FBSW revamp stage 1 completed.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My current RS4 fbsw revamp stage 1 is now complete and I think it looks ok.
I decided to swap over the existing trims on my current wheel to get a better visual on how the carbon dip items look with the punched leather rim.
Looks fine, I had planned on going Alcantara on the top section between thumb pads with the refurb wheel but I may get them to leave that now and instead go with smooth leather.
So this one is staying fitted for now until I get back the refurbed one in a few weeks, now I know the carbon dip looks ok I'll be dropping off the other silver set to be dipped.

piccy of the trim fitted to the old bus.
before and after.
Satnav5
IMG 4333

Reactions: Stu_b7, THQuattro and Jamsmoo
Looks good Rob my ocd would take over though and i couldn't deal with the different carbon weaves in the cabin :blink:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
There is very little in it Ricky, and it's a trick of the light, shadows make it look more black than the rest but in the flesh it's pretty well the same colour. :thumbs up:
It's never going to exact as it's only a surface finish and not an actual weave but better than silver.

Looks good :icon thumright:, I'm still checking in on the B7 section waiting for you to get the power build done! I got the other half an A3 sportback for her birthday now so ill be keeping an eye out more often and ill be on your case lol...

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Looks good :icon thumright:, I'm still checking in on the B7 section waiting for you to get the power build done! I got the other half an A3 sportback for her birthday now so ill be keeping an eye out more often and ill be on your case lol...
I'm just acquiring all the engine parts Ricky, I've not been rushing at it as I have other fish to fry at the moment as they say, but I'm making headway on the bits. :thumbs up:
Keep an eye on my build thread over the next few months.:yahoo:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
I've been looking at RS6 avants recently too ....must be pre-pension midlife crisis looming..lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ricky Burrows, THQuattro and Jamsmoo
I've been looking at RS6 avants recently too ....must be pre-pension midlife crisis looming..lol
I’m always looking at RS6 avants, could do with the extra space and bonkers power.
Prices have gone nuts in the last year though so I’m keeping my midlife crisis on hold for the moment.
The FBSW looks mint Rob, definitely on my to do list if I can ever find a decent one that’s not extortionate money

I’m always looking at RS6 avants, could do with the extra space and bonkers power.
Prices have gone nuts in the last year though so I’m keeping my midlife crisis on hold for the moment.
The FBSW looks mint Rob, definitely on my to do list if I can ever find a decent one that’s not extortionate money
Tell me about it, was meant to be treating myself to a facelift w212 E63 amg last October for my birthday and in September they started to rise rapidly from low £20k to £30k ish from what seemed like overnight so out the window that went, looks like all German power houses have went nuts lately and hit arguably the worst in this car price shi*e lately, one day lads one day..