Faulty parts that's already on the car

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Just wondering how other people deals with situations like that.

I got a fault with my suspension (it squeaks, groans, grinds and rubs), I've contacted the company I bought it off, they contacts the manufactures and they got back saying I need to remove the shocks/springs and ship them up to them.

Ok but how? apart from the obvious.
I can't see my mechanic being to happy about having my immobile car stuck on a ramp or workshop floor for several weeks.
I can't buy another kit to fit to the car while this kit is sent away for inspection.
Also, who's going to pay for all the spanner time of taking the kit on and off?

Is it acceptable for them to expect people to pay (assuming most can't do the work themselves) almost twice over to get bits removed, sent away, found to be fault under warranty and not pay towards this extra expense that is caused by their fault product?

Any one had any thing like this?
It don't have to be suspension but just generally something along the same lines.

Last edited:
I've heard of turbos failing under warranty, and the turbo supplier will only replace the turbo itself, they wont cover labour for the installation/removal.

who fitted the shocks

I've heard of turbos failing under warranty, and the turbo supplier will only replace the turbo itself, they wont cover labour for the installation/removal.

It just annoys me that it only seems to be car parts that they expect you buy new, swap parts, refund the fault bits after and be out of pocket for extra work that would not have been needed if their bits never failed in the first place.

You don't expect TV, Fridges, PCs, Doors or any thing else that comes with a warranty to do.
Unless they do and I've never experienced it.

who fitted the shocks

I did the front and mechs did the rear.