Faulty k04 turbo activator -Q What's the repair path ?

AGB-S3

Reaction score
Diagnosed with faulty turbo activator , cause of occasional loss of power and issues at full boost
ie works fine most of the time .. then has the occasional dip, n75 replaced not long back , no error codes etc
original 180K miles k04

Q What's the repair path ?

can these be refurbished , exchanged etc ?

Tnx -Graham

merseyside

They can be refurbished on a exchange basis if your turbo isn’t cracked with it most likely be at that mileage try aet turbos

Im assuming it ok, where would cracks be a issue , rotor or case ?

They won’t refurb a turbo with a cracked housing so you would lose the exchange deposit if it was, mine was cracked when taken out but still worked fine as they were only tiny cracks

It won’t let me upload my pictures of my cracked one but have a google of cracked ko4 housing they are not massive cracks

catch22 , buying a refurbed unit indirectly, that's on receipt of yours ,

round what ££ is/was the deposit ?

I’d didn’t replace mine I sold it with the engine so don’t know about prices all I can say is go with a reputable company my mate got a cheap turbo refund for his diesel a4 lasted 200 miles

Tnx for the info , can see posted images , cracks round the control valve , makes sense , had this , occasional power loss for a while, after replacing the n75 nothing ever showed on the error codes , and 99.9 % of the time , ran/runs fine .. then a dip in the power after opening throttle ..finally, showed up on rolling road test , dip and some 'occasional' flutter at max rpm..