Fbsw again is anyone done it

dancupra225

Reaction score
Audi a3 2004

Right yes I'm asking again has anyone on here fitted a fbsw to a 2004 stage 1 set up and converted it to stage two air bag etc ??

I want to do this but finding it hard to make sure got the right parts etc

Anyone on here fit it ?
Or push me in the right direction to help

I no I've search loads now just want help not asking for a lot

Many thanks

Last edited:
I have heard that the steering fits fine but you will need an airbag from 2012 onwards, apparently Audi returned to single stage.

Steering wheel will need new middle bit slip ring then may be ecu can anyone comfirmbthr bag bit for me ?.

You can modify the wiring for it too work. But wether it will go off in an accident nobody knows. There's one way of find out.....

Yeah i no u can modify it but who on here has done it so I can do this mod so I'm mot wasting money on things I don't need

You can modify the wiring for it too work. But wether it will go off in an accident nobody knows. There's one way of find out.....

Yep as above, a look at the wiring diagrams shows it's not going to be too difficult to wire the 2 stage airbag in but if it'll work properly is anyone's guess. I'll be amazed if you'll find anyone willing to do this mod for you so unless you're confident with auto electrics I'd suggest it's a bit of a non starter.

I no enough people to do it or help just the fact parts need so far I no
Steering wheel from s3
Slip ring
Steering wheel ecu
And loom

But parts numbers I've put up are they correct that's all someone on here must of done it,
Just find it funny guy puts up I'm painting my calipers gets so much help unreal even a step by step guide !! Sand paint or spray easy sorry to ***** just find it funny

Have you tried ringing dealers for the part numbers?

The question you're asking is probably a difficult one hence a lack of replies, sure people would love to answer if they could!

Already spoken to Audi no sorry won't fit as it's not standard
There's a few clever people on which know there stuff

Audi a3 tdi 2004 plate

Yes I have email directly not even a reply just find it funny as all the replys are search I have but some has done it just finding the right Person or who isn't a key board warrior!!

Yep again if fitted properly might work, but doesn't say how he crash the car

Yes I have but doesn't say if the bloke was deivng like a nob just he crash I drive safe at all times never speed what's the point

Yep again if fitted properly might work, but doesn't say how he crash the car

Yes I have but doesn't say if the bloke was deivng like a nob just he crash I drive safe at all times never speed what's the point

Understand where you're coming from, but sometimes it can be the another driving like a nob causing you to crash mate, how safe would you feel knowing your airbag might not work?

Anyways - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...9-help-single-dual-stage-airbag-retrofit.html

Seen that? There's a post from NHN explaining how it could be possible..

Yes and no cant say on the crash What happen

Yeah seen that Just unsure on loom needed etc as few to pic k from etc