1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Feed for USB+aux

GeorgieS3 May 3, 2015

1. GeorgieS3

GeorgieS3 Registered User

image.jpg Just thought i would ask on here for some help, I have searched but can't seem to find much info. I got given this for free so thaught I would try fit it this weekend. I am not very good with auto electrics!
    Now I need to find a feed behind my HU + ground. Does it need to be switched or permanent I am unsure, but I think switched?
    And can identify these wires easily to save me buying a multimeter?
    Thaught I would give this thing a try I was going to buy the connects2.
    Thanks in advance. image.jpg

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. g60leigh

g60leigh Registered User

If you pull your head unit out. You will most likely see a wiring diagram on the casing. This will tell you which is the 12v feed and the earth wires. You will be able to choose if you use the permanent or ignition live

4. GeorgieS3

Ahhhh thanks mate, I pulled it out just the check that the keys work the other day but I didn't notice the drawing, then again I wasn't looking for it. Thanks.

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

6. GeorgieS3

Thanks tuffty. So is there a perminant I can use like the cigarette lighter? I am useless at this sort of thing. I might be better getting someone else to wire it for me.
    Thanks.