Faulty electrics???

Mrmok

Reaction score
Hi,

recently my 02 A4 Avant has developed a fault which I assume is electrical.......The buzzer which sounds when the drivers door opens with lights left on has stopped working along with the alarm override switches in the drivers door which you use when you want to lock up with maybe the windows open and a dog in the car. Have also noticed that when drivers door opens the interior lights fail to come on although they do with passenger door opened, so I am guessing that something has gone wrong with the electrics in the drivers door which is causing all these problems.

Does anyone have any remedies or experience of this fault?

Thanks in advance

Matthew

might be comfort control module full of water - this happened to me - try taking out passenger seat and pull carpet back to reveal 10cm of water!! then once drained you can see the damage to the module.

If it were the comfort module underwater, I would expect a less localised problem. In MkIV Golfs, the door microswitch would be the culprit if the interior lights/headlight warning failed to come on, but because your problem is coupled with the alarm switches not working, I'd be inclined to say it is the door wiring - as Az said.