1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 FBSW airbag harness part number .

Just Rob. Mar 25, 2019

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Evening chaps,
    I could really use some info and help if possible on the subject of airbag & air bag harnesses for the FBSW.
    I need to clarify the correct part number for the airbag assembly and the airbag harness that is fitted to the RS4 B7 flatbottom steering wheel.
    and if anyone has some good pics of either that would be greatfully received.

cheers
    rob

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mikep99

mikep99 Active Member Team Phantom Audi RS4

Hi Rob,

Just been catching up and noticed you're having a little issue :(

Have you checked the etka diagrams?:
    MFSW - https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+rs4+avant+quattro/rs4/2007-473/4/419-419000/#25
    FBSW - https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+rs4+avant+quattro/rs4/2007-473/4/419-419010/#8
    airbag - https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+rs4+avant+quattro/rs4/2007-473/8/880-880000/#3

Notice no. 25 on the MFSW diagram, this isn't on the FBSW and it looks like there's an extra wire from item no.2

Is it like this on the wheel you bought at all?

ta
    Mike

Just Rob. likes this.
  4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Evening mike, just a few probs …
    I have looked at those mike but cant come up with the airbag harness part number as it doesn't show it for some reason.

5. mikep99

I think its 4F0971589A - no.3 on the airbag diagram.

Mike

Just Rob. likes this.
  6. Just Rob.

Now that's odd mike because that is the same part number on the airbag harness on my a4 airbag I removed.

which looks like this.
    [​IMG]

7. Just Rob.

would be nice if it is the correct harness .

8. mikep99

That part number is the same for both MFSW & FBSW as far as I can tell.
    Was there an extra lead as in no.2 on the FBSW on your new wheel?

EDIT -
    4F0971589A is used on a lot of Audis - A4/RS4/A6 etc..

Mike

Just Rob. likes this.
  9. Just Rob.

the fbsw has the black socket for the control wires in the harness but the airbag harness supplied did not as below.
    FPCS8079.jpg

10. mikep99

Whats the part number on the new airbag Rob?
    Should be
    8E0880201CT

Mike

Just Rob. likes this.
  11. Just Rob.

the rs airbag supplied is 8E0 880 201 CT 6PS , which may or maynot be correct.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. mikep99

yep, that looks correct Rob.

Mike

Just Rob. likes this.
  14. Just Rob.

well that's progress mike. so its only the loom that's he supplied that is wrong.
    It may sound mad but I just want to have the correct parts for the wheel , after all that's what I paid for and then if I want to sell it later , I can knowing it all 100% oem and correct unlike what I have now, its the principle of the thing if you get my drift.

15. mikep99

I know what you mean Rob, frustrating not getting what you paid for...
    There's a few of 4F0971589A up for sale for about £30.
    Might be worth chasing the seller up to reimburse you once you've got it working.
    Whats your plans with it now? Try it with your old loom?

Mike

Just Rob. likes this.
  16. Just Rob.

I think i'm going to sort the seller out and get a new and correct loom for starters and then at least I have the correct parts should I sell the wheel later.
    I have a lot on work wise at present and not knowing what needs doing to get the wheel functioning I think i'll get it fitted and sorted properly, may cost a few pounds but at least it will work , otherwise id only mess it all up.
    I'll leave it fitted for now and just use the radio controls for the meantime.
    anyway , many thanks for your help mike, very appreciated.

rob

17. mikep99

no probs Rob - good luck with it!!

Mike

Just Rob. likes this.
  18. Just Rob.

I forgot to say mike, despite the probs i'm having the wheel is a good retro fit .
    It feels different to the normal wheel, and a lot lighter in use and the steering feels very responsive now, I wasn't sure before hand but glad I did go with it.
    A tad overkill cost wise but then that applies to most things with the audi label.

rob

19. mikep99

even more so with the RS label!!
    yeah, they're smaller than the normal wheel so the steering will feel more responsive.
    only problem is you've got me thinking I should do something with mine!!!
    it'll have to wait though...

Mike

Just Rob. likes this.
  20. Kenny147

Kenny147 New Member

Just done this....It's the same loom.