb1302c067f3e393aae.jpg

1c34a752cec3bee75cef807dc2009fd0.jpg

a578c07792eacd42ca2c2f5bc3e86a61.jpg

8b03cb7c382c4385ed051353b3cb1b5b.jpg

3c227e713cb58463235e1a03b29bd0fd.jpg

2b8bab6edc0ffce5809d85148735aa77.jpg

ff0da856ca15dd9103ec121ac4ebc010.jpg

Hope you like

Baz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: oli356, THQuattro, Ghost and 5 others
Thank you to Sandra, Andy and all involved.

Was well organised and of course Andy and the staff had us all well looked after.

I bought my S3 from Andy just before Xmas so was familiar with the dealership and Andy himself was as always very enthusiastic about the brand.

Drove the SQ5 first and it was so surprising, quick and planted and didn’t feel high up and wallowy like I was expecting.

A7 3.0TDI was next which at first was rather daunting being such a yacht but once out of the car park it was so easy to drive, even took it round the country lanes to see how it coped with the rough stuff. Even in dynamic mode it was smooth and comfy, we talked about how nice it would be to drive one to Worthersee in Austria and arrive fresh as a daisy, it would be such a nice Euro trip cruiser !

Q3 2.0TDI next - not for me. No flat bottom steering wheel, floppy and lacking in power is my best description.

RS5 actually exceeded my expectations, throttle response, engine and exhaust sound and even the comfort was all top notch. Sport Dynamic mode was used 90% of the test drive but we did slip it into comfort for a little while but the noise wasn’t there so we went back to Sport mode

Back to the dealership with a big grin on my face just in time to grab some food.

I had to break my no carb rule and tuck into some subway sandwiches and little cakes, ah well back to the diet tomorrow !

Got some great little detailing goodies and even got some showroom number plates to put in my S3 for shows and photoshoots (Thanks again Andy ! )

Was great to meet some members and have a chat, we had to shoot off a little early to get back home. My S3 felt a little weedy compared to the RS5 though. I need a twin turbo V6 in my life

Took pictures of all the cars we went out in (except the Q3, sorry) and some of the cars in the showroom too.

Heres a few for now. Need to sort through the rest in the week.

030756f22acd5d3f7d80284404de11fb.jpg

92c89306785ea91aa2b84a65001f58a7.jpg

18a811a742099fb1302c067f3e393aae.jpg

1c34a752cec3bee75cef807dc2009fd0.jpg

a578c07792eacd42ca2c2f5bc3e86a61.jpg

8b03cb7c382c4385ed051353b3cb1b5b.jpg

3c227e713cb58463235e1a03b29bd0fd.jpg

2b8bab6edc0ffce5809d85148735aa77.jpg

ff0da856ca15dd9103ec121ac4ebc010.jpg

Hope you like

Baz

When I spotted your car Baz I was hoping to come and meet you (if I hadn’t already without knowing), we follow each other on Instagram or at least I follow you and somewhere along the line you’ve been in contact with my Dad who is Dentsy on here.

The S3 looked great, the number plates set it off a great and I’m looking forward to see what you do with it.

Reactions: unitzero, 45bvtc and Sandra
When I spotted your car Baz I was hoping to come and meet you (if I hadn’t already without knowing), we follow each other on Instagram or at least I follow you and somewhere along the line you’ve been in contact with my Dad who is Dentsy on here.

The S3 looked great, the number plates set it off a great and I’m looking forward to see what you do with it.

Thank you, if you follow me on Instagram then you know that plans will include air ride and wheels at the very least ! Shame the winter roads ruined all of my hours of detailing yesterday though

We may have spoke but didn’t realise who was who - name tags next time ?

What’s your Instagram name ? You have the RS3 right ?

I’ll give you a clue to what I look like - here’s my hand on the RS steering wheel

fa13252c098d19730911d2238809aac9.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro, Ghost, 45bvtc and 1 other person
And as if having the facility to meet other ASN members, be given inside information on WTLP issues from the ever enthusiastic Mr. Andy Poole; food and beverage (if you had the time between exchanging another set of keys...), and drive new and or current Audi Q8, RS5, SQ5, Q5, A1, etc weren't sufficient enough; Stafford Audi provided gifts to all:

Stafford Audi Gifts

Ok, there were two of us but nevertheless just brilliant, fantastic, thank you...

Reactions: UmarA6, THQuattro, unitzero and 2 others
It was a great day Sandra, I can only echo all the sentiments written above. The hospitality at Stafford Audi is amazing; many thanks and congratulations to Andy, Joanne and all the staff there who are so friendly and helpful. By all accounts the lunch spread was wonderful, but we must have been out in the cars so much that we missed it completely. It was also so nice to put a face to people that you have only known by name on the forum, and good to have been able to help AudiNutta, he is one amazing young man. The gifts on leaving were just the icing on the cake, and so unexpected.

Thank you for all your efforts initiating this, to Swansway for arranging it and to Andy, Joanne and all the Team for organising it.

Reactions: Ghost, unitzero, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Firstly I wish to thank Head of Business Kevin Cunliffe for having the members of Audi-sport.net at your dealership on the 27th of January. I also wish to Thank Swansway garage group, Leah Pitt, the awesome Andy Poole, Joanna and all members of Staff at Stafford Audi who made it such an amazing day for our members who attended the Meeting. Without you guys, this wouldn’t have happened. You guys are all amazing and as you will read from the above feedback, they all had an awesome day. Many Thanks for the cars you laid on for test drives, we have a lot of very happy members who got to test drive some of the finest Audi’s in the range. Thank you for the food and refreshments that was laid on for them and the amazing gift you gave to all that attended. All the staff were very knowledgeable of the Audi brand and take great pride off their surroundings and treated all our members like royalty. We look forward to many more events with you all. Thank you all on behalf of all the members on Audi-sport.net. You guys are the very best.
Many Many Thanks.
Sandra
Administrator

Reactions: UmarA6, creweaudiparts, jojo and 4 others
My first ever dealership meet was at Stafford Audi and it was an awesome day, they certainly set a very high standard. I was really looking forward to this meet and hoped they would maintain the high standard, but this time they exceeded it.
And exceeded it in style.
It would good to meet up with some familiar faces and some new ones, and hugh massive thanks must go out to Sandra and all at Stafford Audi for making this day most memorable.
I was with my mate Dave who drives a Skoda estate and a Mondeo, he has never been in an Audi other than when I gave him a lift across Brum centre one day, so about 2 miles total in an Audi.
We doubled up in the cars but both wanted to drive the RS5. Our first car was the Q3 and I drove, surprisingly roomy but did seema bit down on grunt. Pulling away it changed gear really quick and seemed to bog itself down, but a nice comfy ride none the less.
Second up was the SQ5 and Dave drove as I had driven one last time I was there, it was quite impressive for its get up and go ability considering the size of it, didn't seem to be much roomier that the Q3 though. All gadgets and toys were nice, the dash most certainly impressive and we must have played with every function on it.
RS5, oh what can you say. This one was wrapped and was murdered out in matt black, it looked like it was breaking the speed limit while parked.
The engine noise was very pleasing but in all honesty could have been a bit louder inside, we opened the windows to hear it better but just got wind noise, but hey, its still a fantastic car.
Inside was the usual high end Audi refinements and the power just kept on coming, no lag, nice nice smooth consistent power.
Dave drove the Q8 and I sat there in luxury enjoying all the refinements, it drove really well but we were very surprised at the engine size for such a large car.
We were both handed a goody bag at the end as we left, and what a very nice gift it was.
As previously said, we should be giving them gifts.
A fantastic day out in great company of people, staff and cars.
I can't thank you all enough.

Reactions: UmarA6, Terminator x, 45bvtc and 3 others
Had to go back to Stafford Audi yesterday to book our A1 in for service, return an Audi book (Four Rings: The Audi Story) borrowed on Sunday, and hand over samples of TJ's QD and shampoo - which was enthusiastically received.

Anyway, warm greetings from both Joanne and Andy; Andy was bubbling with the response and enthusiasm from ASN members activities on Sunday and from the feedback already received. Apologetic over the lack of RS cars and again related production difficulties due to WTLP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure) compliance difficulties, however, Andy again repeated his desire to have another Stafford Audi meeting later in the year at which he would ensure a more "appropriate set of RS cars."

It goes without saying that the positive feedback received so far will help the cause...

Reactions: UmarA6, AudiNutta, NevMan and 2 others
Had to go back to Stafford Audi yesterday to book our A1 in for service, return an Audi book (Four Rings: The Audi Story) borrowed on Sunday, and hand over samples of TJ's QD and shampoo - which was enthusiastically received.

Oh, and I purchased the book (Four Rings The Audi Story): 368 pages with 1000 (280 x 230mm) illustrations and fascinating text tells the story of Audi, NEW and all for £20 delivered (wordery_specialist on eBay), amazing value, brilliant book; delivered just now...

4 rings

Reactions: Sandra and NevMan
Sounds like a fantastic, well organised day. Fair play to Stafford Audi, setting the bar high it seems. Cmon other dealers round the country

But where were you? Maybe next time... :racer:

I can only echo the thoughts of other members. A great day again from Andy and the team at Stafford.

I took the A4 v6 tdi out as the first run as that is a consideration to replace the VRS (ok maybe in b7 or b8 guise), and at only 218hp it was a very surprising drive. The 2.0 A6 was just as surprising given its smaller engine. The A1 TFSI felt under-powered and a bit revv'y for my taste but its a very nice place to be. Likewise the Q5 and SQ5 were similar in their performance attributes, but the SQ just had that little bit more theatre and experience to it, probably in part to the soundactor.

The highlight (and best left til last) was the Matte Black Monster RS5, hopefully I didn't make @UmarA6 too ill with his passenger ride :haha:

Unfortunately I have no photos to add, as was too busy chatting or driving ha.

But again, Huge thanks to the guys at Stafford Audi, and the Swansway Group. We're already looking forward to the next one.

Reactions: UmarA6, NevMan, 45bvtc and 1 other person
But where were you? Maybe next time... :racer:

Definitely mate, just couldn’t make this date at all which was a real shame (for me). Look forward to meeting you, others and of course bluey at some point

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
WOW, i mean what a day it was,
I am still buzzing from Stafford Audi, What a lovely bunch of staff, Especially Andy and Joanne for looking after us and allowing us test drive such amazing cars for us in the forum to realise Audi's normal car are not that far apart as the S cars as i might of thought
TELL A LIE, THE NOISE ON THAT SQ5 WAS DEADLYYY
This was my first Audi Meet and i enjoyed every bit of it from meeting other Audi Enthusiast to test driving a lot of Audi's car range A1, A4, A6, A7 Q5 SQ5 and going out in the RS5. My favourite has to be the SQ5, the noise on that was so addictive that it got me all crazy for one.
After having my A6 and having to move on to my Mercedes CLS which i currently have, i realised i need an Audi back again, The technology and the way Quattro puts its power down and is still controllable and stable it still Shocks me.
I have to give a big thanks to Sandra for setting up this event, As this day ment alot to me and big Thank you also to everyone from Stafford Audi and Richard from Crewe Audi for looking after us all and hopefully i will be back soon to test more cars and hopefully own an Audi again soon.

I can only echo the thoughts of other members. A great day again from Andy and the team at Stafford.

I took the A4 v6 tdi out as the first run as that is a consideration to replace the VRS (ok maybe in b7 or b8 guise), and at only 218hp it was a very surprising drive. The 2.0 A6 was just as surprising given its smaller engine. The A1 TFSI felt under-powered and a bit revv'y for my taste but its a very nice place to be. Likewise the Q5 and SQ5 were similar in their performance attributes, but the SQ just had that little bit more theatre and experience to it, probably in part to the soundactor.

The highlight (and best left til last) was the Matte Black Monster RS5, hopefully I didn't make @UmarA6 too ill with his passenger ride :haha:

Unfortunately I have no photos to add, as was too busy chatting or driving ha.

But again, Huge thanks to the guys at Stafford Audi, and the Swansway Group. We're already looking forward to the next one.

Hahahaha naa your driving made me want to go out with you again next time hopefully :) Buzzing for the next time :racer:

Definitely mate, just couldn’t make this date at all which was a real shame (for me). Look forward to meeting you, others and of course bluey at some point

We're seriously considering 3-litre SQ5 and Q5, q5man, and so your input would have been of great value.

Our considerations continue with the 286bhp Q5 being favourite (low down torque) for local driving./ The SQ5 was disappointingly, I've looked at several, but aside the 286bhp Q5 doesn't tick our boxes. Were I/we still working and/or driving motorway/A-road miles then a different story, but we are not; regular home to hospital is where we're at.

Andy will be loaning me a new 2-litre Q5 at the end of March. It will be interesting to do back-to-back with a 3-litre Q5 though I fear the 3-litre will be our choice.

Our PROBLEM is which or what to swap (RS3, TT, A1) for a Q5, or do we just add...

The 3-lire that i drove, i found it that it was very comfortable and very good going car with more than enough performance but just lacking in the noise department which you dont hear it at all which for a daily town car would be perfect to be fair but the sq5 bought the car a bit more alive. The q5 did feel alot smaller than it was, it was only when you looked at your side mirrors that you noticed how high up you were but was a beauty around corners and poor quality roads because of the drive select you can decided if you want it in dynamic making it feel sportier or in comfort so you dont feel any bumps but it was an exceptional car .

We're seriously considering 3-litre SQ5 and Q5, q5man, and so your input would have been of great value.

Our considerations continue with the 286bhp Q5 being favourite (low down torque) for local driving./ The SQ5 was disappointingly, I've looked at several, but aside the 286bhp Q5 doesn't tick our boxes. Were I/we still working and/or driving motorway/A-road miles then a different story, but we are not; regular home to hospital is where we're at.

Andy will be loaning me a new 2-litre Q5 at the end of March. It will be interesting to do back-to-back with a 3-litre Q5 though I fear the 3-litre will be our choice.

Our PROBLEM is which or what to swap (RS3, TT, A1) for a Q5, or do we just add...

Mate, you do have a lovely collection already . Think the 286bhp is a quality motor, but I i very happy with my 252bhp petrol, with tuning box taking it roughly around 300. But would have 286 3.0 or SQ5 in a heartbeat Haven’t driven the petrol SQ5 but did Audi day few years back and drove the diesel sq, which was stonking

Mate, you do have a lovely collection already . Think the 286bhp is a quality motor, but I i very happy with my 252bhp petrol, with tuning box taking it roughly around 300. But would have 286 3.0 or SQ5 in a heartbeat Haven’t driven the petrol SQ5 but did Audi day few years back and drove the diesel sq, which was stonking

Oh....add