*** Feedback For Portadown Audi Meet ***

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
Guys post your feedback in here and i will be passing it onto Philip at the dealership on Tuesday.

First impressions were that Portadown Audi are a very nice dealership, i do get the impression that they feel they are always playing second fiddle to Belfast Audi, they dont have the facilities to compete with Belfast Audi, its a much smaller place and they have to share with Mercedes-Benz so that means they cant hold as much stock as other dealerships.

I believe its not fair on them, if Belfast can have this amazing dealership then so should Portadown, after all they are both part of the Audi family and I know they are extending but i'm sure it still wont look anything like Belfast.

To take R8 status off them because the dealership isn't fancy enough just is not right in my opinion.

When we went in we were greeted by the parts guy and another gentleman, i didnt catch his name but they gave us a very warm welcome. Philip came along shortly after to talk to us for a few minutes before we were passed on to 'Mr X,Y,Z' guy (haha every other sentence from him had X,Y,Z in it :lmfao:), his real name being Andrew.

Andrew gave us a very informative tour of the workshop and machines, i particularly liked the AUDICAM feature, very neat way to show and prove to customers that there are discrepancies in their cars.

After the workshop we were passed onto Robert, the parts manager, he told us some very interesting facts about the dealership and again mentioned the fact that their parts stock isn't as large as their sister dealership.

When we were finished in the parts dep, we were taken over by Philip, sales manager, who i had originally dealt with, he informed us of the extension they are getting and showed us their paper plans, also showed us the stock outside and the Valeting bay.

Well me and a few others never seen the bay as we were drooling over the R8 outside as shown to us by Mr X,Y,Z who couldn't park properly haha. The noise of that thing is the stomach rumbling of God lol :hubbahubba:

We were then invited back into the dealership for some refreshments (No Shaun, i wont mention the paper cups... Oh damn ... :undwech::arco:). We were given a nice cuppa or coffee whichever we wanted and a pastry.

I thought the tour wasnt as thorough as Belfast Audi, but im sure this is down to not having as much facilities, but all in all a fine dealership with very pleasant and welcoming staff. :D:kissmyrings:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra and Gaz170
Guys could you please give me your feedback for the dealership, it is very important as i have to call Philip tomorrow with some results.

thanks
Aaron

I nearly didnt go myself if i am honest, Due to being on a night shift and basically getting home then leaving for the meet, then heading back to work again, without any sleep and thought id have seen it all being at the belfast one. But im glad i decided to go in the end.

Found it still very interesting and really enjoyed it, Funny how 2 Audi Dealers who work together.....work differently in some ways. Being showed their new computer system and how it works etc. as well as the AudiCam, which is a very nice feature! Im sure we've all heard the stories..."oh your car needs such and such" and 9/10 times you turn it down thinking they are just trying to get more money/work......Were you can see it all happening right infront of you with out actually being there in the workshop (or even in the dealership for that matter) standing over them.

Reactions: Sandra, Brennan and Gaz170
Having bought my car from Portadown Audi I experienced the 1st class service before. Seen this meet on rms and though why not, might aswell go to see things behind the scenes. I was very impressed with all that goes on at Audi Portadown. One thing Is - you know your car gets looked after when goes in to get any work done/ services etc. The workshop is so clean and tidy and cars all covered up so paint doesn't get marked etc. As the others have said the audi cam is a great idea. I experienced it not at the service end but when enquired about my car Paul Mooney sent me a video of the car and showed me all the features of the car. Gave me a better look at the car instead of just looking at a few photos. Hopefully will buy more cars off them in the future.

Reactions: Gaz170, Sandra and Brennan
Well what I can say, yet again another great tour with such a nice friendly bunch of staff, who made us all feel very welcome and they couldn't do enough for us. I did however feel a vibe in the air that they felt even before the tour commenced we were already looking down their dealership especially since we had already been to the big daddy of dealerships (Belfast Audi). But that wasn’t the case I think they done a great job and the information throughout the tour was very informative.

It was great to get a better understanding of the Audi Cam as I had only ever read about the system and I noticed that it wasn't something Belfast Audi broadcasted much. Andrew (XYZ man) was a really down to earth guy and was full of information.

It wouldn’t cost me a thought leaving my car into Portadown Audi as the level of service they offer their customers is of the same high standard as Belfast Audi in my opinion but I feel that they don’t get recognised enough as Aaron mentioned above.

Overall it was a really enjoyable day and was great to get seeing some new faces, I did however feel that one particular question towards Andrew was a bit out of order, am sure Aaron agrees with me, but say no more.

Philip had asked for me to send him some photos from the day which I did today so they should be on their Facebook page soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Thanks very much for your feedback lads, i'll be in touch with Philip tomorrow to sort out some offers for you guys so i will pass it on :)

Apart from you guys covered most in your posts
I'm glad I taken the run up it's nice to know that a dealership takes a few hrs outa their time to show us behind the scene's an making you feel welcome
I haven't been to belfast branch so i can't compare . To me they were not trying to hide anything an where very informative.
Again the use off the Audicam definetly a step in the right direction ( shame things like this has to be done to gain trust in dealers )
So i'd like to thank Portadown Audi for showing us around :thumbs up:

Reactions: Point_Audi and Brennan
With unexpected work commitments i was unable to speak to Philip today but i'll be having a chat with him on Thursday to sort out a few things :)

Seen the photos this evening, I had sent a few more but they picked those James, your motor was in the ones I sent also encase you think I was leaving you out!lol

What you getting sorted Aaron?lol

I will be getting us the same benefits as we have in Belfast Audi, I will be treating both dealerships with the same courtesy and respect as we want to have both on board.

Portadown have said they are going to be including us in some of their upcoming events so that sounds very promising.

Next time I'm in with Pat I'll ask him are there any upcoming events from their side :)

Reactions: Gaz170 and Point_Audi
Ok, so I just spoke to Philip, i had a good chat with him and passed all feedback onto him. He was really grateful for all the feedback from you guys and they are really excited about having us on board.

Philip said he would be appreciative of our business and has promised to speak to Malcolm and Robert (Parts Manager) about some discount on car and parts sales as a thank you to us for coming to their dealership. I will getting a call back from Malcolm in the next couple of days.

Finally i just want to say a thank you to you guys, it is you who make our club what it is and if we didn't have you there wouldn't be a Northern Ireland region. :)

Reactions: Gaz170
Another update for you guys.

I just noticed there now I had a voicemail today from Robert Sinton, Parts Manager, he said he's going to give me a call on Tuesday to discuss some parts discount for Audi-Sport members. :)

Reactions: Gaz170
Had an in depth phone call with Robert today and discount is now sorted for you guys. He and the rest of the staff are very happy to accommodate any Audi-Sport members for sales, leasing and parts.

I've also ask Robert to join as a member to advertise any offers they have for our members.

I would ask that you give these guys a turn whenever you can.

Thanks
Aaron

Last edited: