fed up of s3 now!!!!!!!

jonathan english

Reaction score
Hi Audi Sport guys,

Hope your all spiffing! so if you have been following my s3's life you'll no that the turbo failed (well started to go) anyway that has been replaced with a beach buggy turbo! have to say really happy with it (for the 3 days that it was possible to use it) anyway now the clutch has started to slip so basically when you hit 3-3.5k rpm you just rev as opposed to accelerating anyway i have rung around some garages and been qouted £489 (by mr clutch who i hear are really bad) and thats just the clutch not the dmf is it worth me just getting the clutch changed? or should i do the flywheel aswell? and is there a particular one i should i get clutch and flywheel wise? (car is currently at stage 1 but want to go to stage 2) on the other hand is there anything else cheap worth trying before doing the clutch? as im looking at around the £700-1000ish to have the whole lot done?

thanks for your help guys!!

Jon

oh and one more thing, just run a diagnostic (not vag com but Delphi) and it flagged up maf sensor readings low which cleared and didn't come back but none that said clutch switch or anything similar!? Sorry to be a pain guys!

I got my dmf from cp4l for under 200 bill does a clutch for around 300 then just a presume plate 80 for that and a new oem clutch can't buy separate I don't think, all in 580 and it will hold over 400 hp :)

Clutch and flywheel both best to do. OEM clutch is fine but there are others that you can get. It's not suprising that the clutch started to slip, the new turbo will produce mote torque than the old dying one, classic with people getting remaps and experiencing slip. Are you looking at going stage 2?

Clutch and flywheel both best to do. OEM clutch is fine but there are others that you can get. It's not suprising that the clutch started to slip, the new turbo will produce mote torque than the old dying one, classic with people getting remaps and experiencing slip. Are you looking at going stage 2?

"(car is currently at stage 1 but want to go to stage 2)"

Looks like he is. Probably worth going for uprated rather than oem then, seeing as you're going to have to change it anyway.

cool cheers guys! One thing I noticed driving home yesterday is that if 3rd and 4th slip then 5th and 6 will be fine and if they slip then 4th and 3rd will? Does that sound right? Is the stuff that westcoast listed what I should get? Also as I'm short on money for the next month will it last that long or will it go pretty quick? Unfortunately I was in Devon when it started going on Tuesday (I live in Essex so quite far) and ive driven it back and although its slipping just driving normally and not accelerating quickly it appears fine!

if someone could link me to some some recommended clutch parts for stage 2 i would be most grateful! Thanks again

I'm not sure which engine code it is? How can I find it? (I want to say amk) anyway its a year 2000 v reg 210bhp

do you think that will be ok for stage 2? I have seen that one on there! I saw that if you buy that and the clutch seperatly aswell you can get £30 off!!

sounds cool! Sorry to be a pain but the clutch kit one (middle link) doesn't work?

I never picked a clutch as there's loads and the prices have gone up as I only paid 80 pounds for a Sachs kit, any of them will do but would maybe not the transmech one :)

lovely cheers buddy Il hunt down all the parts and see what happens! Roughly how much should I look to pay to have it fitted?

That I can't answer as I done it all with my buddy when I changed the engine and not a mechanic so don't know :/ but I think it's around 6-8 hours but could be wrong :)

cheers for that buddy I'm sure that will come in handy as I always thought it was amk dont no why? Anyway regarding the clutch ive managed to find a garage that will fit it for £230 they have quoted £795 parts and labour inc. Vat I have asked if I can supply the parts and he said yes so he can do the standard clutch luk or Sachs for £604.50 or a sachs performance clutch kit and normal dmf for £737.46 what you guys think?

just if anyone wants this? I bought it but they sent an extra one can have it for free 1 st to pm me there address can have it!

forgot the pic

Attachments

• WP_20150309_20_46_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150309_20_46_22_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
Hi guys something weird has happened? My clutch has stopped sliping it hasn't done it for a week! Is it possible that I just glazed it somehow? Or is it still likely to go even though its not slipping? Thanks jon